Rail Coach Factory (RCF) Kapurthala has invited applications from candidates to apply for Apprentice posts in various departments. This recruitment drive is to fill up 550 posts in the organization. Eligible candidates can apply online through the official site of RCF on ‘rcf.indianrailways.gov.in.‘. The last date to apply for the posts is March 4, 2023.
|Organization Name||Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala|
|No, of Posts||550|
|Last Date||04 March 2023|
|Educational Qualification||10th Passed|
The notification released by the Rail Coach Factory invites applications from interested candidates for recruitment as apprentice in various trades. The selected candidates will be given training in Technical Training Center, Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala under the Apprenticeship Act of 1961. The number of vacancies in each field are mentioned in the table below.
- Fitter: 215 posts
- Welder: 230 posts
- Machinist: 5 posts
- Painter: 5 posts
- Carpenter: 5 posts
- Electrician: 75 posts
- AC & Ref. Mechanic: 15 posts
All aspiring candidates must ensure that they meet the criteria set by the organization. The details regarding the criteria is given below in detail.
The Candidates must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent ( under 10+2 examination system) with minimum 50% marks, in aggregate, from recognized Board and also possess National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training.
The candidates should have completed 15 years of age and should not have completed 24 years of age as on 20.12.2021.
Age relaxation mentioned are as follows:
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of Scheduled Caste (SC)/ (Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates.
- For persons with disability, upper age limit is relaxable by 10 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by up to additional 10 years for ex-servicemen to the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 3 years, provided they have put in minimum of 6 months services at a stretch.
All candidates who are eligible for age relaxation must produce respective certificates issued by appropriate authority at the time of document verification.
A non refundable application fee of Rs. 100 is be paid through online mode. The payment can be made by using debit card/credit card/Internet Banking/SBI Challan etc. by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidate. Application fee in the form of Cash/Cheque/Money order/IPO/Demand Draft etc. will not be accepted. No fee is required to be paid by SC/ST/PWD/Women Candidates.
Rail Coach Factory Recruitment 2023: Mode of Selection
Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit from the list of candidates who have applied for the post. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks in matriculation and ITI marks in the trade in which apprenticeship is to be done. In case of two candidates having the same marks, older candidates shall be preferred. In case the dates of birth are also same, then the candidate who passed matriculation exam earlier shall be considered. A final merit list will be prepared trade wise and community wise, equal to the number of slots in the descending order of percentage of marks obtained by the
candidates. These candidates will be subject to verification of original certificates and should also be found fit in appropriate medical examination.
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to apply ONLINE by visiting ‘www.rcf.indianrailways.gov.in’. Detailed instruction for filling up ONLINE applications is available on the website. Physical copies of the application form will not be considered.
- Candidates are required to log on the RCF website provided for filling ONLINE applications and fill up the personal details carefully.
- Candidates should ensure their name, father name, date of birth exactly match as recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate. Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the ONLINE application and keep them active during the entire engagement process as all important messages will be sent by email or SMS.
- Candidates have to keep a printout of their application. If found eligible, he/she will be called for Document Verification and the print out of Online application should be produced at the time of Document Verification.
- Candidates are required to upload their passport size color photograph (not older than three months from the date of application) in JPG/JPEG format. Candidates are advised to keep two additional copies of the same photograph if needed during Document Verification. If there is a significant difference between the appearance of the candidate in photograph and actual appearance, the application can be rejected.
- Candidates are also required to upload their signature (size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, JPG/JPEG format, 100 DPI, size of the file should be between 05 kb- 30kb).
- If the candidate faces any problem in the Online submission and printing of application, they can call 01822- 227734, 227735 and then dial extension 92706 to get direct connection with the concerned officer and staff from 10:00 a.m. to 5.00 pm (except Sundays and Holidays).
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are
required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the online application.
No change or edit will be allowed thereafter.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt with the date entered by the
candidate will be generated which should be printed and retained. If the online transaction is not successfully completed, login again and make payment online.
- During submission of ONLINE application, a Registration number will be issued to each applicant. Candidates are advised to note down their Registration Number for further stage of recruitment process or for correspondence with RCF /Kapurthala.
Q1. What is the last date to apply for Rail Coach Factory Recruitment 2023?
Ans. The apply online last date for Rail Coach Factory Recruitment is 04th March 2023.
Q2. How many vacancies are released under Rail Coach Factory Recruitment 2023?
Ans. A total of 550 vacancies are released under Rail Coach Factory Recruitment 2023