Railway has invited the application for the posts of RPF Constables & SI from both male & female candidates. Matrix and Graduation are the essential educational qualification for applying for these posts respectively. Candidates have to get through three stages of the screening process to find a place in the final selection list.
Stage 1: Computer-based Test
An Initial screening test is a computer-based test, where candidates have to face questions from Arithmetic, General Awareness, and General Reasoning. The test will be for 90 minutes and the number of questions will be 120(GK – 50 questions and other two 35 each). Negative marking is present.
For RPF SI, exam level may be similar to that of SSC CGL and for Constable similar to SSC CHSL.
Current Affairs, History, Geography, Economics, Basic Science, Art & Culture, Polity etc
Sources : Entri App, NCERT textbooks, Current Affairs, News Papers
- Number systems, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers,
- arithmetical operations, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, mensuration, percentages, time and distance
- use of table and graphs etc.
Sources: Entri App, Quantitative Aptitude by Agarwal
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Analogies, spatial visualization & orientation,
- problem-solving analysis,
- judgement & decision making, visual memory,
- discriminating observation, relationship concepts,
- arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic & non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.
Sources: Entri App, General Intelligence & reasoning by Agarwal
Stage 2: Physical Efficiency Test
Generally, Railway will select 15 times more candidates from stage 1 for stage 2 screening, which is a Physical Efficiency Test. Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory for all the selected candidates. Those who fail in the test will have to end their race.
For Constable :[ninja_tables id=”2968″]
For SI :[ninja_tables id=”2949″]
Stage 3: Document Verification
Those who passed the Physical test will be called for the Stage 3, Document Verification.
The Final list will be updated only after the completion of all the three stages.
Entri is an award-winning online platform which helps students to prepare for various competitive examinations and keeps them updated on various exam schedules. Practice question papers and mock tests for Kerala PSC, SSC CHSL, SSC CGL, IIT JEE Mains, NEET, KEAM, and Comedk are available for students to know where they stand and prepare accordingly. Doubt forums are also made available to students to provide a platform for them to interact with experts and clear all their doubts and queries. A suitable app to help you stand out in various competitions.