Table of Contents
Rajasthan Public Service Commission has invite applications for the post of Protection Officer under Women’s Empowerment Protection rule. This a temporary post. Applications can be submitted online through the official website – rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in. Application process begins from 11th July 2022 and will be open until 12 midnight on 9th August 2022. This article provides you with all the details regarding the recruitment.
RPSC Defence Officers Post Lists 2022 Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Name of Post||Protection Officer|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Commencement of online application||11 July 2022|
|Last date of online application||12 midnight on 9th August 2022|
|Selection process||Written exam|
RPSC Defence Officers Post Lists 2022
There are four vacancies for the post of Protection Officer according to the notification by the Commission. The number of vacancies can be increased or decreased according to the requirement. The reservations for the vacancies are as follows:
- General: 2
- General Women: 1
- General: 1
The Dandavat reservation are as follows:
- Ex Servicemen: 2 (Backlog)
- Specially qualified people: 1 (Blind/ Low Vision (Backlog))
RPSC Defence Officers Salary
Protection Officers recruited by the Commission will be paid under pay matrix level L 11with a grade pay of Rs. 4200. As per the rules of the state government, a fixed salary will be paid during the probation period.
RPSC Defence Officers Eligibility Criteria
The Commission has laid down certain eligibility criteria for the post of Protection Officer. Only those applicants who fulfil these criteria will be considered for recruitment. All other applications will be rejected. Read on to know more about the required criteria.
Applicants should fall within the age limit of 18 to 40 years as on 1.1.2023. Age relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable as follows:
- Male candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Backward Classes, More Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Sections of Rajasthan State: 5 years
- Women Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, More Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Sections of Rajasthan State: 10 years
- Women Candidates belonging to General Category: 5 years
- Persons with disabilities: 5 years
There shall be no age limit in the case of persons repatriated from Pakistan during the 1971 Indo-Pak War and the upper age limit for Defense personnel transferred to the reserve and the Ex-Service personnel will be 50 years.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Law Graduate (LLB)/Masters in Social Works (MSW) from a University established by law in India.
- Working knowledge of Hindi written in Devnagari Script and knowledge of Rajasthani Culture.
Those who have appeared for the final exam of the LLB or MSW can also apply granted that they submit the required certificate before the entrance exam.
RPSC Defence Officers Application Process
- Applicants should go through the official notification to ensure their eligibility before applying. They should also go through the instructions and guidelines for applying which is available in the official website – rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in.
- Applicants should have a valid email id and mobile number.
- To apply, candidates should click on the ‘Apply Online’ link available in the official website rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in. or in the SSO portal sso.rajasthan.gov.in.
- Candidates should complete One Time Registration (OTR) process by selecting the Recruitment portal available in Citizen Apps(G2C). To complete this process, applicants have to enter all the required details along with then required proof. Enter the details carefully as once it’s done, no modifications are allowed.
- After filling the online examination form, applicants will have to generate an application number by paying the application fee. Fee once paid will not be refunded.
- If the applicant does not receive the application number, it means that his/ her application has not been submitted.
- Once the application process is complete, applicant must take a print out of the application form and fee receipt.
- If the applicant wants to amend any information in the application form, he can do so by paying Rs. 500. Amendment can be done only once. The details entered during one time registration process cannot be amended.
- General category, backward class and most backward class applicants from Rajasthan’s creamy layer – Rs. 350
- Other backward classes, extremely backward classes and economically weaker section of Rajasthan’s non creamy layer – Rs. 250
- People with disabilities, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Rajasthan and applicants whose family income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs – Rs. 150
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of TSP area and all Tehsils of Baran district for Sahariya tribal applicants – Rs. 150
RPSC Defence Officers Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of competitive exam conducted by the Commission. If required, scaling, moderation or normalization of answer sheets will be done by the Commission. The exam will be of objective type and may be conducted offline or online. It will be of 600 marks. There will be two papers – Paper-I is for General Studies and it is a compulsory paper and Paper-II is optional paper. Both the papers shall be of 300 marks each. Duration of both papers shall be 3 hours each. The date and venue of the exam will be intimidated by the Commission. The syllabus for the exam will be released through the official website. Negative marking shall be applicable in the evaluation of answers. For every wrong answer, one third of the marks prescribed for that particular question shall be deducted. Minimum passing marks shall be 40% in each paper.
RPSC Defence Officer 2022- Exam Pattern
In the RPSC Defense officer exam, there were two papers. Paper 1 (General Studies) will be required, whilst Paper 2 (Subject Affecting – Social Work/Law) will be optional. Both the required and any optional exam papers must be taken by candidates. Both exams’ questions are all of the objective variety. Combined marks for the two papers come to 300. Each paper must be completed in 180 minutes. 40% of the final score for each paper will be the minimum required to pass. Correct responses will receive a lower grade. One-third of the marks allotted for that particular question will be subtracted for each incorrect response.
|Paper 1st||General Studies||300||3 hours|
|Paper 2nd||Subject Concerned||300||3 hours|
The main theme to pass an exam lies in systematic and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to chase your dream career and focusing for a good foundation, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App offers a great online platform for all those willing to attend for different bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts offer short and precise video classes which assists you in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.