Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has published the official notification inviting application from eligible candidates for the recruitment to the post of Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS). Rajasthan Administrative Services exam is a state-level Civil Services Exam conducted by RPSC. The exam is also known as Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive Exam. This is one of the most important and prestigious positions under the Rajasthan Government and the candidates who wish to appear for the examination must be familiar with the RPSC RAS Exam Notification 2021 which has the completed details regarding the job profile, vacancy, and eligibility criteria for the candidates. Here in this article are the complete details regarding the RPSC RAS Notification 2021.
RPSA RAS 2021: Exam Overview
|Exam Conducting Authority||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)|
|Name of Service||Rajasthan Administrative Service|
|Posts||· State Services
· Subordinate Services
|Selection Process||· Preliminary Written Test
· Main Written Test
· Personality test
|Date of publishing of Notification||August 4, 2021|
|Application Dates||4th August to 2nd September 2021|
|Exam Dates||· Prelims – 27th October 2021
· Mains Examination: To be announced
· Personality Test: To be announced
Click here to Download RPSC RAS Notification 2021
RPSC RAS 2021: Vacancy Details
The Rajasthan Administrative Service exam is conducted to recruit candidates to the following posts in State services and Subordinate services. For the year 2021, the commission has identified a total of 988 vacant positions, and the examination is held for that posts. The selection of candidates for the post will be based on three phases like RAS Prelims, Mains, and Interview/ Viva-voce. The Prelims exam will be conducted on October 27, 2021, as per the notification published by RPSC. And, the main exam will be after the prelims result, and the dates for that will be announced by the commission later. All the aspirants can check out the homepage of the Rajasthan Public Service Commission. The RAS exam is conducted to fill Group A and Group B vacancies in the state of Rajasthan.
|State Services||Subordinate Services|
|RAS – Rajasthan Administrative Service||Rajasthan Industry Subordinate Service|
|RPS – Rajasthan Police Service||Tehsildar|
|Rajasthan Account Service||Rajasthan Planning Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Industry Service||Rajasthan Temple Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan State Insurance Service||Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Cooperative Service||Rajasthan Commercial Tax Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service||Rajasthan Fertilizer and Civil Supplies Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Jail Service||Rajasthan Cooperative Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Planning Service||Rajasthan Women and Child Dev Subordinate|
|Rajasthan Women And Child Development||Jail Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Fertilizer and Civil Supplies||Social Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Rural Development Service||Rajasthan Labour Welfare Subordinate Service|
|Rajasthan Women Dev||District Minority Welfare Officer|
|Rajasthan Minority Service||Rajasthan Programme Officer|
|Rajasthan Excise (General)|
|Rajasthan Excise (Preventive Force)|
Download Entri for RPSC RAS 2021 study materials
RPSC RAS 2021: Eligibility Criteria
As per the official notification, the eligibility criteria for the RAS exam are:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Should be Domicile of Rajasthan (for claiming reservation benefits)
- The candidate’s age must be in between 21 – 40 years for Gazetted posts and 25 – 45 years for non-gazetted posts. Candidates eligible for age relaxation can avail the same as per the State Govt. rules and policy.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
- There is no limit to the number of attempts.
RPSC RAS 2021: Application Procedure
The candidates interested in applying for RAS can submit their application through an online medium once the notification is released.
- To apply online, the candidates are supposed to read the instructions and information regarding the exam then only start your application steps.
- Candidates have to visit the “Recruitment Portal” on the official website.
- Candidates can apply for the exams after completing the ‘One Time Registration
- An Application Id will be generated and the candidates can fill the application form step by step like personal details, educational qualification, documents uploading, and payment.
- The last step is payment.
The application fee for various categories are:
- General – Rs.350/-
- OBC – Rs.250/-
- SC/ST – Rs.50/-
The candidates can download their application forms for further reference. Candidates should regularly check the official website for the latest RPSC news.
Attempt mock tests on Entri and ace your exam preparation
RPSC RAS 2021: Exam Pattern
The RAS exam pattern is modeled from the UPSC Indian Administrative Service exam. The RAS exam comprises three stages:
- Interview/Personality Test
RAS Prelims Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The first stage is the RAS Preliminary Exam, which comprises only one paper for 200 marks. There are 150 Multiple Choice Questions in the paper and the time duration is 3 hours.
RPSC RAS Preliminary Exam Subject
|RPSC RAS Preliminary Exam Marks||RPSC RAS Preliminary Exam Time|
|General Knowledge||200 marks||
The RAS syllabus for Prelims’ questions consists of major areas like History, Geography, Polity, economics, and Current Affairs related to India and Rajasthan in particular.
RPSC syllabus for the prelims exam is a mixture of all the important topics from the general studies syllabus in general. The candidates need to focus on Rajasthan’s topics as there are several questions related to the state-level issues.
History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System. Socio-cultural Issues.
- Freedom Movement, Political Awakening and Integration
- Salient features of Architecture –Forts, and Monuments
- Arts, Painting, and Handicrafts.
- Important Works of Rajasthani literature. Local Dialects
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music, and Folk Dances.
- Rajasthani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
- Religious Movements, Saints & Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
- Important Tourist Places.
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
Indian History Ancient & Medieval Period
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Art, Culture, Literature, and Architecture.
- Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent Movements.
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)-significant events, personalities, and issues.
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement-its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
- Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country
Geography of World and India World Geography
- Broad Physical features.
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
- International Waterways.
- Major Industrial Regions.
Geography of India
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Agriculture and Agro-based Activities.
- Minerals –Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
- Major Industries and Industrial development.
- Transportation–major transport corridors.
- Natural Resources.
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues.
Geography of Rajasthan
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Natural Resource of Rajasthan
- Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife and Bio-diversity
- Major irrigation projects.
- Mines and Minerals.
- Major Industries and Potential for Industrial Development.
Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution
- Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly,
- Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions,
- Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
Indian Political System and Governance
- Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, National Integration.
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary.
- President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission, Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj.
Public Policy & Rights
- National Public Policy as a welfare state.
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukta, State Election Commission, State Information Commission.
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- Basic Concepts of Economics
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
- Accounting-Concept, Tools, and Uses in Administration
- Stock Exchange and Share Market
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System
- Inflation-Concept, Impact, and Control Mechanism
Economic Development & Planning
- 5 Year Plans -Objectives, Strategies, and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy-Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade-Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization. Human Resource and Economic Development:-
- Human Development Index
Poverty and Unemployment
- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies, and Current Flagship Schemes. Social Justice and Empowerment:-Provisions for Weaker Sections.
Economy of Rajasthan
- A macro overview of the Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial, and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development, and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
Programs and Schemes-Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Labourers
Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science.
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defense Technology
- The human body, Food, and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and their Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology, and Genetic Engineering.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan. Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan. Reasoning & Mental Ability, Logical
- Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action.
Analytical Reasoning. Mental Ability
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub-sections.
- Basic Numeracy
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio, and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
- Major Current Events and Issues of State (Rajasthan), National and International Importance
- Persons and Places in recent news
- Games and Sports related Activities
RAS Mains Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The candidates who clear the Prelims will be selected for the Mains examination. And it comprises four papers like General Studies 1, 2, 3, and General Hindi and General English. Each paper has 200 marks and a total of 800 marks for four papers in the Mains. Check out the exam pattern and syllabus of the Mains exam.
|Paper I||General Studies – I||200||3 hours|
|Paper-II||General Studies – II||200||3 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies – III||200||3 hours|
|Paper IV||General Hindi and General English||200||3 hours|
Paper 1: General Studies and General Knowledge
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan, Indian History & Culture, History of Modern World(up to 1950 AD)
- Economics, Indian Economy, World Economy, Economy of Rajasthan
- Sociology, Management & Accounting & Auditing
Download the Entri app to ace your RAS 2021 Exam Preparation now!
Paper 2: General Studies and General Knowledge
- Business Ethics
- General Science & Technology
- Earth Science (Geography & Geology), World, India, Rajasthan
Paper 3: General Studies and General Knowledge
- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Sports & yoga, Behaviour, and Law
Paper 4: General Studies and General Knowledge
- Knowledge of Language (Hindi – 120 Marks and English – 80 Marks)
- Grammar & Usage
- Comprehension, Translation & Precise Writing
- Composition & Letter Writing
After the Mains exam, there comes the Personality Test. It is conducted by the RPSC panel and is for 100 marks. The interview aims to check the candidate’s knowledge in administration and career.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.
Discussion about this post