Table of Contents
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has released official notification regarding 53 vacancies in various posts. Under the Rajasthan Ground Water Department, there are vacancies for the posts of Junior Geophysicist and Junior Hydrogeologist and under the Rajasthan Ground Water Subordinate Service Rules there are vacancies for the posts of Chemical Assistants and Technical Assistants. All applications should be submitted through the official website of RPSC. Applications can be submitted from 3 February, 2022 to 2 March, 2022.
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Recruitment Overview
|Name of recruiting organization||Rajasthan Public Service Commission|
|Vacant posts||Junior Geophysicist
|Number of vacancies||53|
|Start date for online application||3 February, 2022|
|Last date for online application||2 March, 2022.|
|Mode of application||Online|
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Vacancies
There are a total of 53 vacancies for four posts. The post wise vacancy is given in the table below.
|Name of Post||Number of vacancies|
|Junior Geo Physicist||5|
|Junior Ground Hydrologist||8|
|Technical Assistant (Chemical)||4|
|Technical Assistant (Ground Hydrology)||36|
RPSC has announced category wise reservations for each post. Have a look at the table for a detailed picture.
|Name of Post||Category wise reservation|
|Junior Geo Physicist||2||1||1||0||0||1||0|
|Junior Ground Hydrologist||5||1||0||0||1||1||1|
|Technical Assistant (Chemical)||1||1||1||0||0||1||0|
|Technical Assistant (Ground Hydrology)||16||5||4||7||1||3||4|
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria
RPSC urges all the candidates to go through the official notification before applying for the vacancy. All applications that do not meet the criteria are bound to be rejected. This will lead to the loss of application fee as well. In order to avoid all these, candidates should ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid down by RPSC.
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Educational Qualification
According to RPSC, the educational requirements for each post are as follows:
Junior Geo Physicist – M.Sc. Geophysics or M. Tech. (Electronics) from a University or Institution established by law in India and two years experience of handling geophysical equipment.
Junior Ground Hydrologist – M.Sc./ M. Tech./ M.Sc.(Tech.) in Geology or Applied Geology from a University established by law in India, or Diploma in Applied Geology from Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
Technical Assistant (Chemical) – M.Sc. in Chemistry
Technical Assistant (Ground Hydrology) – M.Sc./ M. Tech./ M.Sc.(Tech.) in Geology or Applied Geology from a University established by law in India, or Diploma in Applied Geology from Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.
Apart from the above, all applicants should have a working knowledge of Hindi written in Devnagri Script and knowledge of Rajasthani Culture.
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Age Limit
Applicants should be in the age limit of 20 to 40 years as on 1 January, 2023. Relaxations are applicable for reserved categories. The permitted relaxation on the upper age limit category wise is as follows:
- Male candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), More Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of Rajasthan State – 5 years
- Women candidates belonging to general category – 5 years
- Women candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes(ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), More Backward Classes and Economically Weaker Sections (E.W.S.) of Rajasthan State – 10 years
- Widow and divorcee women – no upper age limit
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Application Fee
There is an application fee for the online submission of forms. The category wise application fee is as follows:
General category and Other Backward Class (OBC) / very backward class of Rajasthan’s creamy layer category – Rs. 350
Other Backward Class / Extremely Backward Classes and EWS of Rajasthan’s non creamy layer – Rs. 250
Disabled, SC, ST of Rajasthan and whose family income is less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs – Rs. 150
SC / ST of TSP are and Saharia tribals of all tehsils of Baran district – Rs 150
All candidates from other states irrespective of their class will be considered as general category.
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Application Process
The candidates are advised to go through the official notification in detail before applying for the vacancy. Follow the steps given below to apply for the desired posts:
- Candidates will have to do One Time Registration (OTR) by logging into the portal https://sso.rajasthan.gov.in and selecting Citizen Lab Recruitment Portal.
- Then visit the official website of RPSC – rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in and enter all the required details.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee. Fee once paid will not be refunded.
- Submit the form and the applicant will receive an Application ID.
- Take a print out of the application form and the fee receipt.
- In case of any corrections, applicants will have to pay a fee of Rs. 500.
- Candidates should give a valid mobile number and email id. All communications will be done through the details given during the time of registration.
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Selection Process
The recruitment of candidates by RPSC will be done through interview. If there is a large number of applications, then the commission will reduce it to an extent by conducting a scrutiny test. The date and venue for the test will be updated by the commission.
The scrutiny test will be a multiple choice exam. The syllabus for the exam will be released soon by the commission through the official website.
RPSC Recruitment 2022 Salary
The pay Matrix level for the posts of Junior Geo Physicist and Junior Ground Hydrologist will be according to L-14 and the pay Matrix level for the posts of Technical Assistant (Chemical) and Technical Assistant (Ground Hydrology) will be according to L-11. During the probation period, they will be paid a fixed salary.