Table of Contents
The Securities and Exchange Board of India which is generally known as SEBI is an autonomous organization that works under the overall administrative supervision of the Union Finance Ministry. It is accountable to the Parliament. The exam notifications will be released on the official website. The goal of the exam is to select eligible graduates to grab this golden opportunity. The interested and eligible candidates are expected to fill their online application form through an online portal which will be released by the official website. The candidates are expected to follow up with all the latest updates regarding the various aspects of the examination.
Insights of SEBI Grade A Exam
- In this competitive era, it is not about mere survival it is about being better of than the others.
- The SEBI is one of the most prestigious and important exams conducted across the nation.
- The candidate must be aware of the fact that books are an enriched source of knowledge.
- It is given that the candidates look for the best books for different subjects of the examination.
- There are many candidates who tend to start a project with zeal but end up without finishing it off.
- It is time to start preparing for the exam as only reading it all won’t work.
- The SEBI this time has changed the exam pattern and with the introduction of many new topics.
- It has become difficult for many aspirants to crack, especially those candidates who are from a different background than banking
Best Books for SEBI Grade A Exam
- Many of the candidates consume a lot of time to figure out the finest strategy for the SEBI Grade A exam.
- According to the previous year’s question paper, most of the questions were based on figures, facts, numbers, and percentages.
- Important conclusions drawn from the previous year’s analysis are as follows:
- Economic Survey of India
- Union Budget
- The Hindu Newspaper.
- Choosing and having the right book is the best way to prepare for the exam besides study material and mock tests.
- The candidate must choose the books that can help clear the basics and contain a detailed solution and explanation of the question.
- Listed below are the best books that will help the candidate crack the SEBI Grade A exam.
Economics and Social Issues
- The Union Budget & Economic Survey.
- NCERT Text Books
- Indian Economy written by Ramesh Singh, Uma Kapila, Mishra, Puri, Datta and Sundaram
Finance and Management
- IGNOU Notes for Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Behavior compiled by S P Robbins
- The Principles of Management compiled by Harold Koontz
- Indian Financial System compiled by Bharti V Pathak
- Financial Management compiled by Prasanna Chandra Principles and Practices of Management
- Refer to the author RP Rastogi for best book in Financial Management;
- Refer to works by L.M. Bhole for financial Institutions and market
- For Corporate Accounting refer to Naseem Ahmed (Selective Reading)
- Accounting Standards refer to D.S. Rawat
- For Cost Accounting Theory and Problems refer to Maheshwari & Mittal.
Best Books for SEBI Grade A Exam – Topic Wise
|SI No||Important Topics||Books for Preparation|
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations R. S Agarwal (S. Chand Publication)
Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma (TMH Publication)
Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra (BSC Publication)
Quantum Cat by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
|2||Reasoning Ability||A modern approach to verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
(Verbal Reasoning – Blood Relations, Coding-decoding, Input-Output, Critical Reasoning (Statement-Assumption, Strong & Weak
Arguments, Courses of Action), Direction Sense)Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
(Analytical Reasoning – Seating Arrangements, Grouping, Selection, etc.)A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal
by BS Sijwali, Indu SijwaliHow to Crack Test of Reasoning: In All Competitive Exam (English) by Arihant Publication
|3||English Language||High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant Publication)
Mirror of Common Errors
Use vocabulry.com in order to increase your vocabulary.
|4||General Awareness ( Current Affairs and Banking & Financial Awareness)||Banking Awareness Handbook of Banking Information by N.S.Toor
Banking Awareness by Arihant Publication
Static GK General Knowledge by Arihant
Lucent General Knowledge
I hope this article was helpful. If you are an aspirant and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. We will assist you with content and insights related to the examination. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Focus on the good and work hard. Good luck