Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Forest Guard notification has been released by the Forest Department. A total of 320 vacancies are notified for the post of TN Forest Guard and Forest Guard with Driving Licence. The exam date for the exam will be notified shortly. The online application can be made through the official website. Aspirants can start their preparations for the exam. Check exam pattern and practice the previous year question papers.
TN Forest Guard: Exam Pattern
- The exam is having a single paper, that is, General Knowledge for 150 marks.
- The duration of the exam will be two hours.
- The question papers will be set in both English and Tamil languages.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection of candidates for BCs, BCMs, MBCs/DTs, SCs, SC(A)s and STs categories is 30%.
- And, for all other categories is 40%.
- The exam will online mode.
- The candidates scoring above the cut-off marks will be selected for Document Verification, Physical Standards Verification and Endurance Test in 1:3 ratio for final Selection
- Nature of Universe
- General Scientific laws
- Inventions and discoveries
- National scientific laboratories
- Mechanics and properties of matter
- Physical quantities, standards, and units
- Force, motion and energy
- Electricity and Electronics
- Heat, Light, and Sound.
- Elements and Compounds
- Acids, bases, and salts
- Fertilizers, Pesticides, Insecticides
- Main Concepts of life science
- Classification of the living organism
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Blood and blood circulation
- Reproductive system
- Health and Hygiene
- Human diseases, prevention, and remedies
- Animals, plants and human life.
- Latest diary of events including National
- National symbols
- Profile of States
- Eminent persons and places in the news
- Sports and games
- Books and author‘s
- Awards and honors
- India and its neighbors.
- Problems in the conduct of public elections
- Political parties and political system in India
- Public awareness and General administration
- Welfare oriented Government schemes and their utility
- Geographical landmarks
- Earth and Universe
- Solar system
- Monsoon, Rainfall, Weather and Climate
- Water resources
- Rivers in India
- Soil, minerals and natural resources
- Forest and wildlife
- Agricultural pattern
- Transport and communication
- Social geography
- Population‐ density and distribution
- Natural calamities
- Disaster Management.
- Current socio‐economic problems.
- Latest inventions on science and technology
History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas
- Age of Vijayanagaram and the Bahmanis
- South Indian history‐ Culture and Heritage of Tamil people
- India since independence
- Characteristics of Indian culture
- Unity in diversity – race, color, language, custom
- India as a secular state
- Growth of rationalist
- Dravidian movement in TN
- Political parties and popular schemes.
- Constitution of India
- The preamble to the Constitution
- Salient features of the Constitution
- Union, State, and Territory
- Citizenship‐rights and duties
- Fundamental rights
- Fundamental duties
- Human rights charter
- Union legislature
- State executive
- State Legislature assembly
- Local government
- Panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu
- Judiciary in India
- Rule of law/Due process of law
- Official language and Schedule‐VIII
- .Corruption in public life
- Anti‐corruption measures
- Lok Adalats
- Right to information
- Empowerment of women
- Consumer protection forms
- Nature of the Indian economy
- Five‐year plan models‐an assessment
- Land reforms and agriculture
- Application of science in agriculture
- Industrial growth
- Rural welfare-oriented programmers
Social sector problems
Population, Education, Health, Employment, Poverty‐Economic trends in Tamil Nadu
Indian National Movement
- National renaissance
- The emergence of national leaders‐Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle- Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others
Aptitude AND Mental Ability Tests
- Conversion of information to data
- Collection, compilation, and presentation of data
- Tables, graphs, diagrams
- Parametric representation of data
- Analytical interpretation of data
- Highest Common Factor(HCF)
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest
- Compound interest
- Time and Work
- Logical Reasoning‐Puzzles
- Visual Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Reasoning
- Number Series.
TN Forest Guard: Previous Year Question paper
All the aspirants should try to solve the previous year’s question papers while preparing for any government exam. So that the candidates can understand the question pattern, repeated questions, areas covered from the syllabus. Subscribe to Entri for more related previous year question papers for Forest Guard post.