Table of Contents
Tamil Nadu Forest Uniformed Services Recruitment Committee (TNFUSRC) has released the new notification for the recruitment of candidates to the posts of Forest Guard and Forest Guard with Driving Licence. The notification for the same was released on 30th November 2019. The online application window will be opened tentatively in January 2020. Let us check the TN Forest Guard cut off marks 2018. So that the applicants can start preparations accordingly.
TN Forest Guard: Important Dates (Tentative)
- Date of Notification: 30.11.2019
- Commencement of Online Application: Third week of January 2020
- Last date for submission of Online Application: First week of February 2020
- Date of Online Computer-based Examination: March 2020
TN Forest Guard: Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility requirements for the TNFUSRC 2020 exam before submitting the TNFUSRC 2020 application.
|Category of Candidates||Minimum age (should have completed)||
Maximum age (should not have completed)
|1||General||21 Years||30 Years|
|2||SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DTs, BCs and BCMs and DWs of all Castes||21 Years||35 Years|
|3||Ex-servicemen (For Forest Guard and Forest Guard with Driving Licence)||21 Years||30 Years (after deducting the period of his service in such service )|
SC – Scheduled Caste, SC(A)- Scheduled Caste Arunthathiyar, ST- Scheduled Tribe, BCM – Backward Class Muslim, MBC/DT – Most Backward Class/Denotified Tribes
Note: Applicants should possess the following educational qualification on the date of notification.
A pass in Higher Secondary Course with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology or Botany as one of the subject.
For the post of Forest Guard with Driving Licence the following criteria are also to be fulfilled:
- They should possess a valid driving license issued by the competent Transport Authority.
- Must possess a certificate from a reputed firm or company to the effect that the candidate has experience in driving Light motor vehicles / Heavy Motor Vehicles for not less than three years after getting the driving license.
- Basic knowledge about the general mechanism of automobiles is necessary.
- The first-aid certificate issued by the recognized organization in Tamil Nadu.
- Also, must be certified to possess the visual standard specified below without glasses.
Physical Standards Verification And Endurance Test
The candidates should possess certain minimum physical standards:
|Category||Height (cm)||Minimum height standards Scheduled Tribes and Jungle Tribes||Normal||Expansion|
|Male||163||152||79 (round the chest) on full expiration||05 (on full inspiration)|
|Female and Third gender||150||145||74 (round the chest) on full expiration||05 (on full inspiration)|
A certificate containing the particulars about Height in Cms and Chest Measurement( On full inspiration, On full expiration, Difference (Expansion)) should be obtained from a Medical Officer, above the rank of an Assistant Surgeon appointed by the Government to Government Medical Institution on or after the date of Notification and submit the documents when called for by the TNFUSRC.
Moreover, all applicants will be required to undergo a Physical Endurance test consisting of a walkover 25 km and 16 km to be completed in four hours by male and female / third gender candidates respectively which will be conducted by the TNFUSRC.
This Level 5 post has a pay scale of Rs. 18,200/- to Rs.57,900/.
- Forest Guard- 227
- Forest Guard with Driving Licence – 93( Including 91 carried forward vacancies)
- For SC/ST candidates: Rs.150/- + applicable service charges
- For all other categories: Rs.300/- + applicable service charges
- Online mode of payment will only be accepted.
Exam Pattern and Selection Procedure
- Online Examination- Two hours test on General Knowledge. The maximum marks will be 150.
- The minimum qualifying marks for BCs, BCMs, MBCs/DTs, SCs, SC(A)s, and STs is 30%. And for others will be 40%.
- Document Verification
- Physical Standards Verification and Endurance Test
TN Forest Guard cut off
Aspirants should know about the previous cut off scores, before preparation. This will give an idea about the exam analysis.
The Communal Reservation wise Final cut off marks (in percentage) for the post of Forest Guard:
|General||PSTM||Women||WPSTM||ExServicemen||Ex PSTM||DW||DW PSTM|
The Communal Reservation wise Final cut off marks (in percentage) for the post of Forest Guard with Driving License:
#– No eligible candidate available. Therefore candidate(s) have been taken from the next suitable category.
* – No eligible candidate available.
So, these are the category wise TN Forest Guard cut off details. Aspirants can start their preparations. Entri will help you with daily current affairs, topic wise classes and a large number of mock tests. Practice mock tests and compare with these cut off marks and make necessary improvements in your preparation strategies.