Table of Contents
Current affairs is one of the most significant topics for all competitive exams. Hence it is extremely important that all the government exam aspirants gather up-to-date information regarding daily current affairs. Awareness of the daily happenings around the world is mandatory for every citizen. In order to attempt the current affairs section for the competitive exams candidates should make reading newspapers every day a habit. In this article, we are providing you TNPSC Current Affairs 2021. This will help all the aspirants eyeing the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission examinations score better.
TNPSC Current Affairs 2021 – Top Current Affairs
Given below is the list of TNPSC Current Affairs 2021 which will be beneficial for all the aspirants preparing for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission examination.
Arvind Kajreval, Chief Minister Of Delhi will inaugurate the first Smog Tower in India. The location of Smog Tower is at Baba Karak Singh Marg, Connaught Palace
- Smog tower will clean 1000 cubic centimeters of air every second.
China National legislature has formally endorsed the three child policy
- In order to prevent a steep decline in birth rates in China, they have introduced a three-child policy. This is a major policy shift.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman launches ‘Ubharte Sitare’ fund
- Finance minister is all set to launch the ‘Ubharte Sitare’ fund. This will mainly be for export firms and start-ups. The launch will be done in Lucknow. The fund will be a combination of debt, technical assistance, and structured support for companies in India.
- This program will likely identify Indian companies that are capable enough to be in the domestic arena and meet global demands.
DRDO’s Advanced Chaff Technology
- The Defence Research and Development Organization has developed a new technology. This is in order to safeguard IAF fighter jets from missiles of enemies Name of this new and advanced technology is known as chaff technology.
- Chaff is a counter-measure technology (electronic). The technology is used by militaries across the world.
- This protects fighter jets of the Indian Air force from radars, RF guiding mechanisms of enemy missiles.
Delhi Chandigarh highway first EV friendly highway in India
- Delhi-Chandigarh highway is the first electronic vehicle charging-friendly highway in the country. The highway has a cluster of solar-based electronic vehicle charging stations.
- Credit for setting up the charging stations is for Bharath Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
Sri Vagai Chandrashekar new president of Tamil Nadu music, science and drama council
- Actor and the former MLA is the new chairman of the Tamil Nadu drama, science, and music council.
- He is also the recipient of various prestigious awards. Two of the awards that he has received include the Kalaimamani award in 1991 and the best actor award in 2003.
Chances of getting India’s first woman Chief Justice
- Chief Justice Of India NV Ramana recommends nine names including names of three women to appoint as judges in top courts
- Recommended names of the judges are Justice Hima Kohli of Telangana HC, Justice Bela M Trivedi of Gujarat HC, and Justice BV Nagaratna of Karnataka HC.
Afghanistan gets its new President
- Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar is the new president of Afghanistan
- The country receives its new name, Islamic Emirate Of Afghanistan
- White flag embossed with shahadah reintroduced
Colorado River Basin water shortage in the United States Of America
- As a result of the historic drought federal government of the United States announces the water shortage for the first time.
- The river basin has been experiencing drought for 21 years now
- Lake Powell and lake mead are the two reservoirs. The rivers are fed by snow melts from Wasatch and rocky mountains
Banks enter swaption deals
- Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Bank(ICICI) cuts swaption deals with HSBC and standard charted banks.
- This could help local borrowers and investors. Guidelines for swaption deals were introduced by RBI in the year 2019.
Radhakrishnan Damani bags in name in the billionaire’s Index
- The rank of Radhakrishnan Damani is 98 on the list
- He is the promoter of Dmart supermarkets
- Damani has managed to make it to the top 100 of the Bloomberg billionaire index
World Mosquito Day
- August 20 is observed as World mosquito day to raise awareness against diseases like malaria and preventive measures to be taken.
- The aim of this day is to reach the zero malaria target
Renewable Energy Day
- Also known as Aksha Urja Diwas
- This day is observed on 20th August every year. Idea of this day is for raising awareness on the development and adoption of renewable energy sources in India.
- The day also marks the birthday of India’s former Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi
We hope this article on TNPSC Current Affairs 2021 was beneficial. Practice daily current affairs and general knowledge rank booster quizzes with entri. Also, visit our youtube channel and learn from top experts to prepare for your government competitive exams.