Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) will release the recruitment notification for the post of Village Administrative Officer (VAO) 2020. We can expect the notification in the upcoming month. VAO job position comes under the Group IV services of the TNPSC. The applications are invited only through online mode, after the official advice of recruitment. In 2019, TNPSC has announced 397 vacancies for VAO position, it is expected to fill up 608 vacancies this year. This article gives on overview of TNPSC VAO Notification 2020 – Apply Online, Vacancy, Eligibility Criteria, etc.
TNPSC VAO Recruitment 2020
|Exam Conducting Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Name of the Post||Village Administrative Officer (VAO)|
|Total Vacancies||608 (probably)|
|Selection Process||Written Exam and Interview|
|Job Location||Across Tamil Nadu|
TNPSC VAO Notification 2020
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission selects efficient and appropriate candidate to the position of Village Administrative Officer in Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post through One Time Registration in the TNPSC website. A Village Administrative Officer is the administrative head of the Village, with the main duty like Maintaining Land and Revenue Records, Village administration and Tax collection.
TNPSC VAO Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online
You can make use of following points to apply for the VAO 2020. The official portal for application submission will be open, once the official notification is released.
- The applicants should visit the official website of TNPSC.
- Register yourself in TNPSC through One Time Registration (OTR), once you have created a profile; you can use it 5 years from the date of Registration.
- Applicant should register only once in the One Time Registration by paying Rs.150/- as Registration fee.
- The applicants should have scanned image of their photograph, certificate, photo, certificate and signature.
Applicants are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications.
- The candidates should create a new dashboard with the User ID and password obtained.
- Now the candidates can apply to any post using this User ID and password.
Steps to Apply for TNPSC VAO 2020
- Go to the TNPSC website, www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Go through the OTR process and obtain your User ID and password
- Candidates can then select the post for which they want to apply, here VAO.
- Fill the application form with your details, qualification, etc. and upload the scanned copies of documents wherever necessary
- Preview and verify the information submitted and then click on submit
- You’ll then be directed to the payment gateway where you will have to pay the examination fees. You can do this by using your debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Candidates can then download and save the application form in the pdf format and take a printout for future use.
Prerequisites for Online Application
- Valid Email ID and Mobile number
- Scanned image of recent passport size photo in JPEG/JPG format; size of file should be between 20 kb and 50 kb.
- Scanned image of signature in JPEG/JPG format; size of file should be between 10 kb and 20 kb (signature in capital letters will not be accepted).
TNPSC VAO Recruitment 2020 Application Fee
- One time registration (OTR) requires the candidates to pay a fee of Rs. 150/-.
- The examination fee is Rs. 100/- to apply for any post.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST, Differently Abled and Destitute Widows, BC, and Ex-Servicemen are fully exempted from the fees.
Selection Process for TNPSC VAO Recruitment 2020
The selection process of TNPSC VAO 2020 will be through three stages like Written examination, Personal Interview and Document Verification. The TNPSC VAO Exam 2020 consists of Objective Type multiple choice questions, which has 3 sections like:
- General Studies
- Aptitude and Mental Ability Test
- General Tamil/ General English
TNPSC VAO 2020 Vacancy
It is expected that this year TNPSC VAO recruitment will be conducted for about 608 and they will be appointed in the Tamil Nadu Government administrative offices located across the state of Tamil Nadu. More over, the exact number of vacancies will be disclosed by TNPSC after releasing VAO 2020 official notification.
|Categories||Number of Vacancies|
TNPSC VAO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants who were admired to apply for TNPSC VAO (Group 4) should satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
- An applicant should be a citizen of India,
- a subject of Bhutan or Nepal,
- a person who is permanently living in India,
- a Tibetan refugee who is permanently living in India before the 01 Jan 1962.
As on 01 July 2020, candidate should be 21 years old but not have attained an age of 30 years.
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs of all castes||21 – 40 years|
|Others||21 – 30 years|
- SCs- Scheduled Castes
- SC(A)s- Scheduled Castes (Arunthathiyars)
- STs- Scheduled Tribes
- MBCs/DCs- Most Backward classes/ Denotified Communities
- BCs- Backward classes (other than Muslim)
- BCMs- Backward Classes (Muslim)
|Differently Abled Persons||10 years|
|Ex-servicemen of SCs, SC(A)s, STs,
MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs
|Upper age limit is 53 Years|
|Ex-servicemen of others OR not belonging to to SCs, SC(A)s, STs,
MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs
|Upper age limit is 48 Years|
Educational Qualifications (As on 01 July 2020)
- The candidates must have passed S.S.L.C Public Examination or its equivalent with eligibility for admission to College Courses of studies OR to Higher Secondary Courses of Studies.
- They must also possess enough knowledge of Tamil.
Download Entri app and attempt free mock tests of TNPSC, KPSC, TSPSC, UPSC, Bank exams, etc. Entri wishes good luck to all aspirants!