The The Tamilnadu Uniformed Service Recruitment Board(TNUSRB) was constituted to select suitable candidates in the state police service, fire, and safety department and in the prisons. The TNUSRB had invited applications from the eligible candidates to fill nearly 8826 vacant positions in GR. II POLICE CONSTABLES, GR.II JAIL WARDERS, FIREMEN categories. For applying towards the TNUSRB Police Constable Eligibility Criteria 2019 is Matriculation in education and below 24 years as of July 2019. The selected candidates will get their salary in the range of Rs. 18200 – Rs. 52900 including various allowances.
TNUSRB Police Constable Eligibility Criteria – Age
- General – 18 – 24 years(Candidates should have born between (July 01, 1995 and July 01 2007)
- BC/ BC (M)/ MBC/ DNC – 18 – 26 years
- SC/ SC (A)/ ST – 18 to 29 years
- Destitute Widows – 18 to 35 years
- Ex-Servicemen, CPMFA, person serving armed forces – up to 45 years
Age limit as on July 01, 2019.
TNUSRB Police Constable Eligibility Criteria – Education
- Matriculation / SSLC from any recognized board of education on or before July 01, 2019
TNUSRB Police Constable 2019- Vacancy
- Total vacancies – 8599
- Grade II Police Constable – 5962 for Men and 2645 for both Female & Transgender candidates
- Jail Warden- 190 for men and 22 for women(total 212 vacancies)
- Fireman- 195
TNUSRB Police Constable Selection Process
The TNUSRB police constable applicants have to face four different stages of screening tests before the final selection. The different stages of selection are :
- Written Examination
- Physical Measurement Test
- Physical Endurance Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Document Verification
TNUSRB Police Constable 2019 – Physical Measurement Test
The successful candidates from Phase 01 written test have to go through a physical measurement test. The Physical Measurement test is of only qualifying nature. There will not be any physical measurement test for ex-personnel of central paramilitary force as well as departmental quota applicants. Before applying towards the TNUSRB Constable posts candidates must make sure that they are Physically capable and eligible. The Physical Measurement Tests(PMT) is mandatory for all the candidates.
For Male Candidates
Physical Measurement Test- Height
- General, BC, BC (M), MBC, DNC – 170 cms
- SC, SC (A), ST – 167 cm
Physical Measurement Test- Chest
- 81 to 86 cms with an expansion of 5 cms
For Female Candidates
Physical Measurement Test- Height
- General, BC, BC (M), MBC, DNC -159 cms
- SC, SC (A), ST – 157 cms
TNUSRB Police Constable – Physical Endurance Test
The successful candidates from the Physical Measurements Test will have to go through the physical endurance tests. TNUSRB will notify the selected candidates the date and time for the Physical Endurance Tests.
- Women- running 400 meters in 2 minutes 30 seconds
- Men- running 1500 meters in 7 minutes
- Ex-Servicemen – running 1500 meters in 8 minutes
Successful candidates from the Physical Endurance Test can attend the Physical Efficiency Test. Only the successful candidates from the Physical Efficiency Test will be called for the document verification and further appointment process.
The Stage 01 written test is scheduled for August 2019. The admit cards are yet to publish. Once the TNUSRB published the admit card candidates can download the same from the TNUSRB website.
For more details about the TNUSRB recruitment, interested candidates can visit here: TNUSRB Recruitment 2019For more details, interested candidates can check the official TNUSRB notification: TNUSRB Police Constable 2019
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your preparation with Entri.