Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from September 28 to October 04, 2020 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2020 September 28 to October 04
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week September 28 to October 04, 2020 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Sanju Win AIFF Player of the Year awards
- Indian men’s team goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and women’s squad’s mid-fielder Sanju were declared the winners of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) Footballer of the Year awards for the 2019-20 season.
- This is the first time Gurpreet has received the award, and in the process he became the second goalkeeper after Subrata Paul in 2009 to be named the AIFF Player of the Year.
- Gurpreet was elected as the winner on the basis of votes from Indian Super League and I-League club coaches.
- National women’s team mid-fielder Sanju was selected the winner after an excellent season. Ratanbala Devi won the 2019-20 Emerging Women’s Footballer of the Year Award.
India-Japan Maritime bilateral exercise ‘JIMEX’ begins
- Indian and Japanese navies to begin their three-day-long maritime military exercise beginin the North Arabian Sea.This is the fourth edition of Japan Maritime bilateral exercise (JIMEX).
- This would be the first military exercise after the two countries signed a landmark agreement recently that will allow their militaries to access each other’s bases for logistics support.
- The JIMEX is a series of exercises commenced in January 2012 with a special focus on maritime security cooperation.
- The last edition of JIMEX was conducted in October 2018 off Visakhapatnam coast.
First RRTS train for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor unveiled
- The government unveiled the first look of India’s first Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) train which can attain a top speed of 180 kilometres per hour and whose design is inspired by Delhi’s iconic Lotus Temple.
- It will run on the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor and reduce travel time between the two cities to about an hour.
- The new trains will accommodate around 900 passengers in the three-car train configuration for the Meerut local transit services.
- When configured into six-car trainsets for RRTS, the trains will be able to accommodate as many as 1,790 passengers.
World’s longest span concrete deck extra-dosed cable stayed bridge inaugurated in Hyderabad
- Union MoS for Home G Kishan Reddy and Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development KT Rama Rao inaugurated the World’s longest span concrete deck extra-dosed cable-stayed bridge at Durgam Cheruvu of Hyderabad.
- The bridge was constructed at the cost of Rs 184 crore and it was built by Larsen & Toubro.
- The cable-stayed bridge portion is 435 m long, including the approaches at both ends, 25.8 m wide with a total of 52 stay cables.
Senior IAS PD Vaghela appointed as new TRAI chairman
- Senior Indian Administrative Service Officer Dr P. D. Vaghela has been appointed as the Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India- TRAI.
- He will replace R.S. Sharma. Mr Vaghela will hold the post for a period of three years or until he attains the age of 65 years.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is a statutory body set up by the Government of India under section 3 of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997.
- It is the regulator of the telecommunications sector in India.
Usha Mangeshkar Honored with Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for 2020-21
- The Maharashtra government has honored veteran singer Usha Mangeshkar with the ”Gansamradni Lata Mangeshkar” award for 2020-21.
- Maharashtra state government is presenting this award since 1992 to felicitate senior vocal artistes and their contribution.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs five lakh and a citation.
- Usha Mangeshkar is the youngest sister of the legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar.
- She received the award on 28 September 2020, on the birth anniversary of Lata Mangeshkar, who has turned 91.
World’s First Asteroid Mining Robot will be Launched by China
- Origin Space, which is a private company, in Beijing, China is all ready to send out the world’s first asteroid mining robot into space in November 2020.
- The robot is named as ‘asteroid mining robot’ by the space start-up in China.
- A Chinese Long March series rocket will launch the asteroid mining robot into space.
- The mission will be a milestone for the space resources industry.
ISRO to launch its Venus Mission in 2025, France to take part
- ISRO is scheduled to launch its Venus mission in 2025 and France will participate in it.
- The VIRAL (Venus Infrared Atmospheric Gases Linker) instrument co-developed with the Russian federal space agency Roscosmos and the LATMOS atmospheres, environments and space observations laboratory attached to the French national scientific research centre CNRS has been selected by the ISRO after a request for proposals.
- CNES will coordinate and prepare the French contribution, the first time a French payload will be flown on an Indian exploration mission.
Kerala receives award from Union health minister for best state combating COVID-19
- Kerala received India Today’s award for the best state combating COVID-19.
- The ‘India Today Healthgiri’ award was announced and given by Union health minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
- The award was given considering the accuracy in granting and spending funds, the vigilance in bringing down the fatality rate, good healthcare, and the work of the state government.
Goldman Sachs And Fortune Global Women Leaders Award
- Rayana Edwards, the South African who started a project to empower women to recycle saris into internationally-acclaimed fashion garments, has been named as a joint winner of this year’s Goldman Sachs and Fortune Global Women Leaders award(USD 25,000).
- The other winner was Emma Dicks, founder of CodeSpace Academy, a coding school.
- The annual award is made possible through a partnership between the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women program and Fortune’s Most Powerful Women franchise, and is given each year to outstanding women from around the world who are working to empower others in their communities and countries.
South Eastern Railway launches ‘Operation My Saheli’ to ensure security of women passengers
- The South Eastern Railway zone of the Indian Railways has launched the ‘Operation My Saheli’ initiative to boost the security of women passengers in trains.
- Currently the Operation has been introduced as a pilo project in three trains since September 18.
- They are Howrah-Yeshvantpur Duronto Special, Howrah-Ahmedabad Special and Howrah-Mumbai Special.
- The project has been executed under the framework of the ‘Nirbhaya Fund’.
State’s first mega food park opens in Palakkad
- The State’s first mega food park began functioning in Kanjikode of Palakkad district.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and Union Minister for Agriculture and Food Processing Industries Narendra Singh Tomar jointly inaugurated the Kinfra Mega Food Park.
- The food park would provide several concessions to entrepreneurs.
- Apart from a Central grant and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) loan, 35% of the investment would be given as grant.
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat presents Swachh Bharat Awards 2020
- The Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and the Minister of State for Jal Shakti, Shri Rattan Lal Kataria virtually conferred the Swachh Bharat 2020 Awards to the best performing States/UTs, districts, blocks, GPs in various categories on 2nd October 2020.
The Swachh Bharat 2020 Awards were conferred under three categories which are:
- Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shauchalaya (SSSS) campaign
- Samudayik Shauchalaya Abhiyan (SSA)
- Gandagi Se Mukt (GMB) campaign
- Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shauchalaya (SSSS) campaign
- Best State – Gujarat
- Best District – Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu
- Best Block – Khachrod, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
- Best Gram Panchayat – Chinnaur, (Salem)
- Samudayik Shauchalaya Abhiyan (SSA)
- Best State – Uttar Pradesh (GKRA) and Gujarat (Non-GKRA) Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA)
- Best District – Prayagraj (GKRA) and Bareilly (Non-GKRA)
- Best Gram Panchayat – Borigaon, Bongaigaon, Assam
iii. Gandagi Se Mukt (GMB) campaign
- Best State – Telangana and Haryana
- Best District – Moga, Punjab
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for Kerala PSC Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post