Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from February 08 to 14, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 February 08 to 14
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week February 08 to 14, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Tiger reserves are now 51, a new frontier for forest tourism in front of Tamil Nadu
- The 51st Tiger reserves in the country at Meghamala on the Kerala-Tamil Nadu border.
- This forest area is a continuation of the Periyar Tiger Reserve in Kerala, Tamil Nadu.
- The new tiger reserves is a combination of Meghamala Wildlife Sanctuary and Srivilliputhur Chambalmalayannan Sanctuary.
- The forest department has identified the presence of 14 tigers in the area.
- The Meghamala-Srivilliputhur Tiger Reserve has paved the way for Tamil Nadu tourism in parallel to the Periyar.
Arjunan Master award for Sreekumaran Thampi
- Lyricist, script writer and director Sreekumaran Thampi has been selected for the first Arjunopaharam, the award instituted in the name of music director M K Arjunan Master.
- Sreekumaran Thampi has been selected for the award considering his contributions to Malayalam movie industry.
- The award committee included script writer Renji Paniker and lyricist R K Damodaran.
India’s First Thunderstorm Research Testbed to be established at Balasore in Odisha
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has announced to set up the first ‘Thunderstorm Research Testbed’ of the country at Odisha’s Balasore district.
- Objective : to minimalise human fatalities and loss of property due to lightning strikes.
- The facility will be established in a collaboration between the Ministry of Earth Sciences, IMD, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- Hamid Ansari Pens his memoir ‘By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections of a Life’
- The former vice president of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari has written a book titled ‘BY MANY A HAPPY ACCIDENT: Recollections of a Life’.
- The book narrates about the life and work of Mr. Ansari, from academia to professional diplomacy and then be co-opted in public life followed by acquiring the second highest office for two consecutive terms.
- M. Hamid Ansari was the vice president of India and chairman of the Rajya Sabha for two consecutive terms from 2007 to 2017.
Australia’s Robert Irwin wins Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2021
- Robert Irwin, an Australian wildlife photographer, has won the first prize in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year People’s Choice Award Contest.
- Robert won the award for the image titled ‘bushfire’, which is the picture of the devastating Australian Bushfire in 2020, he captured using a drone, near the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve in Cape York, Queensland.
- The image shows a line of fire burning in between the bushes, dividing it into parts.
Manasa Varanasi of Telangana crowned VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020
- Telangana-based Manasa Varanasi has been crowned as the winner of VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020.
- Manasa Varanasi was crowned by the winner of Miss India 2019, Suman Ratan Singh Rao from Rajasthan on 10 February 2021.
- The 23-year-old, will now represent India at the 70th Miss World pageant in December 2021.
- Other winners
- Manika Sheokand of Haryana – Miss Grand India 2020
- Manya Singh of Uttar Pradesh – Miss India 2020 runner-up
For the first time, ISRO tests satellites developed by private sector
- For the first time in its history, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has opened its UR Rao Satellite Centre in Bengaluru for testing satellites developed by the private sector.
- Two satellites, developed by the Indian startups SpaceKidz India and Pixxel (incorporated as Sygyzy) were tested at the UR Rao Satellite Centre.
- Isro also helped these two companies in fixing problems with the solar panels on their respective satellites.
Mario Draghi Sworn in as Prime Minister of Italy
- The former European Central Bank Chief Mario Draghi has been sworn in as the new Prime Minister of Italy on 12 February 2021.
- The 73-year-old had served as President of the European Central Bank from 2011 until 2019.
- He replaces Giuseppe Conte, who resigned recently after losing majority support from his coalition government over his handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post