Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from January 25 to 31, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 January 25 to 31
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week January 25 to 31, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
India’s First ‘Gender Park’ to be inaugurated in Kozhikode, Kerala
- The state government of Kerala will launch the first of its kind three-storeyed ‘Gender Park’ in Kozhikode, to promote gender equality and empowerment in the state.
- The overall cost of establishing the park is around Rs 300 crore. spread over 24 acre land.
- This new Gender Park will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan during the second edition of the International Conference on Gender Equality (ICGE-II), which will be held from February 11 to 13, 2021.
R S Sharma appointed as new CEO of Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has appointed RS Sharma as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of country’s flagship public health insurance scheme Ayushman Bharat, also called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- He would replace Indu Bhushan, who is serving as the Chief Executive of the Ayushman Scheme since its inception in 2018.
- RS Sharma, a former chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai), who would take charge of the NHA from February 1
BCCI Secretary Jay Shah takes over as President of Asian Cricket Council (ACC)
- Jay Shah, the incumbent Secretary of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has been appointed as the new President of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC).
- He replaces Nazmul Hussain, Chief of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) who was the previous chief of the ACC.
- Asian Cricket Council (ACC) headquarter – Colombo, Sri Lanka
Kaja Kallas sworn in as first woman Prime Minister of Estonia
- Kaja Kallas, the leader of the Reform Party in Estonia has been elected as the new Prime Minister of the country.
- Kallas is the first female prime minister of the country.
- With this, Estonia is currently the only country in the world where both the president (Kersti Kaljulaid) and the prime minister are women.
- Kallas succeeds Juri Ratas who resigned recently for being accused in a corruption scandal.
India Secures 86th Rank in Corruption Perception Index 2020; New Zealand and Denmark tops
- India has been ranked 86th among 180 countries in Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2020, released by Transparency International (Headquarter – Berlin, Germany) on 28 January 2021.
- This year, India’s rank has slipped six places compared to 2019, when it was ranked at 80th spot.
- The CPI score for India in 2020 is 40.
- Top Country: New Zealand and Denmark have jointly secured first position with scores of 88.
- Lowest Country: Somalia and South Sudan rank lowest at 179th position with scores of 12.
Ram Temple tableau of Uttar Pradesh on Republic Day wins first prize
- The Ram Temple tableau of Uttar Pradesh that was on display during the Republic Day 2021 has bagged the first prize among all tableaux.
- The tableau showcased Maharishi Valmiki composing the Ramayana, followed by a model replica of the Ram temple, that is being built in Ayodhya, that showed how it would look after its construction.
- The Tripura tableau won the second prize for the Republic Day parade.
- The third prize was received by Uttarakhand’s tableau which was themed around Kedarkhand.
List of Padma Awards Winners 2021
- The Padma Awards are one of the highest civilian Awards in India. They are conferred in three categories namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
- The awards are announced every year on the occasion of Republic Day on January 26.
- The 2021 Padma Award has been conferred upon 119 winners, which includes 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri Awards.
|1||Ms. Krishnan Nair Shantakumari Chithra||Art||Padma Bhushan|
|2||Shri Damodaran Kaithapram||Art||Padma Shri|
|3||Shri Madhavan Nambiar||Sports||Padma Shri|
|4||Shri K K Ramachandra Pulavar||Art||Padma Shri|
|5||Shri Balan Putheri||Literature and Education||Padma Shri|
|6||Dr. Dhananjay Diwakar Sagdeo||Medicine||Padma Shri|
Rajendra Kumar Bhandari and SEEDS wins Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2021
- The Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2021 has been conferred upon Dr. Rajendra Kumar Bhandari in Individual category and Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society (SEEDS) in Institutional category.
- The Government of India announces the award every year on January 23, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, to recognise and honour the invaluable contribution and selfless service rendered by individuals and organisations in India in the field of disaster management
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 51 lakh and a certificate for an institution and Rs 5 lakh and a certificate in case of an individual.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.