Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from March 15 to 21, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Attempt Daily Current Affairs Quiz for free! Download App!
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 March 15 to 21
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week March 15 to 21, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
Ajay Mathur takes over as Director General of International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- Dr Ajay Mathur has assumed office as the Director General of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) with effect from March 15, 2021.
- He has been appointed for a period of four years which can be renewed for an additional term.
- Dr Ajay Mathur has replaced Upendra Tripathy, who completed his term on March 15, after serving as the Director General since 2017.
M A Ganapathy appointed as Chief of National Security Guard
- Senior IPS officer M A Ganapathy has been appointed as the Director General (DG) of National Security Guard (NSG) on March 16, 2021.
- Ganapathy, a 1986 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of the Uttarakhand cadre, is currently Director General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).
- His appointment will be effective from the date of joining the post and up to February 29, 2024 i.e. date of his superannuation.
Samia Suluhu Hassan sworn in as Tanzania’s first woman President
- Samia Suluhu Hassan was sworn in as the sixth President of Tanzania on March 19, 2021, becoming the first female leader of the East African country.
- The 61-year-old Hassan assumed the presidency, following the death of previous President John Magfufuli, due to heart condition.
- Hassan will finish Magufuli’s second five-year term, which will run until 2025.
- Prior to taking charge as PM, Hassan was the Vice-President of Tanzania, also being the first female vice-president of the country, since November 2015.
India ranks 139 while Finland tops among 149 countries in World Happiness Report 2021
- India has been placed at 139th position out of 149 countries in the UN World Happiness Report 2021 released on March 19, 2021. In 2019, India was ranked 140th.
- The World Happiness Report 2021 has been topped by Finland, for the fourth consecutive year.
- The 2021 report is the ninth World Happiness Report and focuses on the effects of COVID-19 and how people all over the world have fared.
India’s Divyansh Panwar wins bronze in 10m Air Rifle at New Delhi ISSF World Cup 2021
- Indian shooter Divyansh Singh Panwar, the world No. 1 in the men’s 10m Air Rifle has won bronze in men’s 10m Air Rifle event at the ISSF World Cup 2021 in New Delhi.
- Also, the Indian team bagged the air rifle men’s team event with a cumulative score of 1885.9.
- The USA stood second with score of 1880.8 followed by South Korea with 1880.3.
- The International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup 2021 is being held at Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range in New Delhi from March 18, 2021. The event will end on March 29, 2021.
New Delhi Ranked as World’s most polluted capital city for third straight year
- New Delhi has been adjudged as the world’s most polluted capital city for the third straight year in the 2020 World Air Quality Report by Swiss organisation, IQAir.
- Globally, New Delhi is ranked as the 10th most polluted city in the world.
- The top most polluted city of the world is Xinjiang in China.
India’s first centralised AC railway terminal in Bengaluru to function soon
- India’s first centralised air-conditioned (AC) railway terminal has been built at Baiyappanahalli in Bengaluru.
- Named after ‘Bharat Ratna Sir M Visvesvaraya’ one of the foremost civil engineers, the AC railway terminal is set to become operational soon.
- It has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 314 crore.
Download Entri App and Start using Discussion Forum
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.
Discussion about this post