Current affairs is one of the inevitable and compulsive topic in almost every competitive examinations. It is inevitable for an aspirant to get updated on daily current affairs happening around the world. Daily newspaper reading and follow-ups are necessary for mastering these current affairs section. In this article, we have provided the top weekly current affairs from March 22 to 28, 2021 which will help all aspirants to improve scores in their competitive examination like PSC, SSC, RRB and Banking.
Top Current Affairs for all Competitive Exams 2021 March 22 to 28
Here are the list of top current affairs of the week March 22 to 28, 2021 which will be helpful for all competitive examinations like PSC, SSC, RRB, Banking etc.
India Placed at 56th Rank in Global Home Price Index Q4 2020, Turkey Tops
- India has slipped by 13 spots, to rank at 56th place in the ‘Global House Price Index Q4 2020’ released by property consultant Knight Frank.
- The country reported a decline of 3.6 percent year-on-year (YoY) in home prices, to finish last in the fourth and last quarter ending December 2020.
- India was the weakest-performing country in the fourth quarter of the fiscal 2020.
- The global house price index tracks the movement in the mainstream residential prices across 56 countries or territories using official data.
Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2020
- English – Yashica Dutt (Memoir þ Coming Out As Dalit)
- Hindi – Ankit Narwal (Criticism – UR Ananthamurthi Pratirodh Ka Vikalp)
Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2019 -Total Contribution – Malayath Appunni
The Sahitya Akademi was formally inaugurated by the Government of India on 12 March 1954.
In a first, transgender candidate to contest Kerala Assembly Polls
- Anannyah Kumari Alex, a 28-year-old is set to create history by becoming the first transgender person to contest an Assembly election in Kerala.
- Ms Anannyah has chosen to contest against Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) heavyweight PK Kunhalikutty in Vengara. The LDF candidate she is pitted against is P Jiji.
- A firm believer in the adage, “give someone an inch and they will take a yard,” Ms Anannyah has already made a mark for herself by becoming the first transgender radio-jockey and news anchor in Kerala.
Gandhi Peace Prize for 2019 and 2020 announced
- The Gandhi Peace Prize for the years 2019 and 2020 has been conferred on the following:
|2019||(Late) His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman||strengthening relations between India and Oman, and his efforts to promote peace and non-violence in the Gulf region|
|2020||Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman of Bangladesh||inspiring the liberation of Bangladesh, laying the foundation for the close and fraternal relations between India and Bangladesh, and promoting peace and non-violence in the Indian subcontinent|
67th National Film Awards Announced
- The winner of 67th National Film Awards was announced on 22 March 2021 in New Delhi to honour the best of Indian cinema in 2019.
- Most Film Friendly State Award – Sikkim
- Award for Best Book on Cinema – A Gandhian Affair: India’s Curious Portrayal of Love in Cinema, by Sanjay Suri
- Best Feature Film: Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea (Malayalam)
- Best Actor (shared): Manoj Bajpayee for Bhonsle (Hindi), and Dhanush for Asuran (Tamil)
- Best Actress: Kangana Ranaut for Panga (Hindi) and Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (Hindi)
- Best Director: Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan for Bahattar Hoorain (Hindi)
- Best Non-Feature Film: An Engineered Dream (Hindi)
- Best Hindi Film: Chhichhore
- Best Cinematography: Jallikattu (Malayalam), Gireesh Gangadharan
- Best Film on Family Values: Oru Paathira Swapnam Pole (Malayalam)
Best Feature Film in each of the language specified in the Schedule VIII of the Constitution
- Best Malayalam Film: Kalla Nottam
- Special Mentions: Biriyani (Malayalam)
Centre launches ‘Gram Ujala Scheme’ to offer LED bulbs at Rs 10/piece in rural areas
- The Government of India has launched an ambitious scheme called “Gram Ujala” under which high quality energy efficient LED bulbs will be given for just Rs 10 per piece in rural areas.
- This scheme is in line with the government’s climate change strategy and further strengthening its self-reliance credentials.
- The scheme will be implemented in a phased manner. In the first phase, 15 million LED bulbs will be distributed across certain villages of 5 states.
- These include: Arrah (Bihar), Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh), Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh), Nagpur (Maharashtra), and western Gujarat.
Bihar becomes first state to have Ethanol Promotion Policy
- Bihar has become the first state of the country to have its own ethanol policy called Ethanol Production Promotion Policy, 2021.
- The Policy was approved by the Central government in December 2020 in consonance with National Policy of Biofuels, 2018 and subsequently by National Biofuel Co-ordination Committee.
- The ethanol promotion policy would pave the way for making Bihar an ethanol hub and investors’ coveted destination.
- The policy would allow investors to directly make ethanol from maize, molasses, broken rice and rotten grains, which was restricted to sugarcane till now.
World’s first Ship tunnel to be built in Norway
- The Norwegian Coastal Administration has received the green signal to start working on the construction of the world’s first tunnel, being built exclusively for ships.
- The tunnel is dubbed as “Stad Ship Tunnel” and would be built under the mountainous Stadhavet peninsula in northwestern Norway.
- The 1.7 km tunnel will be able to handle ships of up to 16,000 tonnes and give ships a safer passage through the treacherous Stadhavet Sea.
‘Girl Gang’ announced official song of ICC Women’s World Cup 2022
- The ‘Girl Gang’ is the official track song for 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup, as per the information by International Cricket Council (ICC).
- The song is presented by New Zealand singer Gin Wigmore.
- The 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup tournament is scheduled to be held in New Zealand from March 4 to April 3, 2022.
- Earlier the tournament was scheduled to be held from February 6 to March 7, 2021, but was postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Hope you have benefited from this article. To practice daily current affairs quiz, try Entri Daily Rank Booster which will provide free GK current affairs quiz on a daily basis. Also, visit our YouTube channel Entri TV. Ace your preparation for competitive Examination with Entri.