Tripura Public Service Commission has earlier released a notification to recruit eligible and suitable candidates to the post of Agriculture Officer. Applications to the post are invited starting from 2nd of March until 30th of March. However, it is necessary for all the candidates who wish to apply for the recruitment to have a clear idea about the syllabus and examination pattern. Therefore, all the candidates may gear themselves up for the examination by going through this article. Get the complete TPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2021 and check out TPSC Agriculture Officer Exam Pattern also. Good Luck to all the aspirants!
TPSC Agriculture Officer Recruitment 2021
According to the official notification released by the Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC), applications were invited from suitable and eligible candidates for 63 vacant Agricultural Officer posts in the state of Tripura. Recently, the commission has released the exam pattern and syllabus for the aforesaid recruitment process. All the interested candidates may start applying for the post from the 2nd of march 2021 to 30th of March 2021. However, the examination date is yet to be finalized by the commission. Therefore, it is necessary for all the applicants to check the official web portal of Tripura Public Service Commission every once in a while.
|Name of the Organization||Tripura Public Service Commission (TPSC)|
|Job Type||Government Job|
|Name of the Post||Agriculture Officer|
|Official Notification Date||18th February 2021|
|Online Application Start Date||2nd March 2021|
|Online Application End Date||30th March 2021|
|Salary Scale||Rs.10230 to Rs.34800 + with grade pay of Rs.4800|
|Selection process||Written examination and interview|
|Exam Pattern and syllabus status||Released|
|Admit Card Release Date||Yet to be notified|
|Examination Date||Yet to be notified|
|Official Web Portal||www.tpsc.tripura.gov.in|
All the candidates eligible for the job will be recruited based on the following processes.
- Written Test
The written test will be out of 180 marks. Only those candidates who qualify this round will be invited for the Interview. The Interview round will comprise of 20 marks in total. A final merit list of the candidates based on these two rounds of selection will be published by the commission.
TPSC Agriculture Officer Exam Pattern 2021
The examination of the TPSC Agriculture Officer will be conducted in the following format:
The question paper itself will be divided into two sections all of which will be objective type questions.
|MCQ Part 1||English and General Knowledge (including Current Affairs)||30|
|MCQ Part 2||Agriculture||150|
- The question paper will consist of 180 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) each carrying 1 mark.
- Examination will be of 3-hour duration (180 minutes).
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
TPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2021
Check out the detailed syllabus of TPSC Agriculture Officer examination.
MCQ Part 1
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Use of common Phrase & Idioms
- Use of appropriate prepositions and articles
- Ordering of words in a sentence
- Ordering of sentences
- Spotting of errors
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
- Parts of speech
- Gender, person & number
- Tense-past, present, future
- Voice change.
General Knowledge (including current affairs)
- Geography of India: Physical, Social & Economic.
- Geography of Tripura: Natural resources with special reference to its soil, forest, water and power.
- History of Tripura: During 1857 to 1949.
- Culture of Tripura: Different Tribes, Languages, Customs, Festivals, Important Historical sites etc.
- Indian Polity and Economy: – Country’s Political system and Constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, Community development, Economic development during Plan periods.
- Science & Technology
- Current affairs of national and international importance
MCQ Part 2 Agriculture
Agriculture in India and Tripura
- Agriculture in India, its importance in national economy.
- History of Indian Agriculture.
- National agricultural setup in India
- Area production and productivity of major crops of Tripura and India.
- Government Agricultural Policies
- Agricultural Education, Research and Extension institutes of National Importance
- Agro- Climatic & Agro-ecological zones of India.
Natural Resource Management
- Soil formation, composition, physical properties.
- Soil fertility and productivity
- Problem soils and their management
- Essential plant nutrients.
- Manures & fertilizers
- Integrated nutrient management (INM)
- Scheduling of irrigation, methods of irrigation
- Water use efficiency
- Quality of irrigation water
- Water stress & management
- Conservation of soil and water
- Watershed and wasteland development
- Cropping systems
- Integrated farming system (IFS)
- Dryland agriculture
- Sustainable agriculture
- Recycling of agricultural waste
- Biodiversity and its conservation
- Application of Remote Sensing & GIS in Agriculture.
Fundamentals of Crop Production
- Factors of crop Production
- Agricultural seasons of India and Tripura
- Recommended Package of practices of different crops with major emphasis in
- System of Rice Intensification (SRI).
- Jhum Cultivation in Tripura
- Organic Agriculture
- Weather, climate, atmosphere. Elements of weather, climatic normals for major crops, weather aberration, weather forecasting, global warming and climate change
- Tilth & tillage
- Crop establishment
- Nano-particles and their applications
- Precision Agriculture.
- Statistical Methods
- Major Weeds of Tripura & Integrated Weed Management (IWM). Commonly used
- herbicides in India and Tripura.
- Farm mechanization and its role in agricultural production and rural employment.
- Basic knowledge of farm implements.
- Definition and branches, importance in human nutrition and national economy and scope
- Plant propagation-methods and propagating structures
- Principles and methods of training and pruning
- Juvenility and flower bud differentiation, unfruitfulness, pollination, pollinizers and pollinators, fertilization and parthenocarpy
- Importance/role of plant bio-regulators in horticulture.
- Irrigation and fertilizer application methods in horticultural crops.
- Rootstocks – importance and role
- Orchard layout and planting systems
- Kitchen gardening, origin, production technology of major vegetable crops.
- Production technology of important flowers
- Production technology of important medicinal plants
- Principles of landscaping, landscape uses of trees, shrubs and climbers.
- Physiological disorders of national importance in important horticultural crops.
- Pre-harvest factors affecting postharvest quality, maturity, ripening and changes occurring during ripening, respiration and factors affecting respiration rate.
- Storage (ZECC, cold storage, CA, MA, and hypobaric)
- Value addition of horticultural crops, principles and methods of packaging, tetrazine films.
- Principles and methods of preservation, Drying/ Dehydration of fruits, osmotic drying, fermentation.
- Application of nanotechnology in post-harvest horticulture.
- Canning — Concepts and Standards, packaging of products.
- Protected cultivation – importance and scope, status of protected cultivation in India and World.
- Types of protected structure, cladding material involved in greenhouse/ poly house, greenhouse design, environment control, artificial lights, Automation, Soil preparation, substrate management, Irrigation and fertigation management.
- Greenhouse cultivation of important horticultural crops
- Off-season production of flowers and vegetables.
- Production Technology of Mushrooms.
- Crop Physiology
- Plant Breeding
- Seed and seed technology
- Plant pathology
- Agricultural Entomology
- Principles of farm business management
- Agricultural Extension: Principles and Methods
- Agricultural Marketing & Market Intelligence
Click here to Download TPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus PDF:
We hope that this article was helpful to you. Entri is striving each day to bring you closer to your dream job. Stay tuned to Entri for all important updates and results! We will provide you with the latest notification on all major competitive exams. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Make your learning experience a happy and memorable one with us. With Entri by your side your dream job will now be a reality!
Why Learn from Entri:
- Top notch & experienced tutors to learn from.
- Mock tests in various regional languages available.
- Download for Free! Get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- Full length Mock Tests and previous year question papers available.
And lots more! Subscribe Today! Happy Learning!