UGC NET is one of the most participated and sought-after government examinations in the country. There are candidates from various parts of the country who are appearing for the examination every year from various parts of the country. The UGC NET examination is conducted every twice year by the National Testing Agency. This examination is conducted for shortlisting candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian Government Universities and Colleges. National Testing Agency or NTA UGC NET exam is conducted in the month of June & December every year. As per the latest statement from the HRD Ministry, the examination will now be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The commission through the official notification dated o March 29, 2022, has announced that the UGC NET JRF Validity has been extended for 1 year.
UGC NET Validity Period 2022 Extended
UGC conducted the National Eligibility tests for the selection of eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). This recruitment examination is conducted by the commission in the month of June and December every year. According to th latest notification published by the recruitment commission on March 29, 2022 through their official website, it is now indicated that the GC NET JRF Validity has been extended for 1 year. The UGC NET validity has been extended up to four years now from the date of issue of the JRF Award letter. This is because of the Covid situation that is been present in the country since 2022.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
UGC NET examination is conducted under the supervision of CBSE and this examination follows certain examination pattern. The given below are the details that are related to the UGC NET exam pattern 2022.
The UGC NET exam 2022 consists of 2 papers. They are
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
The complete details regarding the exam structure that is followed in paper 1 and paper 2 is given below.
- The Paper I will test the candidates on areas such as teaching and research aptitude. It will comprise of topics like reasoning ability, comprehension, general awareness, and divergent thinking.
- While the Paper-II will be based on the subject selected from the 81 subjects (like Political Science, Philosophy, History, Commerce, Music, etc.) by the candidate.
- The UGC NET question papers will be objective type.
- The exam duration is of 3 hours.
- The first session will be for Paper I, where it includes 50 questions for 100 marks.
- The second session will be for Paper II. The question paper will include 100 questions for 200 marks.
|Session||Paper||Marks||No. of Qs||Duration|
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper I
Paper I of UGC NET will be generic and it will test the teaching aptitude and reasoning ability of the teachers.
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Reasoning (including Maths)||5||10|
|Information & Communication Technology (ICT)||5||10|
|People & Environment||5||10|
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||5||10|
- The questions will be objective type.
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper I will be for a duration of 1 hour.
- No negative marking for wrong answers in Paper I.
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper II
Paper-II of the UGC NET is going to be subject-based. The candidates will be asked questions based on the subject they choose. The paper will be objective type.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Chosen subject by the candidate||100||200|
- Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-II will have a duration of 2 hours.
- No negative marking will be given for wrong answers in Paper-II.
UGC NET Selection Process 2022
UGC NET exam is conducted under the supervision of CBSE and it follows a certain process for the selection of the eligible candidates. the given below are the details regarding the UGC NET selection process that the commission is following for the year 2022.
- Candidates of the General category need to acquire at least 40% aggregate marks in both Papers I and II. Reserved candidates need to acquire at least 35% aggregate marks in both papers I and II.
- The qualification of the number of candidates for Assistant Professor should be equal to 6% of the total number of candidates appearing in both the papers.
- The qualification of the number of candidates for JRF should be equal to 1% of the total number of candidates appearing in both papers.
- The aggregate percentage of both paper I and II in a particular subject, corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, will decide the qualifying cut-off for selecting Assistant Professor in that subject. All other subject-wise qualifying cut-offs shall be determined in the same way.
- Out of the total number of qualified candidates, candidates who had applied for “Eligibility for Assistant Professor and JRF both” shall be taken into consideration for the post of JRF.
- Available JRF slots are allocated among different categories on the basis of the subject according to the Government’s Reservation policy.
- The aggregate percentage of both paper I and II in a particular subject, corresponding to the number of slots arrived at, will decide the qualifying cut-off for selecting JRF in that subject. All other subject-wise qualifying cut-offs shall be determined in the same way.
UGC NET Exam Centres 2022
The given below are the list of the examination centres across various states where the UGC NET examination is conducted in the year 2022.
|State||City||Exam Centre Code|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar/ Naharlagun||AL01|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair||AN01|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar/ Durg||CG01|
|Daman and Diu||Daman||DD01|
|Delhi||Delhi/ New Delhi||DL01|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||DN01|
|Himachal Pradesh||Bilaspur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP01|
|Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)||HP03|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City||JH01|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramulla||JK01|
|Dharwad/ Hubballi (Hubli)||KK10|
|Ernakulam/ Angamaly/ Muvattupuzha||KL04|
|Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai||MR16|
|Patiala/ Fatehgarh Sahib||PB08|
|Telangana||Hyderabad/ Secunderabad/ Ranga Reddy||TL01|
|Noida/ Greater Noida||UP09|
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.