Table of Contents
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is all set for conducting the UPPSC Staff Nurse Exam 2021. The examination is highly competitive due to the attractive job profile and handsome salary. There are also approximately 3012 vacancies for this UPPSC recruitment this year. Hence this can be considered as a golden opportunity for all aspiring candidates. Since the number of vacancies is on a higher scale there are high chances that the competition for the exam will also be high. Hence it is very important that all the aspirants prepare very well for this exam. This article details the roles and duties of the Staff Nurse. In this article, we will discuss the UPPSC Staff Nurse Job Profile 2021.
Read the complete article to have a better understanding of the UPPSC staff nurse job profile 2021 and also certain important insights towards UPPSC Staff nurse recruitment 2021.
UPPSC Staff Nurse Recruitment 2021 – Insights
|Name of the examination||UPPSC Staff Nurse exam 2021|
|Examination conducting body||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||Staff nurse grade II (Male/ female)|
|Number of vacancies||3012|
|Application submission start date||16th July 2021|
|Last date for submission of the application||03rd September 2021|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Date of examination||03rd October 2021|
UPPSC Staff Nurse Job Profile
The Staff Nurse is generally the first level professional Nurse in a hospital setup. Thus by appearance and by word he/she will be professional at all times.
The staff nurse will be a skilled nurse, giving expert bedside care to patients and executing special technical duties in special areas like operation theatres, intensive care units(ICUs), highly dependent units etc. He/She also acts as a ‘de facto’ sister when a situation arises in the ward or department.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Staff Nurse
The Staff Nurse will normally assess the needs of the patients in the ward and make a nursing care plan for all the patients consulting with the ward nurse.
- The nurse will provide direct patient care (making of the bed, changing of bed sheets, bed bathing, mouth care, back care, hair wash, changing of position of the patient etc) and allotted care to him/her by the ward sister.
- The staff nurse will also fulfil all basic needs (hygienic needs, nutritional needs etc) of the patients.
- He/She will provide comfort to the suffering patient and maintain the safety of the patient.
- The staff nurse will take over the charge from the duty nurse of the previous shift, regarding patients (bed to bed), instrument supplies, availability of drugs etc. and hand over the same to the next shift.
Some of the other duties of the staff nurse are stated below.
- To layout, the trolley according to the operation list.
- Prepare the trolley of anaesthesia.
- To check the level of supply of Oxygen, Carbon dioxide, Nitrous Oxide, emergency drugs, crush trolley etc & keep them ready at hand.
- To carry out the instructions and orders of O.T. Sister whenever necessary.
- Assist the Surgeon and Anaesthetician in the operation theatre.
- To count all the instruments and also the mops before closing the wounds.
- To monitor the condition and take care of the patient during an operation, and postoperatively in the recovery room.
- Sometimes act as the O.T. Sister in her absence.
- To fumigate and cleanse the O.T. room periodically.
UPPSC Staff Nurse Salary Structure
The salary of the Staff Nurse is updated as per the guidelines of the 7th pay commission. The official notification includes the revised salary structure for the post, which is Rs. 9300- Rs 34800, Grade Pay- Rs. 4600/- (Updated Pay Scale of Level-7 Pay Matrix of Rs. 44,900 – 1,42,400/-). In addition to the main salary, UPPSC Staff Nurse is also eligible for various other benefits like allowances, perks, and job prospects.
|Pay Scale||Rs. 9300-34800|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 4600|
|Annual Salary||Rs.5,00,000/- to 7,00,00/-|
Career Growth of Staff Nurse
The career prospects are as discussed below. On attaining seniority, the staff nurse will reach the following posts.
- Healthcare Assistant
- Senior Healthcare Assistant
- Senior Staff Nurse
- Community Care Assistant
You can also check our other articles related to UPPSC Staff Nurse from below
Download the Entri App and avail of its abundant services today! Good day readers!
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Exam Information Links|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Syllabus||UPPSC Staff Nurse Notification|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Exam date||UPPSC Staff Nurse Mock Test|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Application Form||UPPSC Staff Nurse Study Materials|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Vacancy||
UPPSC Staff Nurse Interview Questions
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Admit Card||UPPSC Staff Nurse Video Course|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Study Plan||UPPSC Staff Nurse Salary|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Previous Question papers|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Best books||UPPSC Staff Nurse Result|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Eligibility Criteria||UPPSC Staff Nurse Cutoff|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Selection Process||UPPSC Staff Nurse Exam Analysis|
|UPPSC Staff Nurse Answer key|