National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I) 2021 will be conducted on 18th April 2021. The written exam of consists of two papers, viz., General Ability Test (GAT) & Mathematics. The Mathematics section of the Written exam consists of 120 Questions with a total of 300 Marks. Candidates can practice mock tests on Entri. However, it very much important to practice the previous year’s question papers along with exam preparations. In this article, candidates can practice a short UPSC NDA Maths Mock Test with answers given.
UPSC NDA Maths Mock Test with Answers
1. A geometric progression (GP) consists of 200 terms. If the sum of the odd terms of the GP is ‘m’, and the sum of the even numbers in the GP is ‘n’, then what is the common ratio?
C) m + (n/m)
D) n + (m/n)
2. In a school 50% of students play cricket and 40% play football. If 10% of students play both games, then what percent of students play neither football nor cricket?
C) 20 %
3. If A, B, and C are subsets of a Universal set, then which one of the following is not correct?
A) A ∪ (B ∩ C) = (A ∪ B) ∩ (A ∪ C)
B) A’ ∪ (A ∪ B) = (B’ ∩ A)’ ∪ A
C) A’ ∪ (B ∪ C) = (C’ ∩ B)’ ∩ A’
D) (A ∩ B) ∪ C = (A ∪ C) ∩ (B ∪ C)
Where A’ is the complement of A.
4. Let Sn be the sum of the first n terms of an AP. If S2n = 3n + 14 n2, then what is the common difference?
5. The numbers 1, 5, and 25 can be three terms (not necessarily consecutive) of
A) only 1 AP
B) more than one but finite number of AP
C) infinite number of AP
D) finite number of GP
6. If C (20, n+2) = C (20, n-2), then what is n equal to?
7. What is the distance between the points which divide the line segment joining (4, 3) and (5, 7) internally and externally in the ratio 2: 3?
8. The mean of 5 observations is 4.4 and variance is 8. 24. If three of the five observations are 1, 2, and 6, then what are the other two observations?
A) 9, 16
B) 9, 4
C) 81, 16
D) 81, 4
9. Two dice are thrown simultaneously. What is the probability that the sum of the prime numbers appearing on them is a prime number?
10. The circle X2 + Y2 +4X – 7Y+ 12 = 0, cuts and intercept on y- axis equal to
11. What is the area of one of the loops between the curve y = c sin x and x-axis?
12. The perpendiculars that fall from any point or the straight-line 2x + 11y = 5 upon the two straight lines 24x + 7y = 20 and 4x – 3y = 2 are
A) 12 and 4 respectively
B) 11 and 5 respectively
C) Equal to each other
D) Not equal to each other
13. If two variables X and Y are independent, then what is the correlation coefficient between them?
D) None of the above
14. If A is an identity matrix of order 3, then its inverse (A-1) is equal to
A) null matrix
D) does not exist
15. Two cards are chosen at random from a deck of 52 cards. What is the probability that both of them have the same value?
Practice mock tests both section-wise and full-length and previous question papers to ace your preparations. Visit the Entri app page for all the latest updates regarding UPSC Exam Notifications 2021.