The new date of Preliminary Written Examination of WB Police Exam 2021 – Staff Officer cum Instructor is now announced and is to be held on 28th February 2021 (Sunday). Candidates can check all the further details regarding the examination 2021.
Notification regarding Recruitment to the post of Staff Officer-cum-Instructor in Civil Defence Organization, West Bengal under the department of Disaster Management and Civil Defence, Govt. of West Bengal was released on 29 November 2019. Earlier the Preliminary Written Examination was scheduled for 29th March 2020 (Sunday) from 12:00 Noon to 1:30 PM. It was then postponed due to the spread of the pandemic Corona Virus (COVID-19).
WB Police Exam 2021
Notification Overview- Important Dates
- Advertisement No: WBPRB/NOTICE-2019/ 13(SOI-19)
- Department: Disaster Management and Civil Defence, Govt. of West Bengal
- Post: Staff Officer–cum-Instructor in Civil Defence Organization
- Notification Release Date: 29th November 2019
- Date of Prelims Exam (Old): 29th March 2020
- New Date for Prelims Exam: 28th February 2021 (Sunday)
- The date for Download Prelims Admit Card: 20th February 2021
The candidates must not be less than 20 (twenty) years old and must not be more than 39 years old as of 01/01/2019. The Upper-age limit relaxation can be availed by eligible candidates as per the Govt. rules and regulations.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent. Also, the candidates must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali language
Staff Officer cum Instructor: 125 posts
- Unreserved (UR)- 67
- Scheduled Caste- 28
- Scheduled Tribe- 08
- OBC-A – 13
- OBC-B – 09
Pay Scale Rs. 7,100 – 37,600/- (Pay Band-3) + Grade Pay Rs. 3,600/- plus other admissible allowances.
WB Police Exam 2021: Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination (Full Marks – 200)
Preliminary Examination Pattern
- 100 marks in General studies having 50 questions
- 50 marks in Logical & Analytical reasoning having 25 questions
- 50 marks in Arithmetic having 25 questions
- The duration of the examination is 90 minutes.
The preliminary examination will be a screening test for shortlisting candidates for the Physical Measurement Test and Physical Efficiency Test. The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board shall be the competent agency to prescribe minimum cut-off marks for each social category and post taking into account the number of vacancies proposed to be filled up in each category and post.
The preliminary examination will either be an OMR-based MCQ-type written examination or a Computer Based online test (CBT) depending on the number of applicants and other administrative factors.
The marks obtained by the candidate in the preliminary examination shall not be counted for the purpose of determining the final merit list.
There will be a Negative marking for each incorrect answer in the preliminary examination. ¼ th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Physical Measurement Test (PMT) & Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Final Competitive Examination (Full Marks – 350)
- The final Competitive Examination will be descriptive and consist of three papers.
- Paper-I: General Studies and Arithmetic for 150 marks (100 marks for General Studies and 25 marks for Logical & Analytical reasoning and 25 marks for Arithmetic) of 2(two) hours duration.
- Paper-II: English of 100 marks of one and a half (1½) hour duration.
- Paper-III: Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali of 100 marks of one and a half (1½) hour duration.
Personality Test: (Full Marks – 50)
A limited number of the candidates selected merit-wise on the results of the Final Competitive Examination will be called to appear for the Personality Test.
Final merit shall be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in the three papers of the Final Competitive Examination and the marks obtained in the Personality Test.
Preliminary examination: General Studies and Arithmetic
- Questions will be set to test the General Knowledge of candidates in different spheres.
Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Questions will be set to test the logical and analytical ability of the candidate.
- Questions will be set on the basis of the syllabus of the Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
Download the WB Police Exam 2021 Admit Card
Prelims exam is scheduled for 28th February 2021 from 12:00 Noon to 1:30 PM.
The e-Admit Cards will be available on the website of West Bengal Police @www.wbpolice.gov.in and the website of Civil Defence Organization, WB @http://wbdmd.gov.in/Civil_Defence/CD_Default.aspx w.e.f. 20th February 2021.
Candidates are requested to download their e-Admit Cards well in advance on the keying of their Application Sl. No. & Date of Birth.
The candidates are also advised to follow the instructions given on their Admit Card against attending the WB Police Exam 2021 – Staff Officer cum Instructor Prelims Exam.