Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) has opened the online application procedure for the position of Apprentice. Candidates who have completed their 10th grade and have an ITI certificate can apply for a WR Apprenticeship until June 27, 2022.
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Notification Overview
For the year 2022-23, a total of 1961 apprentice openings are available for training in the authorised Trades under the Apprentice Act 1961 at various Divisions and Workshops under Western Railways’ control. The candidates will be chosen from a merit list that will be compiled only from the information provided by the applicant in the ONLINE application.
|Selection Process||Merit list by information provided on the application portal|
|Salary Scale||Stipend as prescribed by the state government|
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell 2022 Exam Dates
The important events and dates of Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell apprenticeship recruitment 2022 are given below.
Important Dates (Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell)
|Apply Online Date||28th May 2022 at 11.00 hrs.|
|Last Date for applying and payment of Application Fees||27th June 2022 at 17.00 hrs.|
|Provisional Allotment||Yet to be announced|
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell 2022 Vacancy
The number of training slots listed in this Notification is approximate, and it may rise or decrease depending on the Administration’s real needs at the time of final selection.
There will be a 4% reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PwBD) and a 3% quota for Ex-Servicemen. The quota slots in the aforementioned categories are part of the total slots, and thus cannot be filled outside of the notified slots. The post wise vacancy for apprentice posts of Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell apprenticeship recruitment 2022 is given below.
|Trades||Number of Vacancies|
|Mechanic Motor Vehicle||15|
|Refridgerator (AC – Mechanic)||147|
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell 2022 Salary Scale
The applicants that are chosen will be required to complete a year of apprenticeship training. Apprenticeship training will be provided to selected candidates for one year, and they will be given a stipend at the required rate during that time, as per the rules governing the respective state governments.
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell 2022 Eligibility Criteria
There are some conditions prescribed in the notification for the eligibility of candidates. Qualified candidates will be required to present Medical Certificates per the notification’s requirements. The Medical Certificate must be signed by a government official who is no less than the position of Assistant Surgeon at a Central or State Hospital. The maximum disability for differently-abled applicants/persons with disabilities (PWD) is indicated in the announcement by category and trade.
- As of June 27, 2022, the applicants must have completed 15 years of age and must not have completed 24 years of age.
- In the case of SC/ST candidates, the upper age restriction can be relaxed by 05 years, and in the case of OBC applicants, it can be relaxed by 03 years.
- The upper age limit for persons with disabilities (PWD) has been lowered by ten years.
- Age relaxation is allowed for categories with reservation.
|Category||From the date||To the date|
|Ex-servicemen- UR||24 yrs + Defence Service to 10 yrs + 3 yrs||27/06/2007|
|Ex-servicemen- SC/ST||29 yrs + Defence Service to 10 yrs + 3 yrs||27/06/2007|
|Ex-servicemen- OBC||27 yrs + Defence Service to 10 yrs + 3 yrs||27/06/2007|
On the date of release of this Notification, i.e. May 26, 2022, the applicants must have already passed the prescribed qualification.
|Educational qualification||Technical qualification|
|Matriculate or 10th Class in the 10+2 examination system from a recognised Board with a least 50% marks in the aggregate.||In relevant trades, an ITI qualification from NCVT/SCVT is required. Candidates awaiting results as on the date of notification releases are not eligible to apply. Candidates who failed to qualify for ITI qualification too cannot apply.|
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Application Form
The application is via the online portal.
Steps to Apply Online
- Go to www.rrc-wr.com.
- Fill in the necessary detail without any mistakes. As the merit list is formed by computerised selection by the info given, unmatching details found during the document verification might end up in the cancellation of candidature.
- The aadhar card number should be filled in.
- Only one Division/Workshop option is available. The candidates’ option is FINAL and binding once they have exercised it. Applicants should check the Tradewise vacancy table to see what openings have been announced and make sure that the Division/Workshop where they want to apply has vacancies in their Trade/Qualification/Community/Category.
- Aspirants with ITI credentials in more than one trade can apply distinctly for each appropriate trade. But otherwise, multiple applications will be considered invalid and will be rejected.
- Applicants must print out copies of their online application, which must be presented to the Railway Administration as and when requested.
- The payment gateway is linked with the online application.
- Documents that needed to be uploaded in the online application portal are:
- Mark Sheet for SSC (Standard 10th) or equivalent.
- Standard 10 or its equivalent certificate or mark sheet stating the date of birth, or School Leaving Certificate indicating date of birth as proof of date of birth.
- Provisional National Trade Certificate reflecting grades / Consolidated ITI mark sheet of all semesters of the trade in which applied
- NCVT National Trade Certificate or Provisional NCVT/SCVT National Trade Certificate
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC applicants
- Disability certificate in the event of PwBD applicants
- Discharge certificate / Serving certificate in the case of Ex-Servicemen quota applicants
- If an applicant is claiming under the EWS Quota, they must upload their EWS Certificate.
- Scanned copies of photo and signature
The fee structure is as given below.
Apply Online Link
The link provided below will lead you to the online application portal
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell 2022 Selection Process
- The merit list will be created based on the average percentage of marks achieved by the Applicants in both Matriculation [with a minimum of 50% (aggregate)marks] and ITI examinations, with equal weightage given to both.
- If two aspirants have the similar scores, the candidate with the older age will be given preference. If the aspirants’ dates of birth are also the same, the aspirants who passed the matriculation test first will be taken into consideration. No written test or viva will be organised.
- Original testimonies and a Medical Fitness Certificate would be required for the final selection of applicants.
Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) Result
Before beginning apprenticeship training in the given trade, the selected Applicants must sign an Apprenticeship Training Contract that includes the provisions set below. If the chosen Applicant is a minor, his or her Guardian must enter into an Apprenticeship Contract with the company.
All the necessary details regarding Western Railway’s Railway Recruitment Cell 2022 apprentice notification are given in the above article. Download the Entri app to learn more about railway recruitments for the year 2022 and prepare accordingly.