Table of Contents
The world observes Kindness Day every year on November 13, 2022. It was introduced in the year 1998 by the World Kindness Movement, a coalition of nations’ kindness Non- Governmental Organizations. It is observed in many countries, including Canada, Australia, Nigeria, and the United Arab Emirates. Singapore is the country that observed the day for the first time in the year 2009. Italy and India also observe the day on November 13. In the UK, it is fronted every year by David Jamilly, who co-founded Kindness Day UK with Louise Burfitt-Dons.
World Kindness Day 2022 History
For the very first time, Kindness day was observed in the year 2009. In the year 2010, the New South Wales Federation Parents and Citizens Association wrote to the Minister of The NSW Department of Education to place World Kindness Day on the NSW School Calendar. In the year 2012, the day was included in the school calendar of Australia by the Federal School Calendar and the then Minister of School Education, Early Childhood, and Youth. Later that year, understanding the significance of this day more than 9000 schools included this day in their school calendars. Schools across the globe are now celebrating World Kindness Day and work with local NGOs such as the Be Kind People Project and Life Vest Inside In the USA. In 2012 in Australia, Marie Bashir, Governor of New South Wales, hosted an event for the first time at Government House to celebrate World Kindness Day and accepted a Cool To Be Kind Award from year 3 & 4 students. Australian Councils representing over 1.3 million residents have also signed Declarations of Support for World Kindness Australia placing World Kindness Day on the Council Calendar of Events.
World Kindness Day 2022 Objective
Kindness is celebrated across the world with certain objectives to achieve and propagate. World Kindness Day is to highlight good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness for good that binds us. Kindness is a fundamental part of the human condition which bridges the divides of race, religion, politics, gender, and location. Kindness Cards are also an ongoing activity that can either be passed on to recognize an act of kindness and or ask that an act of kindness be done. Approaches are being made to the United Nations by the peak global body, the World Kindness Movement, to have World Kindness Day officially recognized and its members unanimously sign a Declaration of Support for World Kindness.
World Kindness Day 2022 Events
Understanding the importance of kindness day, various NGO’s and schools across the world celebrate kindness day through various gestures. Various gestures are followed and expressed across the world on this day and some of the events that are celebrated include, THE BIG HUG, handing out Kindness Cards, Global Flash mob, etc. Also, there are many quotes that are associated with World Kindness Day. Here are some of the quotes associated for your reference.
- “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.”–James Keller
- “A little spark of kindness can put a colossal burst of sunshine into someone’s day.”–Unknown
- Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”– Princess Diana
World Kindness Day 2022 Quotes
- ” Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
- ” Be Kind Whenever Possible, It’s Always Possible.” – Dalai Lama
- ” Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough “. – Franklin D Roosevelt
- ” The small act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention ” – Oscar Wilde
- ” Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are “. – Harold S Kushner