The world observes World Pneumonia Day on 12th November every year. This day provides a forum and opportunity for the people against the world to come together, stand and demand action against Pneumonia disease. The world observed pneumonia day for the very first time in the year 2009 and more than 100 organizations representing the interests of children joined forces as the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia in that year. Here in this article, you can read all the details that can be understood about World Pneumonia Day and the importance of that.
World Pneumonia Day 2022 History
Pneumonia is day has very important significance around the world as it raises awareness against one of the most deadly diseases humans have ever faced. The first time world observed the Pneumonia day was in the year 2009. In that year the day was observed on November 2nd. From the year 2010, the world observes November 12 as World Pneumonia Day.
World Pneumonia Day Theme 2022
Every year Pneumonia day is observed around the world on November 12. Every year a specific theme is adapted across the world and the ay is observed upon that. For the year 2022, the theme adopted by the Global Health Council for World Pneumonia day is Stop Pneumonia / Every Breath Counts.
Pneumonia Types and Symptoms – All that you should know
Pneumonia is a contagious infection with symptoms that range from mild (cold and flu-like) to severe. How serious your case of pneumonia depends on the particular germ causing pneumonia, your overall health, and your age. The infection is caused by the bacteria to both the lungs which can eventually turn fatal to the patient. The infection causes certain issues which include:
- Your airways swell
- The air sacs in the lungs fill with mucus and other fluids
Pneumonia can cause inflammation to the lungs and can be fatal for the patients. Pneumonia can be caused in various circumstances and the symptoms of each circumstance are listed below.
Here are the symptoms related to Bacterial Pneumonia:
- High fever (up to 105° F)
- Tiredness (fatigue)
- Trouble breathing: rapid breathing or shortness of breath
- Cough with mucus (might be greenish in color or contain a small amount of blood)
- Chest pain and/or abdominal pain, especially with coughing or deep breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Confused mental state or changes in awareness (especially in older adults)
Here are the symptoms related to Virally infected Pneumonia:
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle pain
Additional symptoms appearing about a day later include:
- Higher fever
- Cough with mucus
- Shortness of breath
Also, certain signs of pneumonia in children include the below-mentioned symptoms:
- Fever, chills, general discomfort, sweating/flushed skin.
- Rapid breathing (tachypnea).
- Difficulty breathing, which can be seen as:
- A widening of nostrils while breathing (nasal flaring)
- Inward movement of chest wall when a child breaths in (lower chest in-drawing). With normal breathing, the chest moves outward when breathing in.
- Pain in the chest, especially when coughing or breathing deeply.
- Bluish tint to lips or nails due to decreased oxygen level in the blood.
- Loss of appetite.
- Increased tiredness (fatigue).
World Pneumonia Day 2022 Quotes
- ” On this occasion of World Pneumonia Day we must all remember that we can win this fight against pneumonia. Stand together and fight. Have a happy and healthy World Pneumonia Day.”
- ” On this occasion of World Pneumonia Day keep your lungs far away from bacterial and viral infections and protect them from pneumonia. Enjoy a happy and healthy World Pneumonia Day.”
- ” Warm wishes on World Pneumonia Day to all. Let us join hands against the fight against this disease which takes many lives every year.”
- ” Let us celebrate the occasion of World Pneumonia Day by staying safe and staying healthy. Warm wishes to everyone on this day.”
- ” Dont forget to take the vaccination and keep your health safe from the threats of pneumonia. Wishing a very Happy World Pneumonia Day to you.”