International days are marked to educate the public on issues of concern, to address global problems and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. Each international day provides the community an opportunity to organize activities related to the theme and to create public awareness on the same. Organizations, governments, public and private sectors, schools, universities and citizens make international day a springboard for awareness raising actions. In this article let us check on World Students Day 2020 – Theme, Quotes and Celebration
World Students Day – Thursday, 15 October
In this article readers can get a glimpse on
- History of World Students Day
- List of Books written by Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam
- Theme of World Students day
- World Students day Activities
- World Students day Quiz
History of World Students Day
Unarguably the most loved President of India, APJ Abdul Kalam was a scientist who made India proud with his missile defence programme. But his favourite job was teaching and that’s how he wanted the world to remember him. He wasn’t just the people’s president, but an inspirational personality who also was a teacher, scientist, author, professor and policy-maker. Abdul Kalam, who served as president from 2002 until 2007, was not only a renowned scientist, thinker, philosopher and teacher, but also a winner of numerous prestigious awards and honours.
Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 in Rameshwaram, Madras Presidency, British India. He worked with DRDO and ISRO as an aeronautical engineer. Famously known as Missile Man of India, Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam played major role in India’s Ballistic Missiles development. He also played a vital part in the 1998 when India tested its nuclear weapons. He worked with DRDO and ISRO as an aeronautical engineer. He also played a vital part in the 1998 when India tested its nuclear weapons.
World Students Day Theme 2020
This year 2020, the theme of World Students‘ Day is ‘Learning for people, planet, prosperity, and peace’.
List of Books written by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Developments in Fluid Mechanics and Space Technology (1988)
- India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium (1998)
- Wings of Fire: An Autobiography
- Ignited minds: Unleashed the Power With India (2002)
- The Luminous Sparks (2004)
- Mission India (2005)
- Inspiring Thoughts (2007)
- Indomitable Spirit (2007)
- Envisioning an Empowered Nation (2010)
- You Are Born To Blossom: Take My Journey Beyond (2011)
- Turning points: A journey through challenges (2012)
- Target 3 Billion (2011)
- My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions (2013)
World Students Day Quotes
- “Books become permanent companions. Sometimes, they are born before us; they guide us during our life journey and continue for many generations.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.”-APJ Abdul Kalam
- “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “If you want to shine like a sun. First burn like a sun.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
World Students Day Activities 2020
Few activities that can be conducted on world students day are as follows
- On this students day let them know how important they are
- Let the students be made aware of their impacts on the society and the world
- Students can also be made aware of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam and his achievements
- Quiz can be conducted to check their knowledge about Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam and to help them learn more about him and follow his path
- Students day can be celebrated by launching various projects and competition to help them explore their talents in different areas.
- Each student should be recognized.
- It is important to let students know that they are all different and unique in their own ways and each one will take their time to bloom in different ways
- Organize various set of activities in different fields thus providing students a platform to explore their talents
World Students Day Quiz – Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam Quiz
1. What is the full name of Dr. Abdul Kalam?
A) Avul Jakir Jalaluddin Kalam
B) Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
C) Abdul Sakir Jainulabdeen Kalam
D) None of the above
2. Dr. Kalam was awarded with which prestigious honour for his outstanding public service in 2008?
3. When did Pokharan II nuclear tests take place?
5. Which one of the following is an autobiography of Dr. Abdul Kalam?
7. Which one of following statements on Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam is Not Correct
A) M P
10. The place, where former President of India Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam died
How Entri will help you with the preparation for Competitive Examinations
- Entri Provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
Attempt the following Quiz by Entri to boost your score in the examination
Few important international days and its significance by Entri.