Table of Contents
International days are marked to educate the public on issues of concern, to address global problems and to celebrate and reinforce the achievements of humanity. Each international day provides the community with an opportunity to organize activities related to the theme and to create public awareness on the same.
Organizations, governments, public and private sectors, schools, universities and citizens make the international day a springboard for awareness-raising actions. It is on the 15th of October that World Students’ Day 2022 is celebrated all over the globe. This is the birth anniversary of Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam, an Indian Aerospace scientist who won the Bharat Ratna and also served as the 11th President of India. He was known for the love he showered on the students and his focus on promoting education.
In this article let us check various topics related to World Students’ Day 2022!
World Students’ Day 2022 Date –15th of October
In this article readers you will get a glimpse of the following:
- History of World Students’ Day
- The theme of World Students’ day
- World Students’ Day Quotes
- World Students’ Day Activities
- World Students’ Day Quiz
History of World Students’ Day
Unarguably the most loved President of India, APJ Abdul Kalam was a scientist who made India proud with his missile defence programme. But his favourite job was teaching and that’s how he wanted the world to remember him. He wasn’t just the people’s president, but an inspirational personality who also was a teacher, scientist, author, professor and policy-maker.
Abdul Kalam, who served as president from 2002 until 2007, was not only a renowned scientist, thinker, philosopher and teacher, but also a winner of numerous prestigious awards and honours. It was in the year 2010, when the United Nations decided to honour this ‘great scientist’ on his 79th birth anniversary and declared his birthday on October 15 as the ‘World Students’ Day’.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 in Rameshwaram, Madras Presidency, British India. He worked with DRDO and ISRO as an aeronautical engineer. Famously known as Missile Man of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam played a major role in India’s Ballistic Missiles development. He also played a vital part in 1998 when India tested its nuclear weapons. He worked with DRDO and ISRO as an aeronautical engineer. He also played a vital part in 1998 when India tested its nuclear weapons.
World students’ Day 2022 Theme
Well, every year there is a particular theme set but for this year there aren’t any. Even though there is no official theme, the goal of the campaigns would definitely be to provide support to students around the world. This is to ensure the creation of a better world dreamed by Dr Kalam. The students’ day 2022 in India is celebrated with zeal and enthusiasm.
World Students’ Day Quotes 2022
Following are the students’ day 2022 quotes you should know:
- “Books become permanent companions. Sometimes, they are born before us; they guide us during our life journey and continue for many generations.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life.”-APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
- “If you want to shine like a sun. First burn like a sun.” -APJ Abdul Kalam
World Students’ Day Activities 2022
Few activities that can be conducted on world students’ day are as follows
- On this students day let them know how important they are
- Let the students be made aware of their impacts on society and the world
- Students can also be made aware of Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam and his achievements
- The quiz can be conducted to check their knowledge about Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam and to help them learn more about him and follow his path
- Students day can be celebrated by launching various projects and competitions to help them explore their talents in different areas.
- Each student should be recognized.
- It is important to let students know that they are all different and unique in their own ways and each one will take their time to bloom in different ways
- Organize various sets of activities in different fields thus providing students with a platform to explore their talents
World Students’ Day Quiz on Dr A. P. J Abdul Kalam
1. What is the full name of Dr Abdul Kalam?
A) Avul Jakir Jalaluddin Kalam
B) Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
C) Abdul Sakir Jainulabdeen Kalam
D) None of the above
2. Dr Kalam was awarded which prestigious honour for his outstanding public service in 2008?
3. When did Pokharan II nuclear tests take place?
5. Which one of the following is an autobiography of Dr Abdul Kalam?
7. Which one of the following statements on Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam is Not Correct
A) M P
10. The place, where former President of India Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam died
How will Entri help you with the preparation for Competitive Examinations?
- Entri Provides you with an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- It provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- You will get an excellent platform with full-length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.