APPSC Group-1 Selection Process: Introduction
Andra Pradesh Public Service Commission(APPSC) has invited applications from the eligible graduates to the state’s most prestigious . A total of 160 vacant positions are reported across the state for . The APPSC main examination is scheduled for December 2019 (12/12/2019 to 23/12/2019, 07 offline Sessions). Here we are bringing you the details of APPSC Group-1 Selection Process.
Procedure to fill up the form
The first step in APPSC Group-01 selection process for any candidate is to understand how can they apply for a certain examination, we have written below all the steps on how to apply for this examination;
- The first time applicants for any notification has to first fill the OTPR
application carefully to obtain OTPR ID. Click Here For APPSC website
- The candidates have to login into the Commission’s website with the OTPR and the Password set by them.
- Click on the “Online Application Submission” present in the bottom right corner of the Commission’s website.
- Click on the payment link against the Notification Number that he wants to apply.
After the successful, payment reference ID is generated. The applicant should provide the payment reference Id along with the other personal details to complete their application.
- Correction in the application form will be enabled for a particular time window.
- The applicant must pay Rs. 250/ towards application processing fee and Rs 120/-towards examination fee. Reservation eligible candidates are exempted from the examination fees.
Prelims Exam Pattern
A Candidiate appearing for APPSC Group-01 selection process needs to clear Prelims exam which contains of two subjects General Studies and General Aptitude. The marks distribution is given below;
|Division of Sections||Sub- Divisions||Values|
Paper 1 – General Studies
Paper 2- General Aptitude
|Number of Questions||120|
|Nature of Questions||MCQ|
|Maximum Marks||120 marks|
|Negative Marking||1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question|
The Syllabus for Paper 1 General Studies are as follows:
- Constitution, Social Justice and International Relations
- Indian Economy and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning
- History and Culture
The Syllabus for Paper 2 General Aptitude are as follows;
- General Mental Ability and Administrative and Psychological Abilities
- Science and Technology
- Current Events of Regional, National and International importance
Mains Exam Pattern
The Marks allocation for Mains exam are as follows;
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes each|
|Nature of Questions||Descriptive|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks each|
There are a total of 7 paper in which 2 papers are qualifying in nature.
The other 5 papers are;
- Paper I – Essay – on contemporary themes and issues of regional, national and international importance
- Paper II – History, Culture, and Geography of India and Andhra Pradesh
- Paper III– Constitution, Polity, Governance, Law, and Ethics
- Paper IV – Economy and Development of India and Andhra Pradesh
- Paper V– Science, Technology and Environmental Issues
NOTE: All the papers of Merit should be written down in same language, and the preference of qualifying paper depends on the choice the candidate had preferred for in the online form.
The final selection process is the Interview Process. An Interview Process is usually a Personality based test in which your overall personality development is assessed. The questions will be asked from your profile which you had filled in the form. In this round, you will be assessed on various criteria such as attitude, your ability to react to a stressful environment, your overall behavior and characteristics, mental health, your ideation and your way to narrate thoughts and opinions. We will be discussing few of the categories from which the questions are asked in APPSC Interview sessions as particular questions vary from candidate to candidate.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope your idea of joining into any of the above organization is clearer now. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves improve your success rate.
Check our the Expected areas of Questions in Interview