Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission has released the notification for the APPSC Group-1 recruitment. Candidates are required to download the notes and start preparing to get a job in state government. In this article, we will provide you APPSC Notes in Telugu – Download Free PDF.
APPSC Group 1 exam is the top exam conducted by APPSC to recruit the second line of officers in the state who are second only to the IAS officers posted in the state. Most of the posts are of gazetted rank and have the best of the emoluments in the state. APPSC Group 1 exam is a three-stage exam, which includes
- Prelims Exam (Screening paper)
- Mains Exam
APPSC Notes in Telugu – Download Free PDF: Exam Pattern–Prelims Exam
APPSC Group 1 prelims exam is the objective type exam which is conducted through the Computer-Based Test (CBT) in the online mode. APPSC conducts the prelims exam at the designated centers across the states.
The APPPSC Group 1 prelim exam has two objective type question papers. Each paper contains 120 questions. Each question carries one mark and the time limit for each paper is two hours.
The APPSC Group 1 prelims exam pattern is:
|Subject Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper –I – General Studies
This paper consists of 04 parts i.e., ABCD each part carries 30 marks
A. History and Culture.
B. Constitution polity, Social Justice & International relations.
C. Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy & Planning.
|Paper-II – General Aptitude
This paper consists of 2 parts i.e., A and B each part carries 60 Marks
A. General Mental Ability,
Administrative and Psychological Abilities.
B. (i) Science and Technologies.
(ii) Current events of Regional, National & International importance
APPSC Group 1 prelims work as a screening exam for the main exam. The marks secured in the prelims exam will not be counted for the final merit list.
APPSC Notes in Telugu – Download Free PDF: Syllabus Group 1 Exam
The APPSC Group 1 prelims exam act as a screening exam only and the candidates need to qualify the exam so that they can appear in the main exam. The prelims syllabus is the abridged version of the main exam and the candidates should take an integrated approach to the APPSC group 1 syllabus. It is very important to prepare the syllabus to qualify for the APPSC Group 1 exam.
The General Studies paper of APPSC exam consist of the following four sections
|General Studies Section||Marks|
|History and Culture||30|
|Constitution polity, Social Justice and International relations||30|
|Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning||30|
History and Culture
The syllabus for History and culture will include
- Ancient History
- Medieval History
- Modern History
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- India after Independence till 1980
- History of Andhra Pradesh
- Important Events in History of Andhra Pradesh
- Types of Architecture and Painting in Andhra Pradesh
- Historical Monuments in Andhra Pradesh
The above list is not exhaustive and various topics can be included further. It gives the guidelines for the locus of preparation.
Constitution Polity, Social Justice and International Relations
This section of the APPSC Group 1 syllabus deals with the Indian polity and the constitutional developments took place in the establishment of Andhra Pradesh. Besides, Social justice topics will also be included. The International relation has the current orientation also. The topics will include
- Indian Constitution
- Recent Legislations passed/introduced in India and Andhra Pradesh
- Important Acts passed by India and Andhra Pradesh government
- Social Justice Topics such as child labor, women empowerment
- International relations of India with the neighbors and the superpowers
Indian Economy and the Economy of Andhra Pradesh
This section of the APPSC Group 1 Syllabus includes all the topics related to the economic activities in Indian and Andhra Pradesh. The topics will include
- Indian Economy
- Macro Economics
- Micro Economics
- Recent Budget
- Economic Survey
- Banking System in India
- Economic pillars of the Andhra Pradesh’s Economy
- Andhra Pradesh’s Budget
- Planning in India
- Five Year Plans
- Niti Aayog
Status and Special Assistance- Controversy – Government’s stand and measure.
The Geography section in the APPSC Group 1 syllabus can give advantage to the candidates as the major focus will be on Andhra Pradesh. The topic will include
- Physical Geography
- Important Physical feature of India
- World Geography
- Physical features of Andhra Pradesh
- Demography of Andhra Pradesh
- Demography of India
General Aptitude Paper
The General Aptitude paper is a dynamic paper and it has the current orientations. In addition to maths and administrative abilities, it includes topics from Science and Technologies and Current events. The structure of the paper is as follows
|General Aptitude Section||Marks|
|General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities||60|
|Science and Technologies||30|
|Current events of National, International importance and Regional Importance||30|
The General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities
The General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities is the largest section of the second paper. It will include the topics from the following
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Number Series, Coding-Decoding.
- Problems Related to Relations.
- Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram.
- Problems based on Clocks, Calendar, and Age.
- Number system and order of Magnitude.
- Ratio, proportion, and variation.
- Central Tendencies – mean, median, mode — including weighted mean.
- Square, Square Root, Power and exponent, Cube Root, H.C.F., and L.C.M.
- Profit and loss, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest.
- Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed, and Distance.
- Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, cubes, and Cuboids.
- Lines, angels, and common geometrical figures — properties of transverse and parallel lines, properties of triangles, quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram, and rhombus.
- Introduction to algebra — simplification of weird symbols, BODMAS.
- Data interpretation, concepts of Probability, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency.
- Emotional Intelligence: Understanding and analyzing emotions, Dimensions of emotional intelligence, coping with emotions, empathy, and coping with stress.
- Social Intelligence, interpersonal skills, assessment of personality, Decision making, Critical thinking, problem-solving.
Science and Technology
- Science and Technology:
- Nature and Scope of Science & Technology
- The relevance of Science & Technology to the day to day life
- National Policy on Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Institutes and Organization in India promoting the integration of Science, Technology, and Innovation, their activities and contribution
- Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Nature and Scope of ICT
- ICT in day to day life
- ICT and Industry
- ICT and Governance – Various government schemes promoting the use of ICT, E-Governance programs and services
- Cyber Security Concerns – National Cyber Crime Policy.
- Technology in Space & Defence:
- Evolution of Indian Space Programme
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) — it’s activities and achievements
- Various Satellite Programmes — Satellites for Telecommunication, Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) Satellites
- Satellites for defense, Eduset or Satellites for academic purposes
- Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO)- vision, mission, and activities.
- Energy Requirement and Efficiency:
- India’s existing energy needs and deficit
- India’s Energy Resources and Dependence, Energy policy of India Government Policies and Programmes.
- Solar, Wind and Nuclear energy
- Environmental Science:
- Issues and concerns related to the environment
- Its legal aspects, policies, and treaties for the protection of the environment at the national and the international level
- Biodiversity- its importance and concerns; Climate Change, International Initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India’s commitment
- Forest and Wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India
- Environmental Hazards, pollution, carbon emission, Global warming. National Action plans on Climate Change and Disaster management.
- Biotechnology and Nanotechnology
- Nature, Scope, and application
- Ethical, Social, and Legal Issues, Government Policies.
- Genetic Engineering; Issues related to it and its impact on human life.
- Health & Environment.
Current Events of Regional, National and International Importance
The current events of regional, national, and international importance is a very large section and the number of topics is very large in number. The candidates can also though the current affairs tab of this blog to prepare for the APPSC Group 1 exam.
APPSC Notes in Telugu – Download Free PDF (To be Updated)
Given below are PDF Notes on various topics discussed in this blog. More notes will be added soon. Keep visiting this blog for further updates.
|Sl.No||Topic||PDF Download link|
|1.||Indian Satellite System||Indian_Satellite_System.PDF|