APSET 2020 notification has been released by Andhra University Visakhapatnam on 14th August, 2020 on their official website. The AP State Eligibility Test (SET) is held to recruit candidates for various Lecturer/Assistant Professor posts in the colleges and universities in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Candidates meeting the required eligibility conditions can apply online. Here, we will discuss about APSET 2020 notification in detail.
APSET Notification 2020 – Overview
|Name of the Exam||APSET|
|Notification released on||09 August, 2020|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
APSET Notification 2020 – Exam Date
Andhra University, Visakhapatnam has re-scheduled the last date for submission of online application without late fee of APSET 2020 upto 5th October 2020, which was before scheduled on 19th September 2020. The APSET 2020 examination is also postponed to 20th December 2020, which was initially scheduled to be held on 06th December, 2020. The revised schedule for the APSET 2020 exam is available at the official website, apset.net.in.
|Date of submission Online registration||14 Aug 2020|
|Last date of online without late fee for APSET 2020||5th October 2020|
|Date of examination||20th December 2020.|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||12th December 2020|
APSET 2020 Application Fee
|For OC / EWS Category Candidates||₹ 1200/- + Convenience Charges|
|For BC-A,BC-B,BC-C,BC-D,BC-E Category Candidates||₹ 1000/- + Convenience Charges|
|For SC/ST/PWD/Transgender||₹ 700/- + Convenience Charges|
APSET 2020 – Vacancy
Every year Andhra Pradesh university recruits eligible candidates for various Lecturer / Assistant Professor vacancies in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
|Post||No. of Vacancy|
APSET Notification 2020 – Apply Online
Step by Step Procedure to apply online
- Login to official website of APSET, https://apset.net.in/. Before applying for APSET 2020 candidates must verify their eligibility.
- Click on the Register link to register for Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2020.
- Fill in all the required information and enter a password of your choice. Please note down the password along with the registered email id, to login and complete your registration process.
- Verify the details filled in the online applications like Candidate Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and Mobile number before submission, as details cannot be changed once submitted.
- A confirmation message will be displayed on your screen and an email will be sent to the registered email id.
- Click on the “Make Payment” link and continue to make the application fee payment.
- Fill in the remaining details i.e. educational qualification, choice of examination centre etc. and click “Submit” tab.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format only. File size of the Photograph should be between 15kb to 50kb, Signature should be between 5kb to 20kb.
- Take a print of your filled in Application form generated, for your records and future reference.
APSET 2020 Eligibility
(i) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible.
(ii) Candidates belonging to the Backward Classes (BC) /Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Transgender/persons with disability (PwD) category secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
(iii) Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree / equivalent course/ candidates appeared for or awaiting their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination result / candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
(iv) Candidates belonging to the transgender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for SET (i.e. Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories.
(v) The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
(vi) Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of SET subjects may appear in a related subject.
(vi) The candidates who have qualified earlier in APSET /UGC NET are not eligible to apply in the same subject they qualified.
There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for test.
APSET Notification 2020 – Selection Process
APSET 2020 Selection process involves-
- Written Examination
APSET 2020 Exam Pattern
APSET 2020 written examination shall comprise of 2 papers i.e, Paper I & Paper II of objective type questions. Paper- I will be common for all candidates appearing for APSET will be bilingual (English and Telugu). There is no negative marking.
Paper – II will comprise of following subjects –
e) Political Science
f) Public Administration and
g) Sociology will be bilingual (English and Telugu).
NB:- All the remaining papers are in English only except Hindi, Sanskrit, Telugu and Urdu.
Tabulated below is the exam pattern of APSET 2020-
|Paper||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Medium||Duration|
|Paper I||50||100||English/ Telugu||1 Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST|
|Paper II||100||200||English / Telugu||2 Hours (10:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) IST|
Other Important Links-
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams