Table of Contents
Preparations are very important for success in every examination! Nowadays the competition is really tough and the success relies on one’s ability to score in all areas. Especially in the preliminary phase, the inevitable screening session of all competitive exams, speed, and accuracy is very much essential. The syllabus to be completed is the same for all candidates’ who have applied for the exam. Then too why some of them fail to reach the cut-off? There lies the importance of Exam Preparation. So, in this article, we discuss the Best Books for APPSC Panchayat Secretary and some useful preparation tips to crack the exam.
APPSC Panchayat Secretary Grade V: Notification Details
|Name of Organization||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Number of vacancies||7040|
|Salary Scale||Rs.15,030 – 46,060|
|Notification Date and
Application commencing date
|Last date for submitting the Application||10.08.2019|
|Preliminary Exam Date||1st September 2019.|
|Result of Preliminary Exam||Will be Updated|
|Interview Dates||Will be Updated|
Panchayat Secretary: Qualifications
(as on 01.07.2019)
|General Men||18 – 37 years|
|EWS/EBC /GEN Women/||40 Years|
|SC/ST Men and Women||42 Years|
Graduate degree from any University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, State Act or a Provincial Act or an Institution recognized by the UGC.
- Before applying for the AP Panchayat Secretary Grade V post, the applicant shall register his/her bio-data particulars through One Time Profile Registration (OTPR) on the Official Website.
- Aspirants should register with a valid e-mail ID and mobile phone number. Because, after the registration, the User ID generated will be sent to this registered e-mail ID and mobile number.
- The candidate now can apply for the post using this OTPR user ID and password through the above-mentioned website.
- Submit the required details and make the fee payment according to your category.
- The applicate should frequently visit the website to keep updated until completion of the recruitment process.
- The exam selection process is having a preliminary test and interview.
- Preliminary Exam has two papers, viz, General Studies and Mental Ability and History, Economy, Geography, Politics.
- The exam duration is about 150 minutes and in a total of 150 marks.
Panchayat Secretary Grade V: Exam Syllabus
Paper A: General Studies and Mental Ability
- General mental ability and reasoning.
- Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation.
- Comprehension – Telugu & English.
- General English.
- Basic Computer Knowledge.
- Current affairs of regional, national and international importance.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary development in science and Technology and Information Technology.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection.
Paper B: History, Economy, Geography, Politics
- History & Culture of India with a specific focus on AP.
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, 73/74th Amendments, public policy, reforms ad center– state relations with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
- Economy and Planning in India with emphasis on Andhra- Pradesh.
- Society, Social justice, rights issues.
- Physical geography of the Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and it’s Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political and legal implications/problems.
- Key welfare & development schemes of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Women empowerment and economic development through self-help grounds/community-based organizations with a focus on weaker sections.
Best Books for APPSC Panchayat Secretary
|Indian Administration – Himalaya Publishing House||Aravind S.|
|Working Democratic Constitution: The Indian Experience||Austin Graneille|
|The Constitution of India, Government of India|
|Advanced History of India||R.C. Majumdar – Raya Choudhari & Datta|
| Culture and Ideology in Colonial India.
|Social and Religious Reform Movement in India.
|Indian Feudalism – Comprehensive History of India||R.S. Sarma|
|History of India – Vol. I & II.
|Medieval Movements in India.
|Mughul Rule in India.
|Indian Economy: Environment & Policy, Sultan Chand||J.C. Dhingra|
|Govt. of A.P. Human Development Report 2007||A.P. CESS, Begumpet, Hyderabad, 2008|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Panden – BSC Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal – S. Chand & Co|
|The Andhras through the Ages||K. Balendu Sekharan|
|Objective Computer Awareness||R. Pillai, Arihant Publications|
|Objective Computer Awareness||Somya Ranjan Behera|
|Objective Questions on Computer Awareness for Competitive Exams||Arihant Experts|
|General Science||Lucent and Arihant|
|Kodali Bhavani Sankar 2018|
|Disaster Management||Vivana Publications
|Andhra Pradesh History||Jogi Naidu
|PPSC General Studies and Mental Ability 2018 – 2015 Top 59 Previous Papers||AVijeta Competitions Editorial Board
|APPSC Group-2 Social And Cultural History Of Andhra Pradesh Screening Test Section-B Mains Paper-2||Vijeta
|APPSC Panchayat Secretary Rural Development (Screening Test & Mains Exam)||Competitions Editorial Board Winners|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal 2018
|Environment and Sustainability [TELUGU MEDIUM ]||Winner Publications|
|Disaster Management [TELUGU MEDIUM ]||Dr. P V Lakshmaiah|
|AP Panchayat Secretary||Priyanka Prakashan|
|Geography||M.C. Reddy Publications|
|General Studies||Arihant Publications|
|Andhra Pradesh Economy||G B K Publications|
These are the list of books for reference. Start preparations by understanding the concepts of topics, in-depth. Analyze your study by attempting mock exams. Entri comes up with a large number of mock tests for various exams. Select your exam category, subscribe and practice towards success. Entri wishes all aspirants good luck!