Table of Contents
Every year the Indian Air Force conducts a recruitment procedure AFCAT or Air Force Common Admission Test for aspirants who wants to grow to be a part of the IAF. The opportunity is provided twice every year for recruiting candidates for the upcoming academic year. The recruitment process is conducted to hire applicants to 3 different branches which are Flying Branch, Ground Duty – Technical and Non-technical branch. Almost 317 vacancies are open this year for which a million aspirants participate. Cracking AFCAT is not a smooth process as it appears however it is possible with the right way of planning the study and putting in a lot of dedication. Selecting the right material of study becomes the next vital step while preparing for AFCAT. A huge range of books from different publishers are available currently which is why picking the right book becomes a perplexing challenge for the aspirants.
AFCAT 2022 – Exam Pattern and Syllabus
In this article, we will be giving you proper knowledge on the best books available in the market for AFCAT 2022 preparation. Read more to get the list of best books for AFCAT 2022. This will help you get an edge to stay ahead in the examination. Make sure that you also attend a maximum number of mock tests and previous years question papers as much as possible. The exam involves 3 stages, the first being the AFCAT written test. The candidate clearing the written test will go through the second stage which is the AFSB Interview. The candidates applying for the flying branch will ought to go through a CPSS or Computerised Pilot Selection System Test. The candidates clearing the second stage will undergo a medical test. In the end, a merit list will be released according to the valuation on the written test and the interview.
The exam comprises two papers, AFCAT and EKT for candidates applying for technical posts. Duration for the AFCAT paper is 120 min wherein 100 questions are to be answered. The EKT paper for the technical post contains 50 questions for a test duration of 45 min.
AFCAT Consists of Subsequent Sections :
- General Awareness
- Verbal Ability in English
- Numerical Ability and Reasoning
- Military Aptitude Test
EKT Consists of Subsequent Sections :
- Computer science
- Electronics and communication
Each right answer carries +3 marks and -1 for a wrong answer. There will be no negative marking for unanswered questions.
AFCAT 2022 – List of Books
To ace the examination the first step to take is finding the right book out of a plethora of books for AFCAT preparation. See the list provided below to know the best book for AFCAT 2022 preparation.
- AFCAT for Flying, Technical & Ground Duty Branch with Solved Papers – Arihant Publication
- AFCAT Solved Papers and Practice Sets – Arihant Publication
- AFCAT: The First Step – DDE Defence Direct Education
- Study Guide to AFCAT – Disha Experts
- AFCAT Topic-Wise Solved Papers – Disha Experts
- Let’s Crack AFCAT – Air Force Common Admission Test – SSB Crack
- AFCAT Self Study Guide-cum-Practice Work Book – Kiran Prakashan
- SSB Interview: The Complete Guide – Dr N.K. Natarajan
AFCAT 2022 – List of Books per Topic
- Manorama Year Book – Malayala Manorama
- General Knowledge – Lucent
Verbal Ability in English
- Objective General English – R.S. Aggarwal
- Verbal Reasoning – Bhupendra Kumar Singh
Numerical Ability and Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation – Disha Experts
- Objective Arithmetic – S Chand
Military Aptitude Test
- Quantitative Aptitude – S. Chand
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Aggarwal
AFCAT 2022 – Preparation Tips
AFCAT is one among the most competitive exams which can be cleared only with a massive amount of dedication and appropriate preparation. There are a lot of key factors which should be taken into consideration whilst preparing for AFCAT 2022. Let’s go through them in this article.
- Knowing the exam pattern, keeping a note on the important dates and familiarising the syllabus is the most important part.
- Preparing a proper study plan covering the exam syllabus and also assigning additional time for the revision will be of great help to ace the test. Keep up with the timetable sincerely.
- Attending repeated mock tests every day will boost the confidence in the candidate as well as give them an idea of the area which they should put in more focus and attention.
- Practice! The more you practice, the better you will be at facing the test. Keep practicing the previous years question papers. Practicing will help you familiarise with the pattern of questions asked and will thus build confidence.
- Read newspapers and current affairs magazines to excel in the general knowledge section of the test. Keep yourself up to date on the social, political, economical and geographical news in India and across the globe.
- Always choose the right study material. Select the books from well known and reputed authors and get the latest edition of it.
- Never forget to give your mind, body and brain the time to relax. Always take short breaks in between the preparation.
- Have an idea about which section to answer first. It is always better to answer the easy section later but that again depends on the candidate.
- Keep your dreams alive. Understand achieving anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication.
- Make sure you prepare for the interview rounds too. Going through different videos of AFCAT Interview questions will help you understand the pattern of questions asked.
- Make sure you are physically fit for the post.
The different sections of the AFCAT are given below. IAF has commenced all the important dates for AFCAT 2022 through the notification posted on !st of December 2021. This recruitment process is to select candidates for the course commencing in January 2023. There are various vacancies available for the candidates to be part of one of the most dignified and coveted jobs of the nation. AFCAT 2022 examination is scheduled for the month of February 2022. Entri wishes all the very best for AFCAT 2022.