Table of Contents
Every year, millions of students complete their higher secondary education in various streams. The students are exposed to a sea of career options and are confused what to opt. It is extremely important to choose the right field as this gives the students an ooportunity to sharpen their skills and excel in the field they are interested in. It should also fetch a handsome salary.Students can choose from any wide range of degree, diploma, and certificate programs.
Students can apply for various ungerdraduate programmes by scoring the qualifying mark. This varies form university to university. Some courses like BTech, BE, BArch, MBBD, BDS, etc. require the performance of entrance exams. Some well-known entrance exams for admission to the ug programs are NATA, JEE Mains, IPU CET, etc.
This article gives a detailed information about the career choice and courses to pursue for various streams. Students should do a comprehensive research on the available career options which aligns with their interest.
Career Options After 12th
Arts students have huge employment opportunities and courses accessible following higher secondary examination.
- Content writer
- Executive Assistant
- Human Resource Manager(HR)
- Professional Dancer/ Singers
- Art Directors
- Creative Writers
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Conference Centre Executive
- Marketing Managers
- Market Research Analyst
- Advertising Executive
- Human Resources Managers(HR)
- Sales and Marketing executives
- Company Secretary
- Legal Advisor
- Litigation Lawyer
- Fashion Designer
- Design Manager
- Fashion Stylist
- Hotel Manager
- Event Planner
- Event Manager
- Wedding Planner
- Social Worker
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Family Counsellors
- Political scientist
- Political consultant
- Graphic Designer
- Multimedia Programmer
Engineering and medical science are the most commopn choice for those who have opted for the science stream. Apart from these, there are several options open to these students. Optometry, pharmacy, forensic science, microbiology, aeronautics, pilot, data scientist etc are some of the other available options.
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Computer Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Marine Engineers
If you have a bio-math combination, you can opt for various interdisciplinary options besides basic sciences and its allied fields. Some of them are listed below:
- Biomedical engineering
- Healthcare data mining
- Cognitive neuroscience and artificial intelligence
- Internet of things and smart wearable technology
Students who have completed higher secondary in commerce field have a variety of options such as banking, finance, and insurance. The field of commerce offers students high-paying employment opportunities. It also provides a varied range of job choices.
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Chartered Accountant
- Actuarial Science
- Business and data analysis
- Advertising and sales management
- Management consultancy
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Tax Auditor and Consultant
- Government Jobs
- Cost and Management Accountant
Course to Choose After 12th
- Sociology – A degree in sociology will help to lead a career in social work, research, or teaching. It can also provide a foundation for careers in law, medicine, or business.
- Bachelor of Economics – The BE degree is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in economic principles and their applications.
- BSc in Design – This course is a combination of design and technology
- Political Science -This degree can lead to a career in politics, government, or public policy and also prepares students for a degree in law, business, or education career.
- Bachelors of Arts – It is a study in a liberal arts or social sciences program.
- Bachelor of Social Work – This prepares students for professional social work practice.
- Bachelor in Event Management – This can lead to a career in various event related fields, like wedding planning, corporate event planning, and event marketing.
- Bachelors of Fine Arts (B.F.A) – This program focuses on Fine Arts.
- BA in Animation – It is a practice-led course, enabling you to choose one of two specialist pathways: Experimental and Character.
- Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) – It is a course that includes the study of different channels of communication such as newspapers, television, radio, and internet.
- Bachelor in Fashion Designing – This course provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the fashion industry.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management – It equips students with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in the hotel industry.
- Bachelor of Retail Management (BRM) – This course will help you acquire broad based business skills with specific retail expertise.
- Bachelors of Journalism and Mass Communication – This course prepares students for a career in journalism, with a focus on writing, reporting, and editing for news media.
- BA LLB – It is a five-year integrated course which includes a Bachelor of Arts and a degree in law.
- BBA LLB – It is a five-year integrated course that enables a student to pursue a career in law or management or both.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) – The Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree is a three-year undergraduate degree program in commerce and business studies. The BCom degree program covers various aspects of commerce and business, such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and Information Technology.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) – designed for students who are interested in pursuing a career in accounting or finance.
- Chartered Accountancy – It is a professional accountant degree that has been granted chartered status by a regulatory body. The role of a Chartered Accountant is to provide financial and business advice to clients.
- Bachelor of Business Administration – International Business (BBA-IB) – This program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to be successful in today’s global business environment. It focuses on the development of cross-cultural understanding, global business knowledge, and international business skills.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – This is a four-year degree program that provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in business.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Financial Market (BFM) – This course is designed to provide students with a sound understanding of the financial markets, and how they work. The program is for students who wish to enter the financial sector
- Bachelor of Commerce in Banking and Insurance (BBI) – This provides students with a sound understanding of the banking and insurance sectors with a focus on the Indian context. It also help students to develop their analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor of Economics – The BE degree is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in economic principles and their applications. This degree covers a broad range of economic topics, including microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, and economic history.
- BCom Tourism & Travel Management – This program provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in the tourism and travel industry. –
- Master in Management (MIM) – It is a one or two-year program that focuses on marketing, accounting, or finance.
- MIS (Management Information Systems) – It is the study of people, technology, organizations, and the relationships among them. MIS is a people-oriented field with an emphasis on service through technology.
- PGDM (Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management) – It is a diploma course based on a blend of industry requirements and incorporates key features from AICTE’s (All India Council for Technical Education) model curriculum.
If you have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) at the 10+2 level, you have the following options:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Medical Lab Technology
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. AH)
- Physiotherapy (BPT) or Occupational Therapy (BOT)
- B.Tech/ BE in Biotechnology
- B.Sc. in Agriculture and Environment Science
- B.Sc. Home Science/ Forensic Science
- B.Sc. Nursing
- Diploma courses in operation theatre technology, medical laboratory, x-ray technology, etc.
If you have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCm) at the 10+2 level, you have the following options:
- B.Tech/BE degree
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- BA in English
With all the options available, choosing a promising career might be a challenging task in today’s era. Students should delve deep to identify their interest and come up with the best career option, which will determine your area of interest and that would definitely land you a good job.