Table of Contents
UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is noted to be a national level exam which is operated by NTA (National testing Agency) on behalf of the University Grants Commission. It is for approving the eligibility of aspirants for the respective posts of ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘Junior Research Fellowship’.
The UGC NET 2022 online registrations and application shall begin in March 2022 on the official website after the release of the official announcement.
Reading Comprehension – UGC NET
Reading comprehension in UGC NET Paper 1 is not as hard as it sounds. Good practice and some tricks can help you to proficient in this topic.
The Reading Comprehension topic contains 10 marks and 5 questions. Answering these questions correctly can bring you closer to your goal of qualifying for the UGC NET. So, here we will research the approach, and strategize to score better in this section.
Reading Comprehension is the capability to read and comprehend the essence of the text. Reading Comprehension in UGC NET is desired at testing the candidate’s knowledge of two components i.e., Vocabulary and Text comprehension.
Here, we have shared the complete details of Reading Comprehension for UGC NET like syllabus, notes, and more.
Reading Comprehension Syllabus for 2022 UGC NET Paper 1
Reading Comprehension Syllabus contains:
- Comprehension topics and there is a passage of text will be given.
- Mostly 5 Questions will be requested to answer from the passage.
- Reading comprehension-based questions are regularly asked not only in NET exams but also in different competitive examinations.
NET aspirants feel it hard to solve the question based on Reading Comprehension in the Paper 1 examination. The most shared reason behind this is that the passage asked in the examination is mainly on the topics which we are not expected and they also contain some hidden justification. They also contain the contextual connotation that students are not capable to identify in the given time.
Comprehension Study Notes
Here, through the Entri Learning App, you can find the important UGC NET Comprehension Notes. It is good that you have to read the questions first and then read the passage, you will easily find the answers within it. Also, find different crucial strategies connected to UGC NET Reading Comprehension.
English Section Strategy
- You should know that cracking English Reading Comprehension has become an inevitable aspect of almost every competitive Exam.
- You will discover a fairly simple structure of comprehension. It has a passage of approx. 300-500 words.
- It is taken from published material and mainly 5 questions are asked on this.
- These questions change in quality & content. They test our capability to read passages, comprehend their meaning, and criticize their strengths & weaknesses.
- A Comprehension passage includes multiple paragraphs, each containing a central idea which is illustrated with ideas & examples.
- The candidate should examine the passage with an open mind. There is no place for the reader’s view, premises, or prejudice.
The candidate should have adopted these measures if they have to get through the Reading Comprehension without breaking the ice.
- To get any passage you need to be a deep thinker you should learn how to associate with the words of the author.
- To improve it, read the editorial of the renowned newspaper daily which handles all aspects like the economy, sports, politics, terrorism, entertainment, etc.
- Just don’t read the passage solely but try to imagine it like a story and get the hold of the actual message of the passage and figure.
To Solve Reading Comprehension Tips and Tricks UGC NET Exam
- First thing first – Don’t bounce to read passages line by line or try to find the keywords based on the question. You ought to determine the background of the given passage and supporting items delivered by the author. The Motive of the given passage identification is an important task and once you are done with that your half task is done. Try to comprehend the substances and suggestions based on the factual data or support furnished in the given passage.
- The topic should be clear within the first 2-to to 3 sentences of the passage.
- Try to also discover and cite down the intention of the passage.
- Think assumptions based on Importance.
- Is question-based on Synonyms and Antonyms, these questions can be replied to if you have a good vocabulary, and if your vocabulary is not good you ought to follow the method of eliminating and not deciding to get the needed answer. You ought to look for the contextual meaning of the given word.
- You need to make sure that you are applying your understanding and knowledge if the question is drawing the inference.
- Negative & exception Question – This type of question is expected in the examination where you ought to recognize that which of the following options is not true or false according to the author.
- PQ or QP approach – many authors will state that don’t read the passage first read question rather while some will say read passage and then read the question. Both approaches have their benefits and drawbacks.
- Create the habit of Reading Editorials – if you keep practicing the trick of reading the editorial and rephrasing that in a few words will help you to solve passage questions easily.
The study notes provided here have connected all these topics and explained them in an easier way. Along with these notes, it is good to have practiced the UGC NET Reading Comprehension.
Apart from all these tips, it is very crucial to be confident and stay positive. Without that nothing can be accomplished. Stay clear and attain your goals.
The primary objective of UGC NET EXAM PAPER is to access the teaching and research quality of the candidates. Through this article, the Entri Learning App is desired at collecting all required details and UGC NET Paper 1 Notes for better study.