Table of Contents
Indian Railways is the fourth largest railway in the entire world by size. It works under the Ministry of Railways in the Indian Government. Established in 1853, the Indian Railway is one of the largest employers in the country. With this being said, let us talk about the various competitive examinations conducted to select candidates for eligible posts in the Railways. Commonly called as Railway exams, they are of many types. All of these examinations have a common section of the General Knowledge paper in the written examination paper. So, it is mandatory for any aspirant who wants to try their luck in the railway exam to be thorough in GK. In this article, Get to Know Easy GK Questions for Railway Exam Preparation. Come on Folks! Let us ace the preparation!
Important GK Questions for RRB Exam
To begin with, the Indian Railway conducts many recruitment examinations in order to fill the vacancies in its huge family. All of the recruitments are carried out by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) through proper procedures. Meanwhile the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts four major categories of examinations as given in the list below.
- RRB Junior Engineer (JE) Exam
- RRB Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Exam
- RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) Exam
- RRB Group D Exam/RRC Level 1 exam
As is the norm, any candidate with the necessary eligibility shall apply for the aspired post through the official portal as and when the notification arrives. When we check the exam pattern of most of the railway exams, all of them conduct a tier 1 computer based test for the recruitment of the candidates. In this stage, one thing that appears common is the General awareness or the General Knowledge section. This is indeed an inevitable part in the railway exams. Most of the time, this section boasts about 40 marks out of the total which is a huge share. Therefore, all the aspirants who are looking for a job in railways must keep themselves updated in the General Knowledge. It is deemed as one of the easiest sections in the question paper if you are an avid learner. Otherwise, this section will definitely prove to be the worst of all.
Railway GK Questions and Answers
As soon as you decide to take up the railway examination, familiarize yourself with the examination pattern . When you go through it, you will understand the importance of General Knowledge topics in the examination. Therefore, in the section alongside, we have included some of the important as well as frequented Railway GK Questions and Answers. Also, as icing on the cake, you will be able to download a free PDF of the Indian GK Questions for Railway Exam. Have a Read!
- Which state government has introduced the 5T program during COVID-19?
Answer: New Delhi
- Who is the author of the book named “Life of Pi”?
Answer: Yann Martel
- Where is India’s biggest Rail Engine factory?
Answer: Chittaranjan, Asansol, West Bengal
- Who discovered Big Bang Theory?
Answer: Georges Lemaître
- Who was the Founder of Indian National Congress?
Answer: Allan Octavian Hume (1885)
- Saddle Peak is situated in
Answer: Andaman Islands
- Chikankari Embroidery associated with which Place of India:
- IPL 2020 was hosted by which country?
- Who is the CEO of Microsoft?
Answer: Satya Nadella
- Smt Bindhya Basini Devi associated with?
Answer: Folk Art
- Gandhisagar Dam is on which river?
Answer: Chambal River
- Pokhran Test was held in which year?
- World Tuberculosis (TB) Day:
Answer: March 24
- Who was the First Lok Sabha Speaker:
Answer: Ganesh Vasudev Mavalankar
- Who is the writer of “Origin of Species”?
Answer: Charles Darwin
- First Woman Indian Railway Minister
Answer: Mamata Banerjee
- Which is the Largest fresh water lake in the world?
Answer: Lake Michigan–Huron
- Where did India first win the Olympic Hockey gold?
- Where is the headquarters of Amnesty International?
- Which human organ is most susceptible to harmful radiations?
- What is the quantity that remains unchanged in a transformer?
- When is World Population Day, recognized by the UN is observed?
Answer: July 11
- In which year was the Third Battle of Panipat fought?
- By what name is the Ganga known in Bangladesh?
- By whom is the Annual Financial Statement caused to be laid before both the Houses of Parliament?
- What is the commonly used unit for measuring the speed of data transmission?
Answer: Bits per second
- Who started the newspaper called the “Voice of India”?
Answer: Dababhai Naoroji
- Which State of India has the largest reserves of monazite, with a high thorium content?
- Who has scored the most runs in a one-day International Cricket Innings?
Answer: Virendra Sehwag
- The famous Petronas Twin Towers are located in which country?
- Which is the largest island?
- What is the period of revolution of a geostationary satellite?
Answer: 24 hours
- In the history of the freedom movement of India, the year 1930 is associated with which event?
Answer: Dandi March
- Which of Indian bird has been included in the world conservation list?
- Where is the Central Food Technology Research Institute situated?
- Where is the Securities and Exchange Board of India located?
- Which planet is known as ‘Morning Star’?
- Who built the famous Dilwara temple at Mount Abu in the 13th century?
- Which place is known as the ‘Mecca of Indian Football’?
- What is the maximum permissible period between two sessions of a State Legislative Assembly?
Answer: Six months
- By whom was ltmad-ud-daula’s tomb at Agra was built?
Answer: Nur Jahan
- Who is the Father of local self – government in India?
Answer: Lord Rippon
- BCG vaccination (Bacillus Calmette Guerine) is injected to get immunity from which disease?
- Which country has the longest international boundary with India?
- Which sports personality is known as the Payyoli Express?
Answer: P T Usha
- What are tropical cyclones of the Bay of Bengal usually called?
- In India, who was the first to put forward the theory that the earth revolves around the sun?
- Feroz Gandhi Award, is given for outstanding performance in which field?
- The Konkan Coast stretches between which regions?
Answer: Goa and Cochin
- On which date does Summer Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere occur?
Answer: December, 22
Railway GK Questions PDF Download
So, to help all the aspiring candidates out there, we have accumulated the PDF file of the most important Railway GK Questions and Answers. So, download it from the link mentioned below.
Top Questions about Indian Railways
In this section of the article, we will share with our readers some of the most frequently asked questions about Indian Railways. Never miss out this opportunity to enhance your General Knowledge.
1.Between which of the destinations the first Indian train was started?
Answer: From Mumbai to Thane
2.What is the position of the Indian Railway in the world according to the length of rail lines?
3. The headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is
Answer: Maligaon (Guwahati)
4. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering Institute situated?
5. The largest national enterprise of India is
Answer: Indian Railway
6. Where is the wheel and axle plant of Indian Railways situated?
7. When was the North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established?
Answer: 15th Jan, 1958
8. In which Governor-General’s reign railway lines in India was established?
Answer: Lord Dalhousie
9. When was the nationalization of Indian Railways done?
10. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
11. Which state has flagged off the country’s first fruit train?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
12. Which Metro Rail has become the country’s second largest operational metro project?
13. The Indian Railways has started the Him Darshan Express train between Kalka and __________ stations?
14. Indian railways has installed the first ever ‘Atmospheric Water Generator’ kiosk named Meghdoot at which railway station?
15. Which railway station has been conferred with ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with the five-star rating by FSSAI?
Answer: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
16. Railway Staff College is situated at
17. The third private train of the IRCTC would run between Indore and which city?
18. The shuttle train service between Lahore and Wagah railway station has resumed operation after a gap of how many years?
Answer: 22 years
19. The railway station situated in the extreme south is
20. Station where the rail lines end, is called
Answer: Terminal Station
Railway GK Quiz Time !
In the preceding sections, we have come across various questions that are commonly asked in the railway examinations in India. So, why not attempt a Free Railway GK Quiz before we wind up! We have tried to include the most important of the Indian GK Questions asked for railway examination in this quiz! So, happy quizzing !
We hope that this article on GK Questions for Railway Exam was useful to all of you. We have taken care to include the answers as well as PDF for the learners. Stay focused and continue your preparations until you reach the goal. Good Luck Peeps!