Table of Contents
The foundation stone for six national highway projects in Indore, Madhyapradesh was laid by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari. During the event, the Minister stated that the launched project will improve the inter and intra-state connectivity in Madhya Pradesh.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari together with Madhya Pradesh CM Shivaraj Singh Chauhan inaugurated the initiated project with a single click of remote in the programme. State Public Works Department Minister Gopal Bhargava was also present in the inaugural ceremony.
Addressing the programme virtually, Minister of State, General VK Singh said, roads in Madhya Pradesh have developed at an unrivalled place for the last seven years. All 52 districts of the state have been connected by National Highway. In these seven years, 4,500 km of roads have been constructed in the State at a cost of more than 26,000 crores. Addressing the occassion, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan demanded 20 flyovers and Road over bridges (ROB) for the State. Shri Gadkari approved these projects under the Setu Bharatam scheme worth Rs 16,000 crore.
Six National Highway Projects Launched In MP – Highlights
These road projects will strengthen centrally located Madhya Pradesh’s connectivity with its border states like Maharashtra and other south Indian states. The key focus of these projects will be Indore and its nearby areas.
- As per the details, a four lane road will be constructed between Tejaji Nagar in Indore to Balwara that will lie in the Indore-Burhanpur section.
- Along with this, a four lane road in the Indore-Raghogharh route that will lie in the Indore-Harda section and a six lane fly over in the Indore’s Rau circle will also be built to increase intra-state connectivity.
- The programme also marked the MoU agreement between Madhya Pradesh Road Development Corporation Limited and National Highways Authority of India for the development of 14 rope-way projects in selected places of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Minister also addressed during the inaugral ceremony regarding the the use of cheap fuel to adopt Green Hydrogen, Ethanol, Bio-CNG in place of expensive fuels like petrol and diesel, only then the smooth implementation of future plans will be possible.
Six National Highway Projects Launched In MP – Key Features
- Shri Nitin Gadkari said that the Rau Circle traffic problem will be solved and that things would become less congested. Craftspeople, students, and businesspeople in the surrounding areas will have increased chances with simple access from Indore.
- The villages in the Indore-Harda segment will be better connected to Indore. He stated that the expansion of the Dhar-Pithampur Industrial Corridor would result in more employment opportunities.
- According to the Minister, travel times between Tejaji Nagar (Indore) and Burhanpur and Indore and Harda will be shortened, saving fuel. He claimed that travellers heading to Omkareshwar and Khandwa will have easy access to the routes.
- According to him, it will be simpler for agricultural products to reach the major market with improved connectivity to the agricultural markets.
- The State Government and NHAI signed a memorandum of understanding during this initiative to build ropeways at 14 designated locations in Madhya Pradesh.
Those candidates who wish to participate in any of the competitive exams should keep in mind the importance of finding the perfect learning partner for them to crack the competitive exams stress-free. The stress-free learning methodology adopted by the Entri Team can help the candidates to study at their perfect comfort. The candidates can choose the best options to make their learning more fruitful. The Entri App can help the candidates to find the best materials and sources within a limited period. The candidates can relax and boost their performance potential by following the lead of Entry. Entry App can make your learning a better process and can be a perfect learning partner for your lifelong learning process.