Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination is conducted for the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Arts, Commerce and Science and for the recruitment to certain technical positions under the central government. The recruitment is conducted for the recruitment of eligible candidates to various teaching posts under the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) and the examination is conducted every year. Candidates who are interested in appearing for the examination should make their applications online and the examination for the year 2022 is scheduled by the commission to be conducted from February 5, 6, 12, and 13, 2022. To score a good position in the rank list, it is very necessary that the candidates who are applying for the post have complete knowledge regarding the post, GATE Syllabus 2022, and the Exam pattern of the examination. The selection process followed by the commission in a recruitment examination is a very crucial part of exam preparation. Here are the details that the candidates have to know Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination pattern 2022 and the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2022 Syllabus and how to prepare strategically for the examination.
GATE Exam Date 2022
|Online Application Process Starts||2nd September 2021|
|Last Date of Application Process||24th September 2021|
|Last Date of Extended Period for Online Application (with late fee)||1st October 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, Paper, and Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||12th November 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||3rd January 2022|
|GATE Exam Date||5th, 6th, 12th, 13th February 2022|
|Declaration of Results||17th March 2022|
GATE Exam Pattern 2022
- GATE examination I 2022 will be following an MCQ style examination for the subject that the candidate opts for at the time of registration.
- The examination will be a computer-based test and will be conducted through online methods.
- There are two sections for the GATE 2022 examination and the two sections are:
- General Aptitude
- Candidate opted subject
- All of the questions will be worth 1 or 2 marks
- Negative Marking is present in the examination. Two types of MCQs:
- MCQs – 1 mark for each correct answer, 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- MCQs – 2 marks for each correct answer, 2/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response. There are no negative marking for Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
- NO negative marking for MSQ & NAT
- The total marks of the examination will be 100.
GATE Marking Scheme 2022
Here is the table that shows the detailed marking scheme of GATE 2022 as per the subjects.
|AE, AR, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, NM, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST and BM||15||85||100|
|GATE GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1: Geology OR Section 2: Geophysics)]||15||25 + 60||100|
|AR [Part A + Part B1 or B2 (B1: Architecture or B2: Planning)]||15||25 + 60||100|
|GE [Part A + Part B (Section I or Section II)||15||55 + 30||100|
|GATE XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100|
|GATE XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100|
|GATE XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100|
- The GATE Exam for 2022 will be conducted in Online methods.
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) which will take place at the selected centers across the country.
- The exam will have a mix of NAT (Numerical Answer Type), MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQ (Multiple Select Questions)
- Candidates will be asked 65 questions and have to answer the questions within a duration of 3 hours.
- There will be a Negative Marking of 1/3 rd for 1 mark MCQ questions.
- There will be a negative marking of 2/3rd for 2 mark MCQ questions.
- The GATE Exam is conducted on a total of 100 marks.
- There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in MSQ and NAT questions. However, there is NO partial credit also.
- In all papers, GA questions carry a total of 15 marks which includes 5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks each making the total of 15 marks.
- Question Papers other than AR, GE, GG, XE, XH, and XL will have 25 questions carrying 1-mark each and 30 questions of 2 marks each.
GATE Syllabus 2022
GATE examination is one of the biggest and most participated examinations conducted in the country. The examination is conducted for the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and post-graduate level subjects in Arts, Commerce, and Science and for the recruitment to certain technical positions under the central government. Since the examination is conducted for various subjects and candidates can choose the subject in their interest and expertise, here is the detailed information regarding the GATE 2022 Syllabus for various subjects.
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||Click here to download|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||Click here to download|
|Biotechnology (BT)||Click here to download|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Click here to download|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||Click here to download|
|Computer Science (CS) and Information Technology (IT)||Click here to download|
|Chemistry (CY)||Click here to download|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)||Click here to download|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Click here to download|
|Ecology and Evolution (EY)||Click here to download|
|Geology and Geophysics (GG)|
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||Click here to download|
|Mathematics (MA)||Click here to download|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Click here to download|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||Click here to download|
|Metallurgical Engineering (MT)||Click here to download|
|Petroleum Engineering (PE)||Click here to download|
|Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)||Click here to download|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)||Click here to download|
|Statistics (ST)||Click here to download|
|Biomedical Engineering (BM)||Click here to download|
|Engineering Sciences Syllabus (XE)||Click here to download|
|Life Sciences (XL)||Click here to download|
|Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||Click here to download|
|Geomatics Engineering (GE)||Click here to download|
|Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)||Click here to download|
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Entri App provides you with the best preparation opportunities for your dream job. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.