A Regional Transport Officer is appointed under the Motor Vehicles act, 1988 which has been established under section 213(1). It is applicable across the country as it is at a central level. The Transport Commissioner of the State leads this department. In this blog we will discuss on the steps you need to follow to become a Regional Transport Officer In AP
In order to become a Regional Transport Officer, one has to clear the APPSC Group 1 Examination. Andra Pradesh Public Service Commission(APPSC) has invited applications from the eligible graduates to the state’s most prestigious APPSC Group-01 2019 service. 169 vacant positions are reported across the state including both fresh vacancies and carry forward ones. Interested candidates should submit their applications through APPSC official website.
Regional Transport Officer In AP: Procedure to fill up the form
- The first time applicants for any notification has to first fill the OTPR
application carefully to obtain OTPR ID. Click Here For APPSC website
- The candidates have to login into the Commission’s website with the OTPR and the Password set by them.
- Click on the “Online Application Submission” present in the bottom right corner of the Commission’s website.
- Click on the payment link against the Notification Number that he wants to apply.
After the successful, payment reference ID is generated. The applicant should provide the payment reference Id along with the other personal details to complete their application.
- Correction in the application form will be enabled for a particular time window.
- The applicant must pay Rs. 250/ towards application processing fee and Rs 120/-towards examination fee. Reservation eligible candidates are exempted from the examination fees.
Regional Transport Officer In AP: Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for a Regional Transport Officer Age as on 01/07/2018 is 18-34 years.
Regional Transport Officer In AP: Age Relaxation
Five years age relaxation for A.P. State Government Employees (Employees of APSEB, APSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities, etc. are not eligible) – 5 Years maximum based on the length of regular service.
Regional Transport Officer In AP: Educational Qualification
A Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University in India established or
incorporated by or under Central Act, Provincial Act, a State Act or an
an institution recognized by the U.G.C. or an equivalent qualification.
Get free mock test for PSC Exams!
Regional Transport Officer In AP: Functions of a Transport Officer
- A Regional Transport Officer has to Enforce the provisions of the various acts of Motor Vehicles, the central motor vehicles rules and the state motor vehicle rules as which are being implemented by the government of India over the years.
- He/she has to ensure full growth and development of road transport through the management of permits and all other activities related to the Transport Department.
- A Regional Transport Officer has the duty to collect and charge tax as per the provisions of the vehicles act
Regional Transport Officer In Andra Pradesh: Duties and Job Roles
- The registration of vehicles has to be done.
- Motor vehicle tax collection should be collected from all defaulters.
- A Regional Transport Officer can Issue licenses for public transit
- They have the responsibility to conduct a driving test and issue Learner’s and Permanent driver’s license and renewing the same.
- The Job also requires the candidate to maintain a database of registered vehicles
- They can pass the approval for vehicle transfer and registration of mortgage transactions.
- They need to ensure and Maintain a proper check on the validity of Insurance on motor vehicles.
- A Regional Transport Officer does the mechanical inspection of accidental vehicles
- Transport Officer can grant a certificate of fitness to transport vehicles
- Responsible for issuing badges to the drivers of public services vehicles like Auto rickshaws and Taxis
- Handles Issues related to International driving permits.
Regional Transport Officer In Andra Pradesh: Payscale
A Regional Transport Officer in AP receives a pay of 37,100-91,450/- per month throughout his service.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope your idea of joining into any of the above organization is clearer now. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves improve your success rate.