Table of Contents
Migrating to Australia is a dream for many. The country has ample opportunities in terms of career and education. According to the surveys conducted by the Economist newspaper, multiple Australian cities are consistently featured on the list every year as some of the best cities to live in the world. The country boasts of high wages, a great work – life balance, low crime rates, inclusive healthcare systems etc.
Australia is the true definition of multicultural as a significant portion of the Australian population were either born overseas or have a parent that is not an Australian citizen by birth. A big advantage for migrants moving to Australia is the fact that the Government recognizes dual citizenship. Children born to permanent residents in Australia can apply for citizenship even if their parents do not yet qualify.
For most people, the only way to move to Australia is getting a job offer from an Australian company and then applying for a work visa or or getting a PR (Permanent Residence). Many Australian work visas are issued to highly skilled workers, and you can apply for permanent residence or citizenship after spending a limited time in the Australian territory.
This article gives a brief idea of the requirements and processing of Australian Permanent Residence Visa.
Australia Permanent Resident Visa Benefits
- Australia PR visa holders can live and work in Australia, without restriction. This visa allows you to work and settle in Australia for a period of 5 years. You can change the status to a citizen after 4 years of formal work.
- Residents can settle and take up employment and work for any organization in the country.
- Permanent residence visa holders can easily become Australian citizens in future.
- Children get free education in reputed public schools of Australia
- Medicare sponsors all healthcare expenses for Australia PR visa holder and his/her family.
- One Australia PR visa category is sufficient for entire family- no additional family visas required.
- Australia has some of the best universities and organizations in the world.
- Everybody gets fair job growth opportunities.
- People can enjoy the freedom of dual citizenship.
- Average salary ranges from $10000 to $50000.
What you need for Australia Immigration?
- You should be below 45 years to apply.
- You should have a Bachelor´s degree in any stream
- You should have relevant work experience of minimum 2 yrs.
- A minimum of competent level English language is required.
- You must score at least 65 points in the Australia’s Points based immigration selection system. Candidates are evaluated based on certain criteria like age, proficiency in English, qualification, work experience, etc. You shall be allotted points on these basis.
- You must have an occupation listed in Australia’s demand list.
- You should be in good health
- Your skills will be assessed based on your education and work experience.
- You should be free of any criminal record.
- Travel documents (passports, permission to migrate from relevant authorities)
- Proof of settlement funds (bonds, bank accounts, cash, shares etc.)
- Educational certificates.
- English language proficiency (IELTS/ PTE score)
- Referral letters from the employer.
- Offer and hike letter.
- Salary slips
- Bank statement (for the last 3 years).
- Income Tax returns (for the last 3 years).
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Medical and police verification certificates. (when asked by DIBP)
- Proof of settlement funds (bonds, bank accounts, cash, shares, etc.)
Cost for an Australian PR
The fees for Australian Permanent residency is as follows:
- Primary applicant: $4115 Australian dollars or 2,20,825 Indian rupees.
- Dependent above 18 years (spouse): $2055 Australian dollar or 110298 Indian Rupees.
- Dependent below 18 years (children): $1030 Australian dollars or 55283 Indian rupees.
How to Apply for Australian PR?
Go through the eligibility criteria and make sure that you meet all the requirement. You need to score 65 points to qualify for the process. Once your qualification is confirmed, you need to apply for skill assessment, which will be conducted by a designated authority. This should be followed by the submission of your application online.
A designated skill assessment body will assess your educational qualifications and work experience. For example, IT professionals are assessed by Australia Computing Society. The processing time is usually 45 to 60 days.
An online application has to be launched under the pool system. The application will be picked based on the factors like total points scored, number of applications received by Australia etc. The processing time depends on the score. There is no standard timelines to clear this stage.
Once your online invitation is accepted, you will receive an “Invitation to Apply” notification. You then have to submit the visa application with DIBP. If you want to add dependents, you have to add their details as well.
After submitting the required documents, the DIBP follows thorough research. Once, they are satisfied with your details; you will have your visa granted. This usually takes a period of 3 to 5 months.
Australian Permanent Visa Application Process
- Step 1: Check your eligibility. You can select your occupation from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- Step 2: Qualify for the Australia Points Calculator.
- Step 3: Apply for migration skill assessment through the designated authority
- Step 4: Obtain your Invitation to Apply and Submit your PR Application.
- Step 5: Get Police and Medical Clearance Certificates.
- Step 6: Within 60 days of acceptance of your EOI, you have to apply for your visa online with all the required documents.
Fee for Permanent Residence Visa
The total expected fee for Australian PR visa from India is around INR 300,000 to INR 400,000 depending on the number of family members.
|Government Visa Processing Fees for Primary, Secondary and Child applicants||
|Skill Assessment (may vary according to authority and occupational fees)||
|English Language Assessment||
|State Sponsorship (If applicable)||
|Medical Test Fees||
|Visa Label Fees||
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the validity of Australian Permanent Residence Visa?
The Australian PR visa allows you to stay in Australia for 5 years at a stretch. You can move in and out of the country multiple times within this period. After 5 years you can apply for Australian citizenship.
What is the age limit for applying for permanent resident visa to Australia?
Applicant must be below 45 years of age.
What is the required IELTS score to migrate to Australia?
The required IELTS score to migrate to Australia is a minimum of band 7.
What is the processing time for PR?
The processing time for Australia’s permanent residency is generally 10 to 12months. However, the timelines of visa processing also depends on the overall points you score.
|How To Migrate To UK From India ?||How to Migrate to New Zealand from India?|
|How to Migrate to Canada from India?||Immigration To Germany – How To Move To Germany?|
|How to migrate to UK as a nurse?||Canada PR Requirements|