Table of Contents
In India, the craze for becoming a government employee is immense. Among the government exams, the banking exams are the most sought after by candidates who aspire to make a career in the banking sector. Banking exams are conducted by various banking institutions and regulatory bodies. Aspirants take mock tests to prepare for almost all competitive exams in India. However, when it comes to banking exams, mock tests are widely embraced by students as a crucial part of their exam preparation strategy.
Mock tests are created based on the format, syllabus, and difficulty level of the actual exam. Mock tests are meant to assess a candidate’s knowledge, skills, and readiness for the exam. They consist of a set of questions similar to those that will be encountered in the actual exam. They cover all the relevant topics and sections, allowing candidates to gauge their understanding and proficiency in each area.
The purpose of mock tests is to replicate the exam conditions as closely as possible. This includes the time limit, question types, and overall structure. Here are some key reasons why mock tests are important for banking exam aspirants:
> Familiarity with Exam Pattern: Mock tests help candidates become familiar with the exam pattern, question types, and time constraints. By practicing under similar conditions, candidates can develop effective strategies to manage time, prioritize questions, and optimize their performance.
> Self-Assessment: Mock tests allow candidates to assess their current level of preparation. By analyzing their performance, identifying strengths and weaknesses, and understanding areas that require improvement, candidates can develop a targeted study plan to enhance their knowledge and skills.
> Time Management Skills: Banking exams have a fixed time duration, and time management is crucial to complete the exam within the allocated time. Mock tests enable candidates to practice time management strategies, such as allocating time to each section, quickly solving questions, and avoiding time-consuming traps.
> Exam Confidence: Taking mock tests regularly builds confidence and reduces exam anxiety. Candidates become more comfortable with the exam environment, question formats, and the pressure of completing the test within the given time. Increased confidence enhances performance and boosts overall results.
> Identifying Weak Areas: Mock tests help candidates identify their weak areas and conceptual gaps. By reviewing their performance and analyzing incorrect answers, candidates can focus on specific topics or subjects that require more attention and practice. This targeted approach leads to better preparation and improved scores.
> Real-Time Feedback: Mock tests provide immediate feedback on performance. Candidates can review their answers, assess their accuracy, and learn from their mistakes. This feedback helps them understand the concepts better, clarify doubts, and rectify errors before the actual exam.
What is a Bank Exam?
A bank examination is a competitive examination used by banks, financial institutions, and other companies to select employees. A bank exam is typically a multiple-choice test with many different branches of questions organized by subject matter.
Depending on the type of job and the applicant pool, the testing process can last weeks to several months.
All applicants must meet specific eligibility requirements before taking part in their test. Eligibility requirements vary depending on the positions offered and the employer. For example, bank exams may be conducted by the government, public or private banks, or companies hiring employees in banking positions.
Why Do You Need a Mock Test
Mock tests are an indispensable tool for banking exam preparation. They simulate the actual exam environment, build confidence, highlight areas for improvement, and fine-tune exam strategies. By incorporating mock tests into their study routine, candidates can enhance their chances of success and achieve their desired results in banking exams.
1. It helps you prepare for future exams
2. It helps you practice your learning skills
3. It helps you gain more knowledge about professional banking exams and how to answer each question on the test day
4. You need to know financial topics such as market conditions, regulation of banks, etc.
5. You need to know which areas of the bank exam are central to the questions that you will be asked on the exam (i.e., regulations, market conditions, high-level risk management, etc…)
6. You can show what areas you are weak in and what areas you have strengths in by taking practice test questions that relate to your bank exam syllabus (i.e., knowledge area)
7. It helps you clear your concepts before you start studying for your bank exam.
8. You can check your progress and measure whether you are learning or not to determine the areas that need more focus before exam day.
9. It allows you to assess the type of questions that are asked on all the banking exams like IBPS PO, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI Grade B, etc… (i.e., MCQ type, Verbal Reasoning type questions, or descriptive paragraph based questions)
10. You can judge your strengths and weaknesses by taking a lot of practice questions of online test series in all the fields of bank exams (i.e., verbal reasoning section such as comprehension, critical reasoning, etc.
Importance of Mock Tests in Bank Exams
It helps you know your areas
- Every question is of equal weightage and it is very important to attempt the questions which can be solved in a fraction of time rather than wasting time on questions which are lengthy and complex.
- Attempting mock tests will help you identify your strengths and your areas of improvements.
- Mocks tests can reduce the test anxiety. You will get used to the type of questions that will be asked in the actual examination.
They help you strategize better!
- Mock tests are much more than the scores and the percentiles.
- It is more about strategy making and analyzing your mistakes, things that you could have done better. With mocks, you can always try out different things.
- The exams are usually tough to crack because you need speed and accuracy to solve the questions right within a short time that is available.
- The questions are doable, it’s just that some questions take much more time.
- Mock Tests do not just measure how much you know, it helps reinforce the concepts and make it more likely that you can retrieve the same information later.
- After attempting the complete tests, it is very important to see the solutions and not just your score.
- See the approach of the solution and how it was different from your approach and if this approach can help you reduce time.
They help you improve Speed and Accuracy
- It is imperative to improve both speed and accuracy if you wish to clear bank exams.
- Speed and accuracy play a vital role as each incorrect answer bring down your score by one point which can lead to a large difference in the final result.
- In our opinion, work on accuracy first and practice more to improve speed later.
- This can only be done through mock tests where you can also check your progress in comparison with others.
- Look at the highest marks in the section and compare it to yours.
- Practice daily. Even if you are working, try to make time for practicing questions.
- You filled the Bank Exam because you wanted a job, didn’t you? What has changed, go practice. Even if you have only 3 minutes to spare, attempt a sectional test.
- Attempt every kind of test, be it a full test, sectional test or part test. It helps in two ways
You get used to the tests. The more you fail, the more you learn.
They help you keep a check on your performance
- Monitor your performance. Keep a check on your mistakes.
- There might be some questions that you attempted wrong and there might be questions that you knew but could not attempt.
- These two kinds are the only types of questions that actually decide your score and rank. Divide these into two types:
1.Questions that were not attempted, because
(a)Didn’t know the concept- need to work on this topic
(b)Know the concept, but lack in application – more practice of this kind will get me through!
2. Avoidable Errors
(a)Calculation Errors – 3*3 is not 6, you knew this but in the exam, you still went wrong. Learn tables till 30. Do random calculations in your mind. Sharpen yourself.
(b) Used the wrong and lengthy approach – The solutions given provide quicker and easier way to solve
(c) Attempted Time Consuming Questions First – Each question carries equal marks. You know this, don’t you.
What if I don’t take Mock Tests
Be rest assured that your peers are certainly taking mock tests to hone their preparation. Therefore, if you do not want to be overrun by your fellow aspirants, you must squeeze mock tests into your timetable.
Gaining more points on practice mocks will improve your performance in the real exams. You can improve your test results in the mock exams by using the following advice.
- Make sure to complete assessments: To strengthen the areas where you are weak and perform well on the mock tests, you will need feedback and direction from professional tutors. Hence, you shouldn’t miss or skip any assessments.
- Everything on the mock test should be attempted. The purpose of the mock exam is to judge the student’s readiness and knowledge. Hence do not skip any questions; try it even if you are unsure about the answer.
- Keep taking mock tests regularly: Remember, constant practice and consistent effort are vital to cracking any exam. The more you practice, the better you are prepared.
- Learn to manage your time to succeed: Time management is the most significant factor in completing any exam. It would help if you learned to effectively utilise your time to answer maximum questions in the time given.
- Be calm and stay focused: Any test or challenge can be conquered with a calm, focused, and confident mind. Ensure you eat a healthy diet and get enough sleep. And always keep a positive mindset.
Are online mock tests good
Now, that the trend for exam preparation has largely moved online, there is no reason why you will not be able to get the best-quality mock tests online. In fact, there are several websites and edtech startups that offer top-quality mock tests based on the exact exam pattern and question trends that allow aspirants to prepare fruitfully for their exams.
The importance of mock test lies in the fact they help you understand the exam and yourself better and prepares you for the ultimate challenge. Entri covers up the mock test section for almost every government, banking, insurance exam. We have specially designed courses with a mock test based on the latest patterns and difficulty level.
Why is it important to give mock test?
Regular practice of mock tests makes one aware of one’s strengths and weaknesses, the time one takes to solve the question, and mistakes committed. One can easily document the mistakes and abstain from repeating them. It also helps to keep a track of our performance and improve day by day.
Should you give mock test daily?
Aspirants should take 1 to 2 mock tests per day to improve their understanding of the concepts and achieve higher marks and rank in the Banking exam. Experts and toppers recommended daily mock tests as a preparation strategy for the Banking exam.
Is giving mock test good?
Helps you track your progress- Appearing for a mock test helps a candidate in tracking their progress. For instance, a person gives one mock test and they find some questions difficult, they can work hard on learning more about the concept.
What is the difference between a mock test and an exam?
Mock test are practice tests that are designed to be similar to actual exams. They are used to help students prepare for exams by giving them the opportunity to practice answering questions under similar conditions to the actual exam.
What to do after giving mock test?
Analyze your performance: Analyze your performance after each mock test and identify the areas where you made mistakes. Focus on those areas and revise the concepts. Revise the basics: Revise the basics and practice more questions based on those concepts.