Table of Contents
HPPSC HDO Recruitment 2021 – Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission has released the latest notification for the recruitment of Horticulture Development Officer (HOD) to fill 15 vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the same through the official website of HPPSC on or before 04 March 2021. Candidates who wish to apply for the vacancy are requested to go through the following details to get an idea regarding major information like educational qualification, important dates, age limit etc.
HPPSC HDO Recruitment 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to have M.Sc in Horticulture OR Agriculture in any one of the following subjects:
- Fruit Breeding & Genetic Resources Post Harvest Technology/Fruit Technology
- Floriculture & Land Scaping
- Mycology and Plant Pathology/ Entomology & Apiculture or Biotechnology
- Vegetable Crops
- Soil Science & water Management
- Agriculture Economics & Agriculture Statistics
- Agriculture Extension
- M.Sc. Food Technology
- Master of Science (Horticulture) Fruit Science
- Master of Science (Horticulture) Vegetable Science
- Master of Science (Horticulture) Floriculture and Land Scape Architecture
- Master of Science (Agriculture) Plant Pathology
- Master of Science (Agriculture) Entomology
- Master of Science(Agriculture) Nematology
- Master of Science (Agriculture) , Seed Science and Technology
- Master of Science (Agriculture) Soil Science
- Master of Science (Agriculture) Agricultural Economics
- Master of Science Food Technology
- Master of Science Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Master of Science Microbiology
- Master of Science Statistics and Post Graduate Associateship in Fruit and Vegetable Technology equivalent to M.Sc. Horticulture(Post Harvest Technology) and Master of Science(Agriculture) Specialization in Plant Breeding & Genetics.
The candidates must be graduated in B.Sc.(Horticulture/Agriculture) with Horticulture as elective subject or B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture/Agriculture with Horticulture as elective subject in four years degree program.
Minimum age to submit the candidature is 18 years and maximum age is 45 years as on 01/01/2021.
HPPSC HDO Recruitment Important Dates
Candidates can start submitting the online application for the vacancy from 05 Feb 2021 and the last date for submission is 04 March 2021.
List of Documents to be Presented
Candidates are requested to upload the following documents on the OTRS portal while submitting the application,
1. Matriculation certificate to prove the age of the candidate.
2. Degree certificate along with the marks sheets of all years in support of Educational Qualifications. The provisional certificate along with mark sheets of all semesters/ years.
3. Category certificate in support of their reservation claim S.C., S.T., O.B.C., E.W.S., Ex-Servicemen, Ward of Ex.
Servicemen, WFF and Persons with disabilities etc. Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes Certificates should be in accordance with the instructions of the Govt. issued vide letter No.PER(AP)-CF(10)-4/2010 dated 5th August, 2019.
4. Bonafide Himachali Certificate in case of reserved category candidates.
The benefit of reservation for various post(s) will be admissible only to the candidates, who are bonafide residents of Himachal Pradesh for the categories: S.C., S.T., O.B.C., E.W.S., Ex-Servicemen, W.F.F. and Differently abled personals (Locomotor Disabled / Visually Impaired/Hearing Impaired) etc..
- Male candidates belonging to H.P/ Reserved Candidates from other states : Rs.400/-
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWS of H.P : Rs.100/-
- HO ESM/PH/Female Candidates : NIL
Candidates belonging to the reserved categories of other States will be treated as General Category and the benefit of reservation and fee concession is not admissible to such candidates.
HPPSC HDO Selection Process
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can attend the written exam and is followed by document verification.
Candidates are requested to go through the prescribed exam syllabus given below,
80 MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS will be asked with respect to M.Sc (Horticulture/Agriculture) level as per essential qualification and 10 questions consisting General Knowledge of Himachal Pradesh and 10 General knowledge questions from National / International affairs. Time duration for the written exam is 2 hours.
To get a detailed information regarding the exam pattern, instruction to upload the documents, seat reservation etc.. please download the official notification of the HPPSC HDO exam from the link given below.
Download Entri app now to get a wonderful platform where you can start your journey to land on your dream job. Entri brings every necessary information you need right before your eyes at a very decent subscription. Entri provides classes for Spoken English, Digital marketing and various public exams including SSC, RRB, State PSC, Bank etc.. at affordable subscriptions. Here at Entri, you get a chance to get in touch with India’s best mentors so that you can easily cover your portions and clear your doubts instantly, practise unlimited sets of real question papers and many more. The best part so far is that you can do it all in your mother tongue as Entri speaks your language!! Let’s start the journey with Entri and see the other end of the road together!!