Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will announce recruitment notification for IB (Intelligence Bureau) Security Assistant posts soon. Interested candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria can apply online through official website of MHA or NCS portal. IB Security Assistant recruitment includes 3 phases. i.e, Teir – I (written examination, Teir – II (Descriptive Type) and Teir – III (Interview). Candidates appearing can start preparing ahead. In this article we have provided the IB Security Assistant 2020 syllabus and exam pattern and syllabus.
IB Security Assistant Syllabus 2020 and Exam Pattern – Overview
|Name of post||Security Assistant/Executive|
|General Central Service, (Group ‘C’) Non-Gazetted, Non- Ministerial
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|Rs. 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 2000 (PB-1) along with other allowances.|
|Selection Process||Tier – I (Written Examination Objective type)
Tier – II (Descriptive Type)
Tier – III (Interview/ Personality Test)
IB Security Assistant 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Required Educational Qualification
- Matriculation (10th class pass) or equivalent from a recognized Board of Education, and
- Knowledge of any one of the local language/dialect of the given examination centre.
- Also Field experience in Intelligence work.
- Candidates whose age is not exceeding 27 years of age are eligible to apply.
IB Security Assistant 2020 Exam Pattern
Tier – I is written examination of Objective Type Questions divided into 4 parts containing questions of 1 marks from each subject. Candidates qualified in Tier – I exam is eligible to attend Tier-II and Tier – III. Tier-II examination is descriptive type and of qualifying nature. In Tier-II exam, knowledge of local language of given examination centre shall be tested. All candidates appearing in Tier-II exam would be provisionally admitted in Tier-III phase. i.e. interview/personality test.
|Tier||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Total Duration|
|Tier – I||Written Exam of Objective type MCQs
a) General Awareness
|b) Quantitative aptitude||20|
|c) Logical/analytical ability||20|
|d) English language||20|
|Tier-II (Qualifying marks-20)||Descriptive type
(a) Translation of a passage of 500 words from local language/dialect to English and vice versa.
|(b) Spoken ability
(to be assessed at the time of Tier-III exam (Interview/ Personality test)
IB Security Assistant Syllabus 2020
Security Assistant Syllabus subject – wise is given below. Candidates appearing must prepare according to the syllabus.
- Number Theory
- Number Systems
- Square Roots
- Cube Roots
- Fractions and Decimals
- C.F. and L.C.M.
- Ratio and Proportion
- Boats and Streams
- Clocks and Calendars
- Mixture and Allegation
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Simple Interest&Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Mensuration- Areas and Volumes
- Area and Perimeter of Plane Figure
- Volume And Surface Area of Solid
Logical/ Analytical Ability
- Verbal Tests
- Reasoning Tests
- Analytical Reasoning
- Direction and Distance Test
- Linear Arrangement Test
- Complex Arrangement Test
- Analogy Test
- Odd Man Out
- Series Test
- Blood Relationships Test
- Symbols and Notations
- Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency Test
- Data Interpretation Test
- Logic Tests
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements Arguments
- Statements Conclusions
- Statements Action
- Non-Verbal Tests
- Problems Based on Symmetry
- Problems Based on Visual Ability
- Classification (Non-Verbal Tests)
- Series (Non-Verbal Tests)
- Analogy (Non-Verbal Tests)
- English comprehension
- One word substitution
- Idioms & phrases
- Cloze Test
- Jumble Sentences
General Awareness Syllabus
- Indian History
- Indian Polity
- Current Events
- Current national & International events
- World History & World geography
Other Important Links-
How you can use Entri app for your competitive exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.