Table of Contents
IDBI Assistant Manager or Assistant Manager of Industrial Development Bank of India is one of the very prestigious jobs like any other government job. Their job is to promote banking products, services, and selling insurance related to fixed deposits, mutual funds, etc. Disbursing loans, recovery of loans from defaulters, and submitting reports to higher officials are some more responsibilities of an IDBI Assistant Manager.
IDBI Assistant Manager Selection Process 2021
IDBI exam for Assistant Manager is based on a three-level selection process. The selection processes are as follows-:
- Online Test
- Personal Interview
- Document Verification
The IDBI online test consists of four sections namely:
- Logical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Interpretation
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness
Read more to know about IDBI assistant manager preparation!
IDBI Assistant Manager Syllabus 2021
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Number Ranking
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Clocks & Calendars.
- Number Series.
- Alphabet Series.
- Arithmetical Computation.
- Problem Solving.
- Embedded Figures.
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Verbal and Figure Classification.
- Arithmetical Number Series.
- Figure Classification.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Verb & Adverb.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Error Correction.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
- Unseen Passages.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Number System.
- Decimal & Fractions.
- Profit and Loss.
- HCF & LCM.
- Ratio and Proportions.
- Problems on Ages.
- Time and Distance.
- Time and Work.
- Mixtures & Allegations.
- Data Interpretation
- Simple & Compound Interest.
- Indian Constitution.
- Awards and Honors.
- Current events.
- Sports and Games.
- Current Affairs – National & International.
- General Politics.
- Economic Scene.
- Important Days.
- Books and Authors.
- Important Financial & Economic News.
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries.
Keep reading to know how to prepare for the IDBI assistant manager exam 2021!
IDBI Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2021
|Section||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|Logical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Interpretation||60||60||
- The Online Test will consist of Objective Type Questions
- And the maximum marks is 200 marks
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
- The Total duration of the IDBI Examination is a Composite time of 2 hours
IDBI Assistant Manager Preparation Strategy 2021
Analyze the Previous Year Cut-off
You can learn about the exam format and difficulty level of the IDBI Assistant Manager exam by looking at the previous year’s cut-off.
Mock test Attempt Strategy
Attempt mock test and analyze the same on the same day to take maximum benefit from this process. Analyze and understand your weak points and then on them.
Practice the Previous Year Memory-based Papers
Download the previous year’s paper using the link below. By completing it, you will be able to determine your exact level of readiness and, as a result, you may begin preparing.
Try to Maintain Accuracy
Make no compromises when it comes to accuracy. Only attempt questions if you feel really confident. This is one of the most prevalent blunders made by practically every pupil.
Do not Waste Time on a Specific Question
Try not to spend too much time on a specific question. Instead, leave that question alone and move on to the next one, marking it for review.
IDBI Assistant Manager Subject-wise Preparation Tips 2021
For Logical Reasoning
The below IDBI preparation tips for Logical Reasoning will aid you in your endeavour:
- Go back to basics. Know the topic properly before solving it.
- Keep yourself away from rote learning.
- Practice regularly.
- Focus on the high accuracy topics like Blood relations, Directions and distances, Analogy, etc.
- Keep low accuracy topics like Scheduling, Series, Double lineup for the last minute.
- Do not juggle between various topics at the same time. This will hamper your absorbing ability.
- Take mock tests.
For the English Language
You can easily make it through with these tips:
- Read newspapers and books.
- Jot down any new vocabulary you come across. This will help you in memorizing them. Later, use those words in the exam paper.
- Draft composition or short stories to improve your writing skill and manage time crunch in the exam.
- Try frequent communication in English.
- Watch English news and series. This will improve your spoken skill.
- Maintain your personal writings for last-minute go through. This will help you grasp the vocabulary used in it.
- While communicating with people, try to absorb their English speaking skills. This helps a lot.
- Do not mug up new words without knowing their meanings and synonyms.
For Quantitative Aptitude
You can depend on the following IDBI Preparation tips and tricks to reach your desired target in this section:
- Dig deep into the actual concept.
- Begin your preparation topic-wise and go on solving papers before jumping to the next topic.
- Master the shortcuts to the problem.
- Memorize the formulas properly.
- Do not solve any question in haste.
- Avoid guesswork as this may lead to negative marking. Be extra sure of the answer before attempting the questions.
- Practice previous year papers and take mock tests on a regular basis.
For General Awareness
You can prepare for this section by following the below IDBI Preparation tips and tricks:
- Read the newspaper regularly.
- Watch the news or listen to radio news daily.
- Download the short news app to stay updated on any news on the go.
- Solve quizzes often.
- Do not stick to just one single genre of news.
- Stay updated on both the National as well as international news.
- In case any news or event takes place, jot it down so as to not forget it in the future.
- Alongside, take mock tests and practise previous year papers.
Besides these IDBI assistant manager preparation tips, aspirants also need the teacher’s guidance and Entri is here to help! Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties. One will get revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes. You will be provided with an excellent platform with full-length mock tests including previous year question papers. It also gives you access to clarify your doubts.