Indian Air Force has released an official notification for recruitment of first batch of Agniveer. The registration process will begin on Friday 24th June, 2022 and will be open until 5th July, 2022. The online examination for the recruitment of the same will be held a month later on 24th July, 2022. According to Air Marshal SK Jha, the first batch would be enrolled by December and training would commence by December 30th, 2022. Once enrolled into the IAF, Agniveers will be governed under the Air Force Act 1950, for four years. They would form a
distinct rank in the Indian Air Force, different from any other existing ranks. For Agniveers below the age of 18, the enrolment form will need to be signed by the parents or guardians, in accordance with extant provisions.
Indian Airforce Agniveer Recruitment 2022 Overview
|Recruiting Organization||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Name of the post||Agniveervayu|
|Mode of selection||Written Test, Physical Fitness Test, Medical Test|
|Mode of application||Online|
Indian Airforce Agniveer Recruitment 2022 Important Dates
|Commencement of online application||24th June, 2022|
|Last date for online application||5th July, 2022|
|Written exam||24th July, 2022|
|Release of Admit Card for written exam||21st or 22nd July, 2022|
|Result of written exam||August 2022|
|Physical Fitness Test||Will be announced later|
Indian Airforce Agniveer Salary
Agniveervayu enrolled under the Agnipath scheme will be paid a package of Rs 30,000 per month with a fixed yearly increment . In addition to this, Risk and Hardship allowances (as applicable in IAF), Dress and Travel allowances will also be paid. They will be given one time ‘Seva Nidhi’ package comprising their monthly contribution along with matching contribution by the Government on completion of their engagement period. Agniveervayu are not eligible for any gratuity and any kind of pensionary benefits. They are not required to contribute to any Provident Fund of the Government. During the period of service, they will be entitled for medical facility at Service Hospitals as well as CSD provisions. They will also be provided non-contributory life insurance cover of Rs 48 lakhs for the duration of their engagement period as AGNIVEERVAYU in the Indian Air Force.
Indian Airforce Agniveer Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should ensure that they satisfy all the criteria laid by Indian Air Force. The applications of those who do not meet the requirements will be rejected. Read on to know more about the eligibility criteria.
Candidate born between 29th December 1999 and 29th June 2005 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply. In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the selection process, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 23 years.
Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2/ Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English from an education board listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Should have passed three years Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Automobile/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation Technology/ Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma course (or in Intermediate/ Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
Should have passed two years vocational course with non-vocational subject like Physics and Maths from State Education Boards/ Councils which are listed in COBSE with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course (or in Intermediate/ Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Vocational Course).
Other than Science Subjects
Candidates should have passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any subject approved by Central/ State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Passed two years vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in vocational course or in Intermediate/ Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
Candidates should have the following medical standards:
- Height: : Minimum acceptable height is 152.5 cm
- Weight: Should be proportionate to height
- Chest: Minimum range of expansion is 5 cm
- Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points.
- Vision: Visual requirements as applicable as per Indian Air Force standards. Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) is not acceptable.
- Hearing: Candidate should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Candidate should be of normal anatomy without loss of any appendages. He should be free from any active or latent, acute or chronic, medical or surgical disability or infection and skin ailments. Candidate shall be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain.
Unmarried male candidates who are citizens of India or Nepal are eligible to apply.
Candidates with permanent body tattoos shall not be permitted to join, however, tattoos only on inner face of the fore arms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/ reverse side of palm and for Tribal tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. However, right to decide on acceptability/unacceptability of the individual shall rest with the selection center.
Hair and Beard
Only Sikh candidates shall be permitted to grow hair and/ or retain beard and moustache. Accordingly, those Sikh candidates willing to retain the same as per laid down specification are to get their photographs with beard and moustache. Such candidates will not be permitted to grow/ have beard/ moustache at later stage after enrolment.
Indian Airforce Agniveer Application Process
- Eligible candidates should log on to agnipathvayu.cdac.in to apply.
- Applicants should have a valid email ID and mobile number.
- In the homepage, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- New users who have not registered will have to click on ‘New User? Register’ to complete the registration process. Once it’s done, you will be provided with a password. You can change this password and set a new one.
- Login using your credentials and complete the application form carefully.
Certificates/ Documents Required
The following will be required during various phases of the selection process:
- Color print out of admit card for Phase-II.
- Color print out of duly filled application form downloaded on completion of online registration.
- HB pencil, eraser, sharpener, glue stick, stapler and black/ blue ball point pen for writing exam.
- Eight copies of un-attested passport size color photograph (taken not before April 2022) . The same photograph should be presented during Phase II of the selection process.
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation passing certificate (required for verification
of candidate’s name, father’s name and his date of birth).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of matriculation marks sheet (only applicable for three
years diploma course holders when English is not a subject in diploma course).
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of Intermediate/ 10+2/ equivalent examination passing
certificate and marks sheet.
Original and four self-attested photocopies of three years diploma course passing certificate and marks
sheets of all semesters.
Original and four self-attested photocopies of two years vocational course passing certificate and all
marks sheets including non-vocational course with subjects English, Physics and Mathematics.
- Certificate for SOAFP (Son of Air Force Personnel), including certificate for sons of serving/ retired/
deceased Air Force civilian employees paid out of defence estimates is to be downloaded as the case may be, from the download section of CASB web portal and brought along while reporting for Phase – II of the
- Original Phase-I admit card used during Phase-I test bearing Air Force seal and invigilator’s signature.
- Original and four self-attested photocopies of NCC ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ certificate (if applicable).
- Candidate’s left hand thumb impression image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB).
- Candidate’s signature image (Size 10 KB to 50 KB).
- Candidate’s parent’s (Father/ Mother)/ Guardian’s signature image (if candidate is below 18 years on the date of filling the online application)
- Aadhar Card
- Candidates must indicate five choices of examination center and seven choices of ASCs in order of
preference while filling up the online application form. Requests for changing the exam center or date of selection test will be be entertained.
- Duplicate / incomplete / erroneously filled applications shall be rejected.
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for the entire duration of the tests under their own
- Only one application should be submitted. The applications of those who apply more than once shall be rejected.
- Mobile phones / smart watches / electronic gadgets shall not be permitted in the examination hall for Phase-I test.
- Candidate should enter AADHAR number in on-line application. Candidates from J&K, Assam and Meghalaya are exempted for the same.
- Candidates should present the Aadhar card during all phases of the selection process. Those from J&K, Assam and Meghalaya can present any other valid ID card.
Indian Airforce Agniveer Selection Process
There are three phases in the selection of Agniveervayu.
Phase I will comprise of an online test. The test will be objective type and questions will be bilingual (English and Hindi) except for English paper. The test for candidates opting for both Science subjects and other than Science subjects shall be conducted in one sitting, on the same system.
- For science subjects the total duration of the online test shall be 60 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus.
- For other than science subjects the total duration of the online test shall be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
- For science subjects and other than science subjects the total duration of the online test shall be 85 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
Every correct answer will be awarded one mark and there will be a negative marking of .25 marks for every wrong answer. The result of this exam will be declared within a month from the date of exam.
Phase II of the selection process will be for candidates who have qualified and been shortlisted based on their performance in Phase I. A Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be conducted for these candidates. The test will consist of the following:
- 1.6 Km run to be completed within 06 minutes 30 seconds
- 10 Push-ups within the stipulated time
- 10 Sit-ups within the stipulated time
- 20 Squats within the stipulated time
Candidates who pass the Physical Fitness Test will have to undertake Adaptability Test I. This is an objective type written test to assess the suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions. All candidates who pass Adaptability Test-I shall have to undertake Adaptability Test-II as per policy in vogue. Adaptability Test-II is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of Indian Air Force and are able to adjust to the military way of life.
Phase III will consist of a medical test for those who have qualified in Adaptability Test II. Medical examination would also include baseline Investigation of:
- Blood Haemogram – Hb, TLC, DLC
- Urine RE/ME
- Blood Sugar Fasting & PP
- Serum Cholesterol
- Urea, Uric acid, Creatinine
- LFT- Serum Bilurubin, SGOT, SGPT
- X- Ray chest (PA view)
- ECG (R)
- Tests for Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Abuse
- Any other test necessary in the opinion of the Medical Officer
The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, Entri App has got it covered for you. Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.