For those preparing for Government examinations, Indian Polity is a very important section. Indian Polity is a subject that includes wide range of topics such as the development of the Constitution, Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles, the Executive, the President, the Prime Minister & Council of Ministers, Judiciary, State Governments, Local Government, Election system, and many more. When preparing for Indian polity it is very crucial to refer the important Indian politics GK questions and make study notes on the same. In this article let us check the Indian Politics GK Questions and Answers that appear frequently for various Government Exams 2022. The article also includes the strategies to prepare for the Indian Polity Section of government examinations.
GK Questions and Answers on Indian Politics in Government Exams 2022
Find below the Indian politics quiz questions and answers that frequently appear in the government exams.
|1||Which were the first two states in India which established Panchayati Raj in 1956?||Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh|
|2||The members of the Rajya Sabha are elected by elected||members of the Legislative Assembly|
|3||What is the minimum age for holding office in the Lok Sabha?||25 Years
|4||What is the intermediate tier of the Panchayati Raj system is called?||Pachayat Samiti|
|5||Chief Minister of a state gives his resignation to the||Governor of the state|
|6||The chairman of the Committee on Public Accounts is nominated by||Lok Sabha Speaker|
|7||Who was the Chairperson of the All India Handicrafts Board, which has been abolished?||Minister of Textiles|
|8||The name of the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi islands was changed to Lakshadweep by an Act of Parliament in||1973|
|9||Who hosts the flag on Independence Day at Delhi Fort?||Prime Minister|
|10||Once a Budget has been presented in the Parliament, the government has to get all money bills related to the union budget passed within||75 days|
|11||Total number of High Courts in India is||24|
|12||A motion of no confidence against the Government can be introduced in||Lok Sabha
|13||Where the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration is located?||Mussoorie|
|14||In case State emergency is declared, it needs Parliamentary approval after every||6 months|
|15||Which amendment bill exempted the state of Bihar from the obligation of having a tribal Welfare Minister||94th amendment bill|
|16||The documentary film named “The Next Frontier: India’s Smart Cities” was premiered on 15th August by which agency?||National Geographic|
|17||Where is the Election Commission located||New Delhi|
|18||Who is the first Woman Chief Minister in India?||Sucheta Kriplani|
|19||The State which has the largest number of seats in the Rajya Sabha is||Uttar Pradesh|
|20||The members of the panchayat are||the electorates of the respective territorial constituencies|
|21||Who is the constitution head of India?||President|
|22||In which case the Supreme Court of India propounded the theory of basic structure of the Constitution?||Keshvanand Bharati|
|23||Minimum duration to stay in India before applying for Indian Citizenship||5 Years|
|24||Who was the first chairman of the planning commission?||Jawaharlal Nehru|
|25||Who is the first Woman Governor in India?||Sarojini Naidu|
|26||If there is a deadlock between Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha over an ordinary bill, it will be resolved by||The Joint Session of Parliment|
|27||What can be the maximum interval between two sessions of Parliament?
|28||Which union territory has a High Court of its own||Delhi|
|29||Number of schedules in Indian constitution||12|
|30||Who is the chairman of Rajya Sabha||Vice-President|
How to Study Indian Polity for Government Examinations
Let us check few strategies as we prepare for the Indian polity section of government examinations
- Once you have decided which exam to take up, the foremost step is to check for the exam pattern and syllabus
- Select a good source for study materials. It can be online materials and books. But check for reviews and choose the best study material
- Make a study preparation schedule as to which topic has to be covered on which day
- When going through the study materials take down important notes and prepare a study notes on your own. The study notes thus prepared will be useful for revision before the exams
- Check for static polity notes as well as the current affairs
- Regularly read the newspaper or check the current affairs online to keep yourself updated with the latest news on Indian politics.
- Use mind mapping strategies to get a better understanding and flow of events. Highlight important topics and use tricks and tips to study each concepts better
- Revise after every topic
- Check for Topic wise quiz and keep yourself checked on the understanding as and when you cover studying each topic
- Do not forget to attempt mock tests before you attend the exam.
- Check for previous year question papers and prepare well with the important questions
- Do not panic. Take it one at a time. Relax and include mind relaxation exercises in between to help you study better.
- Time management is the key when preparing for exams. Hence try to follow the schedule well as you prepare yourself for the examination
All the best as you prepare yourself for the government examinations. Indian Polity is a integral part of these exams and hence it is very important to prepare well in this section too. Hope this article will help you in your preparation for the exam.