Table of Contents
We are living in a world where technology is developing and evolving day by day. From the start of the 21st-century technology is one of the most important, irreplaceable parts of human civilization. With the advancement in the field of internet technology, web development has also become one of the biggest parts of human life. In this article let’s take a look at the data and analyze whether Web Development is a career option that is still in demand.
What is Web Development?
Giving the simplest definition for the term Web development refers to the building, creating, and maintaining of websites. It includes aspects such as web design, web publishing, web programming, and database management. It is the creation of an application that works over the internet such as websites. There are thousands of websites and web applications that is been developed across the world every day. So now let’s take a look at what the web developers usually do.
What do Web Developers do?
Web developers use programming languages like HTML to write website code. These professionals also fix bugs, manage upgrades, and install security measures. Sometimes they create content and contribute to a website’s design and layout.
The BLS reports that the largest employers of web developers are the computer systems design and publishing industries. Many web developers are also self-employed. Web development teams typically comprise members specializing in the user interface, back-end development, and maintenance. Job duties often include collaborating with executives to understand their organization’s web presence goals.
Is Web Development Career Still in Demand?
The simplest answer to this is Yes. Web development is still one of the most popular and sought-after careers in the world. As the internet is developing every day the careers that are related to that are also developing every day. According to the various studies that is been happening across the world, it is now found that the requirement of skilled technical developers is in high demand. The increase in the number of eCommerce platforms and the ever-increasing reliance of people on mobile searches has increased the requirement of skilled developers all across the globe. Also, according to the studies that is been conducted by various agencies it is found that of the total developers in the USA, 80% of them are full-time employed and the rest 20% are employed part-time. The same survey found that 73 percent of respondents reported positive job satisfaction, and the U.S. News and World Report ranked Software and Web Developers as one of the eight best overall tech jobs in its 2018 report. A healthy salary doesn’t hurt on that front. Web Developers make anywhere between $78,000 (Indeed) and $88,000 (Glassdoor) a year, with an easy pathway to more senior positions.
Therefore it is very evident that the Web Development career is one of the fastest-growing career paths in the world and the demand for web developers and the web development career is increasing day by day.
Candidates who wish to apply for the examination are requested to go through the complete syllabus and use the best materials for their preparation. Start your preparations for your dream government job with Entri App. We provide a wide range of courses over different government exams. Sign Up for Entri classes and ace the preparation for the government job examinations and bank examinations today itself. Entri helps you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourself and improve your success rate. We wish you all the success in your preparations.