Higher Secondary School Teacher ( HSST ) Educational Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent there to in the respective subject by any University in Kerala.
- B.Ed. in the concerned subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto by any University in Kerala.
- Must have passed the State Eligibility Test (SET) for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher conducted by Government of Kerala or by the agency authorized by the State Government.
- Persons who have acquired M.Ed. in the concerned subject recognized by any University in Kerala are exempted from B.Ed. Qualification.
- Those persons who have passed National Eligibility Test/Junior Research Fellowship shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
- Persons with Ph.D./M.Phil/M.Ed. degree shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
- The teachers who have completed 10 (ten) years of approved teaching service at the High School level in the General Education subordinate service shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
Mark Weightage Of HSST
Weightage marks for additional Qualification Degrees for ranking
will be awarded as detailed below.
- M.Phil- 2 marks
- Ph.D- 4 marks
- Both M.Phil and Ph.D – 5marks
- Post Doctoral Fellowship- 2 marks
Kerala PSC HSST Exam 2022: Syllabus
Kerala PSC HSST 2022 exam is generally conducted for candidates interested in teaching, who wish to see themselves in the shoes of a Higher Secondary School teacher. The main subjects included for Kerala PSC HSST 2022 exam are:
Malayalam, Geography, Chemistry, Social Science, Mathematics, Urdu, Sanskrit, History, Economics, Arabic, Statistics, Political Science, English, Botany, Commerce, Home Science, Physics etc.
Out of total 100, 70 marks is allotted for the main or core subject and the remaining 30 marks is asked from general portions which are common for all the subjects. The detailed syllabus of each subject belonging to Kerala PSC HSST is available in the official website of Kerala PSC. Portions which are common for all the subjects are tabulated below:
|SYLLABUS FOR COMMON SUBJECTS FOR HSST EXAM|
|· Objectives, nature, characteristics and basic requirements of teaching
· Learner’s characteristics
· Factors affecting teaching
· Methods of teaching
· Teaching aids
· Evaluation systems
|· Meaning, Characteristics and types of research
· Research Ethics
· Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
· Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
|SALIENT FEATURES OF INDIAN CONSTITUTION, SOCIAL WELFARE LEGISLATIONS AND PROGRAMMES|
|· Salient features of the Constitution
· Preamble – significance of it and its place in the interpretation of the Constitution
· Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy
· Relation between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
· Fundamental Duties
· Legislature – Executive – Judiciary – Both at State and Union Level
· Other Constitutional Authorities
· Centre-State Relations – Legislative – Administrative and Financial
· Services under the Union and the States
· Emergency Provisions
· Amendment Provisions of the Constitution
· Social Service Legislations like Right to Information Act
· Prevention of atrocities against Women & Children
· Food Security Act
· Environmental Acts
· Social Welfare Programmes like Employment Guarantee Programme
· Organ and Blood Donation etc
|KERALA RENAISSANCE, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS|
|· Towards a New Society
· Efforts to reform the Society
· Various missionary organizations and their functioning
· Socio-Religious reform Movements
· Struggles and Social Revolts
· Role of Press in Renaissance
· Awakening Through Literature
· Women and Social Change
· Leaders of Renaissance
· Literary Figures
· National & International events
· Indian Economy & Polity
· Science & Environment, etc.
- What is The salary of HSST Junior ?
Ans: Rs. 45600-95600/-
2. How many vacancies in HSST(Junior) 2022 ?
Ans: Vacancies are not defined at Present .
3. What is the Last date for Apply HSST Junior 2022 ?
Ans: Last date for receipt of applications:- 02 February 2022, Wednesday up to
4. How to apply HSST Junior ?
Ans: Read HSST junior Notification carefully and Apply online through the official website www.keralapsc.gov.in
5. What is the selection Process of HSST junior ?
Ans : The HSST Junior selection process held in two phases Examination and interview .