Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC) has accepted applications for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher (HSST). Eligible candidates will be shortlisted from among all the applicants through a set process. The monthly salary of Government Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior) in Kerala Higher Secondary Education is Rs. 32300 to Rs. 68700. This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for a wonderful career as a teacher as this provides job security, career growth as well as retirement pension. Having said that, this does not come easily. Candidates should have a set of educational qualification and will have to go through a well defined selection process to be selected for this post.
Kerala PSC HSST 2022 Overview
|Kerala PSC Higher Secondary School Teacher (HSST) 2022|
|Post name||Higher Secondary School Teacher (HSST)|
|Department||Kerala Higher Secondary Education|
|Exam date||Announced soon|
|Exam mode||OMR/ Online|
|Selection procedure||Examination and Personal interview|
The Commission recruits eligible candidates for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher for various subjects like English, Malayalam, Tamil, Sanskrit, Hindi, Arabic, Urdu, Social Studies, Physical Science, Natural Science, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, Political Science, Sociology and many more.
The educational qualification requirements are as follows:
- Masters Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the respective subject by any University
- Pass in the State Eligibility Test for the Post of Higher Secondary School Teacher conducted by Government of Kerala or by the agency authorized by the State Government.
- B. Ed. in the concerned subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent there to by any University in Kerala.
- In the absence of persons with B.Ed. Degree in the concerned subject, B.Ed degree acquired in anyone of the subjects under the concerned Faculty as specified in the Acts/ Statutes of any of the Universities in Kerala.
These are the basic requirements for all the subjects. Apart from these there are certain other criteria set by the Commission based on the subject. Click here to know more about the educational qualification.
The following exemptions are applicable:
- Teachers who have completed ten years of approved teaching service at the High School level shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
- Those persons who have passed the State Level Eligibility Test for post of College Lecturers conducted by Government of Kerala are exempted from passing the State Eligibility Tests for Higher
Secondary School Teacher.
- Persons with Ph. D/M. Phil/ M. Ed. degree shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test provided the M. Phil in the concerned subject is awarded by any of the Universities in Kerala or recognized as equivalent thereto by any of the Universities in Kerala.
Kerala PSC HSST Selection Process
The HSST Junior selection process will be held in two phases: Written Examination and interview.
- The exam will be conducted with Objective type questions.
- There will be a total of 100 questions with one mark for each question.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.33 marks for each wrong answer.
The exam pattern is as follows:
|Research Methodology/ Teaching Aptitude||
1 hour 15 minutes
|Salient Features of Indian Constitution, Social Welfare Legislations and Programmes|
|Renaissance in Kerala, General Knowledge & Current Affairs|
Mark Weightage Of HSST
Extra marks will be added to those who have additional Qualification Degrees. The weightage of marks will be as follows:
- M.Phil- 2 marks
- Ph.D- 4 marks
- Both M.Phil and Ph.D – 5marks
- Post Doctoral Fellowship- 2 marks
After the written exam, the Commission will announce the results of the exam. Based on a cut off mark decided by the Commission, candidates will be shortlisted for the interview. The interview panel will consist of members selected by the Commission. Some of the most often asked questions during the interview are give below:
- Introduce yourself
- What is your motive behind applying for this job opening?
- Do you have any previous experience in this field?
- Tell us something about your hobbies.
- Tell us more about your career objectives and goals.
- What is the factor that excited you to choose this profession?
Those who clear the interview will be called for document verification. The documents required are as follows:
- SSLC certificate as proof of age and date of birth
- Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Master’s degree certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Non creamy layer certificate in case of OBC candidates
- ID proof
Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions. Our coaching has helped several PSC aspirants crack the exam.