Table of Contents
Kerala PSC is expected to release the official notification for the submission of the application form for the post of Kerala PSC LP/UP Assistant recruitment in December 2023. The number of vacancies will be announced in the official notification. The candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for the post. Those who are do not meet the prescribed qualification will be rejected without any further consideration. Graduates with B.Ed and KTET can now apply for the LPSA and UPSA.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Salary Structure 2023
The scale of pay for both the LP School Assistant and UP School Assistant is the same. The pay scale is Rs. 35,600/ – Rs. 75,400/. Along with the basic pay of Rs. 35,600, following allowances, are also included in the salary.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA) – Rs. 1500 (B2 class cities and above), Rs. 1250 ( other cities and towns) and Rs. 1000(others).
- B2 class city and above includes Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Kochi, Thrissur, Kozhikode, and Kannur. Government institutions within 01 km of the above-mentioned cities also have HRA of Rs. 1500/ and city compensation.
- The employees of Forest complex at Mahottam, Kozhikode is eligible for HRA at the rate of B2 cities.
- City Compensation Allowance- Rs. 440/.
- Dearness Allowance (DA)- Rs. 4536/.
- The differently-abled employees will get an allowance of Rs. 800 per month.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant In-Hand Salary
The in-hand salary will be basic pay Rs. 35,600 + Dearness Allowance (DA) 18% of basic pay 4536+ HRA Rs.1500 + City Compensation Allowance Rs. 440 – Gratuity PF Rs. 1500- Insurance Rs.500 – Tax deductions Rs.500 – Pension Rs.2520 ( minimum 10% of basic pay). So on hand salary will be around Rs.26,656 if you are posted in cities and will be around Rs.25,956 in other town areas.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Post Wise Salary
The post wise salary details is given below for the detailed reference. The candidates should calculate the other perks and benefits in addition to the basic pay scale.
|Name of Post||Salary Details|
|High School Assistant (Sanskrit)||Rs 29,200 – Rs 62,400|
|Part-time High School Assistant (Arabic)||Rs 19,000 – Rs 43,600|
|LP School Assistant (Kannada Medium)
UP School Assistant (Malayalam Medium)
|Rs 25,200 – Rs 54,000
Rs 25,200 – Rs 54,000
|High School Assistant (Arabic)||Rs 29,200 – Rs 62,400|
|High School Assistant (Natural Science) (Kannada Medium)||Rs 29,200 – Rs 62,400|
|High School Assistant (Mathematics) (Malayalam Medium)||Rs 29,200 – Rs 62,400|
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Allowances
Here is the list of allowances allotted by the Kerala Public Service Commission for the post of Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant 2023.
- Dearness Allowances
- House Rent Allowances (HRA)
- Provident Fund (PF) Contribution
- City Compensatory Allowances (CCA)
- Travel Allowances
- Medical Allowances
- Special Allowances
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Promotions
The candidates who are selected after the written exam and the document verification can expect rapid career growth. The candidates will be given a 6 months probation period. After the probation, the candidates will be given the benefits of yearly promotions and increments based on their experience and eligibility. Along with the promotion, the candidates should also expect a hike in the basic salary scale.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant 2023 Eligibility
The candidates should have these following qualifications:
- A pass in SSLC/ Matriculation or it’s equivalent
- A pass in Pre-degree examination conducted by any of the Universities in Kerala or any examination recognized by any such universities in Kerala as equivalent to Pre-Degree examination.
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examination (Plus Two) conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or any other examination recognized by Government as equivalent thereto, and
- A pass in T.T.C Examination(D.Ed) conducted by the Commissioner for Government Examinations, Kerala.
- A Degree in any subject and B.Ed/ B.T/ L.T conferred or recognized by the Universities in Kerala, and
- Must have passed the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (K-TET) for this post conducted by the Government of Kerala. Candidates who have qualified CTET/ NET/ SET/ M.Phil/Ph.D./ M.Ed. in the respective subjects are exempted from acquiring the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET).
- Candidates should have studied Malayalam in Matriculation level or as a second language in the Graduation level or the candidates should have studied in the Malayalam medium.
For LP Assistant Graduation with B.Ed is not necessary, D.Ed/ T.T.C along with Pre-Degree or Higher Secondary education is enough. M.Com graduates with B.Ed and KTET can apply for UP Assistant.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.