Table of Contents
Candidates who are interested and eligible for KMAT Kerala 2023 phase 2 application can fill the KMAT Kerala registration form by visiting the official website- cee.kerala.gov.in. As per released KMAT phase 2 schedule, authorities will conduct KMAT Kerala phase 2 on July 2, 2023. As per the eligibility criteria of the exam, candidates with a minimum of 50 percent in aggregate in graduation could apply for KMAT Kerala Exam date 2023. To register for the exam, candidates need to visit the official website of the University. CEE conducts the Kerala KMAT entrance exam for admissions to MBA/PGDM programs in various University affiliated colleges.
KMAT Kerala 2023 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The application form of KMAT Kerala 2023 (phase 2) has been released by CEE Kerala. KMAT Kerala 2023 application form is available in online mode only. CEE Kerala will close the KMAT Kerala registration window on June 12, 2023.
KMAT Kerala Application Fee – The application fee for For General category candidates was Rs. 1000 and Rs. 750 for SC/ST category candidates.
KMAT Kerala 2023 Eligibility Criteria
As per the eligibility criteria of KMAT Kerala 2023, candidates need to fulfill the following parameters in order to be eligible to apply for the exam –
- At least 50 per cent marks in aggregate (45 percent for SC/ST candidates) in graduation (minimum 3 years) from a recognized board/university/education body are eligible to apply Or
- Master’s degree with at least 50 percent marks in aggregate (45 percent for SC/ST candidates) from any recognized education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent are eligible to apply for the exam.
- Final year graduation students are also eligible to apply.
KMAT Selection Process
The selection process for Kerala KMAT typically consists of the following stages:
a. KMAT Entrance Exam:
The first step is to appear for the KMAT entrance exam. It is a computer-based test that assesses candidates’ aptitude in various areas, including English language usage and comprehension, quantitative aptitude, data sufficiency and reasoning, and general knowledge and current affairs. The exam is designed to evaluate the candidates’ analytical and logical reasoning abilities.
b. KMAT Result and Scorecard:
Once the exam is conducted, the authorities release the KMAT result and scorecard. Candidates can access their individual scores and percentiles, which serve as a crucial component in the selection process.
c. KMAT Counselling:
After the announcement of results, eligible candidates are called for the KMAT counselling process. During counselling, candidates have the opportunity to choose their preferred management institutes based on their KMAT scores and ranks. The counselling process may involve document verification, seat allotment, and payment of admission fees.
d. GD/PI Rounds (Optional):
Some participating institutes may conduct Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds as a part of their selection process. These rounds aim to assess candidates’ communication skills, leadership qualities, problem-solving abilities, and overall suitability for the management program.
The final selection of candidates for admission into management programs is typically based on a combination of factors, including KMAT scores, performance in GD/PI (if applicable), academic qualifications, work experience (if any), and any additional criteria set by the participating institutes. The weightage assigned to each factor may vary among institutions.
KMAT Kerala Counselling Session 2023
The counselling session of KMAT Kerala 2023 involves a document verification process, group discussion and a personal interview round. The candidates who are shortlisted are called in for the counselling session in which registration, document verification, group discussion and personal interview will be conducted.
Documents Required for Counselling Process
There are some documents which the candidates are required to bring at the time of their counselling session to complete their admission process. The documents are as follows:
- Passport size photograph (coloured and recent)
- Domicile certificates
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets along with the pass certificate
- Transfer and migration certificate
- Graduation degree mark sheet
- KMAT Kerala admit card
- KMAT Kerala scorecard
- Category certificates (if applicable)
KMAT Kerala Group Discussion 2023
The KMAT Kerala group discussion round is a part of the counselling session. The group discussion (GD) may vary for different colleges. Students can refer to the official website to know their centre for the counselling process. The group discussion promotes a much deeper understanding of a particular topic. They can also help to increase the participant’s attention which will help them to maintain their focus in the learning process.
KMAT Kerala Personal Interview 2023
The KMAT Kerala personal interview is the last round of the counselling process. Students who have passed the entrance test and the group discussion round will be called in for a personal interview. Personal interviews are a crucial component of counselling sessions as they allow counsellors to establish rapport with the students and develop a deeper understanding of the student’s backgrounds, experiences and other educational qualifications.
KMAT Kerala 2023 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam– KMAT Kerala 2023 will be a computer-based test and the questions will be displayed on the screen.
- Duration of Exam– KMAT Kerala 2023 will be 180 minutes, wherein there is no restriction regarding solving a particular section within a stipulated time limit.
- Medium of Exam– English, each question in the exam will be asked in English only and a candidate must provide the answer in the same language throughout the paper in KMAT Kerala 2023.
- No. of Sections– There will be Four sections in KMAT Kerala 2023 namely English Language and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning, and General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario
Section 1: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- This section will test the student’s knowledge and proficiency in the English language.
- There will be unseen passages that must be answered based on the information or facts given in the passage are also asked. The questions are usually direct and the difficulty level is easy to moderate.
Section 2: Quantitative Aptitude
- This section will test the basic mathematical ability of individuals. It is considered to be relatively a scoring section though the level of difficulty for this section is moderate to high.
- This sub-division will examine a student on how quick as well as accurate he/she is when it comes to thinking. The questions might, either be in sets or individual ones.
Section 3: Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning
- In this section, the ability of applicants to understand graphs, charts, tables, and patterns from the data given as also their visualization power is analyzed.
- The question will be of Matriculation standards in this sub-division.
- Work efficiency of students with numbers, numerical calculations, various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time and speed, etc. will be tested.
- The students will also counter Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs, and charts are some other topics that would be evaluated here.
Section 4: General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario
- In this section, the candidate’s awareness of the current scenario at state, national and international levels is tested.
- There is no exact syllabus for this but current and conventional general knowledge from past and present is required to clear this section.
KMAT Kerala 2023 Section Wise Question Distribution
|Number of Questions
|Number of Marks
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
|Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning
|General Awareness & Contemporary Business Scenario
KMAT Kerala 2023 Marking Scheme
KMAT Kerala Important Dates 2023
Students appearing for KMAT Kerala 2023 must refer to the table below to know the important dates. The relevant dates for KMT Kerala 2023 are not released yet. However, we have created a tentative list which students can refer to. The dates are given below.
|Tentative Date – Session 1
|Tentative Date – Session 2
|Commencement of registration
|The second week of April 2023
|The first week of May 2023
|Last date for applications
|Last week of April 2023
|Last week of July 2023
|Release of admit card
|The first or second week of May 2023
|First or second week of May 2023
|Last week of August 2023
|Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI)
What are the three stages involved in the KMAT Kerala selection process 2023?
KMAT Kerala’s selection process is divided into three levels. The three levels are an entrance test, a group discussion round (GD) and a personal interview round (PI). The GD & PI are a part of the counselling process.
What is a group discussion session (GD)?
The KMAT Kerala group discussion round is a part of the counselling session. The group discussion (GD) may vary for different colleges. The group discussion promotes a much deeper understanding of a particular topic. They can also help to increase the participant’s attention which will help them to maintain their focus in the learning process.
What are the documents required in a counselling session of KMAT Kerala 2023?
There are some documents which the candidates are required to bring at the time of their counselling session to complete their admission process. The documents are
– Passport size photograph (coloured and recent)
– Domicile certificates
– Class 10th and 12th mark sheets along with the pass certificate
– Transfer and migration certificate
– Graduation degree mark sheet
– KMAT Kerala admit card
– KMAT Kerala score card
– Category certificates (if applicable)
The Kerala KMAT selection process is a comprehensive procedure that evaluates candidates’ aptitude and suitability for management programs. By understanding the different stages and criteria involved, aspiring management professionals can adequately prepare themselves to navigate through the process. It is important for candidates to stay updated with the official notifications and guidelines provided by the KMAT conducting body and the participating institutions.
Embark on your journey towards a successful management career by grasping the complexities of the Kerala KMAT selection process. With thorough preparation and a clear understanding of the process, you can position yourself as a strong candidate and increase your chances of securing admission into your desired management institute in Kerala. Good luck!