Table of Contents
Gujarat is a beautiful state and it is also home to many beautiful lakes. There are a lot of famous lakes in Gujarat that you can visit if you are travelling there for your next trip. The biggest lake in Gujarat state is in the city of Ahmedabad. In Ahmedabad, you will find Kankaria lake which is a beautiful travel destination. Given below you will find information regarding the list of many beautiful Lakes In Gujarat State. You can find more than a hundred lakes in Gujarat state if you are a lover of beautiful destinations.
List Of Lakes In Gujarat 2021
If you want to check the most visited lakes present in the Gujarat state then you can take a look at the table given below. Different lakes are situated in different cities of Gujarat for the travellers who visit Gujarat each and every year. If your next trip is going to be to Gujarat then we request you to explore these lakes and experience the beauty of this heritage state known as Gujarat. Each and every lake mentioned in the table below carries the beauty of Gujarat in itself.
|Sardar Sarovar Dam||Navagam, Kevadia|
|Thol Lake||Thol village near Kalo|
|Dharoi Dam||Mehsana district|
|Damodar Kund||Near Girnar hills, Junagadh|
|Shakoor Lake||Gujarat and Pakistan Border|
Most Beautiful Lakes In Gujarat
The most common question that you will find many people asking is how many lakes in Gujarat are there. There are around 105 lakes in Gujarat as of today this includes and made and natural lakes. Given below is the list indicating the most beautiful lakes present in Gujarat that you must visit on your next trip to the state.
- Narayan Sarovar- Narayan Sarovar is situated in Lakhpat Taluka of Kutch near the Kori Creek. The place is also a pilgrimage for many people because it is a home for the ancient temple of Koteshwar only 4 km away of Pampa, Pushkar, Bindu and Mansarovar that is mentioned in Bhagavata Purana.
- Nal Sarovar- Nal Sarovar lake is situated near Sanand village about 64 km to the west of Ahmedabad. This lake is also famous as a bird sanctuary. The beauty of this lake can be enjoyed during the winter season because of the weather.
- Damodar Kund- Damodar Kund, Girnar one of the most sacred lakes which are situated in the foothills of Girnar near Junagadh in Gujarat. The lake is a pretty sacred place for pilgrims who visit it during various times of the year.
- Hamirsar Lake- Hamirsar Lake, Bhuj is a very beautiful man-made lake which is situated in the heart of Bhuj in Kutch. It was built about 450 years ago by Rao Khengarji I.
- Sursagar Lake- Sursagar Lake in Vadodara is situated in the heart of the city and many tourists visit this lake to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the location. In the evenings, the lake is very crowded due to the beautiful scenery it offers to the tourists.
- Gopi Talav- Gopi Talav also a man-made lake which is created in Surat basically in South Gujarat. It was built in 1510 by Malik Gopi, a rich merchant and governor of the city during the reign of the Mughals.
- Thol Lake- Thol Lake is situated in Kalol in the Mehsana district. It is also a bird sanctuary with about 150 species of birds. This location also serves as a picnic spot for many tourists and local residents.
Gujarat is a very beautiful state which hosts a large number of lakes in order to provide a beautiful location for many tourists and local residents who want to find a peaceful place. More than a hundred lakes are present in Gujarat state which offers a wide variety of tourist spots and picnic spots for the local residents. You have to learn about the local locations and local lakes of Gujarat if you are planning to take a current affair examination. Entri provides General Knowledge information to the people taking entrance examinations of different types. Enroll now and take a free GK mock test to achieve perfect knowledge in this subject.