The Life Insurance Corporation of India is one of the prominent insurance companies in India. Every year it recruits eligible individuals for various posts. Securing a job at LIC is everyone’s dream. If you wish to boost your career and join LIC, then you are at the right place. Start your preparation with Entri’s list of LIC Assistant Preparation tips. The job recruitment takes place in three stages namely – Preliminary, Mains exam and Language Proficiency Test. You can go through the blog below to know more information on how to prepare for LIC Assistant Examination 2021.
LIC Assistant Preparation Strategy 2021
In this blog, candidates can find subject-wise preparation tips for LIC Assistant 2021 Prelims and Mains examination.
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Preparation Tips
Below mentioned are subject-wise strategies to prepare for LIC Assistant Prelims Examination.
- The candidates should not underestimate the knowledge one could gain from reading newspapers daily. It helps improve our reading skills, vocabulary along with keeping us updated with current affairs.
- Focus on the Cloze test section.
- Attempt mock tests.
- Study all tips and formulas to solve numerical ability questions with ease.
- Using shortcut tricks will help you save time and perform better in the examination.
- Separate the topics you find difficult and put extra effort in studying them.
- Download Entri App and attempt mock tests.
- Practice questions to determine difficulty level
- Attempt previous year question paper and mock tests
- Vyakaran, Fill in the Blanks, Mistakes, Paragraphs, व्याकरण भाग (Grammar) – वर्तनी, वाक्य, नियमों के सेट सक्रिय निष्क्रिय आवाज, अप्रत्यक्ष प्रत्यक्ष भाषण, लेख, पूर्वसर्ग, वाक्यांशों और मुहावरों, वाक्य सुधार, खोलना त्रुटि प्रश्न, एक शब्द प्रतिस्थापन, रिक्त स्थान को भरना.शब्दावली (Vocabulary) पदबंधों , समानार्थी शब्द, विलोम, वाक्य पूरा , शब्द गठन
LIC Assistant Mains Exam Preparation Tips
Below you will find tips on LIC Assistant Mains exam preparation.
General/ Financial Awareness
The questions will be based on from Indian Current Events, Banking, General Science, General Knowledge. Mainly the focus will be on Current affairs of National & International news, Important dates, Current Science, Technology, Sports & Culture & Banking Sector. Questions from Marketing will also be asked to test your knowledge.
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial / Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honors
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations are some related topics
- Verb, preposition, adverb, subject verb agreement, Error Correction/ recognition, tenses, sentences rearrangement, fill in the blanks with articles etc., comprehension, answering questions based on unseen passage, vocabulary, synonyms and antonyms usage, vocabulary & grammar, Proficiency in the language.
- Questions will be based on Simplification, Number Series, Quadratic Equations Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Area, profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Speed, Investment, HCF LCM, Problem On Ages, Bar Graph, Pictorial Graph, Pie Chart.
Test of Reasoning
- Questions will be based on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning.
- Basic of Computers, Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts & Basic knowledge MS word, MS Excel, MS power point, Memory Orientation, Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology. Remember short cut Tricks of MS Word, MS Excel & Computer Abbreviations.
General Tips and Tricks to Follow
- Setup a Time Table – It is very important to follow a strict time table if you want to succeed. Structure your study plan accordingly. Devote more time to study, and spend less time sleeping or doing other activities. Structure the syllabus properly giving more attention to important topics. Do not skip any topics, because all are equally important. To gain extra information watch video sessions related to the syllabus.
- Mock Tests – are the best way to analyze your preparation level. It assists in time-management as well as in handling exam pressure during the actual exam. Mock tests improve your accuracy and help you maintain speed. By taking mick tests you can easily assess which sections you need to revise better and improve your chance of obtaining higher grades. Aspirants can do the SWOT(Strength Weakness Opportunity Threat) analysis when they finish taking the mock and can work upon bettering themselves.
- Practice Makes a Man Perfect – As the old proverb says, ‘Practice makes a man perfect’, it is best to practice as much as you can. To score good results in the actual exam, daily practice is required. Practice concepts of each and every section. You can take two sections to practice in a day like Reasoning and English on a day, while Quantitative Aptitude on the next day followed by a mock test which you can be taken on a daily basis.
- Good Old Revision – Revising all the topics before examination is a very healthy habit to follow. Revise all the topics that you are good at. List the important topics into a checklist and settle on how each and every point is to be revised before the exam is held. It will help you focus your learning and during the examination.
- Stay Calm – Too much pressure and anxiety can affect your performance negatively. So, stay calm and positive so you can handle it all with ease. Often candidates end up scoring less because they were too stressed or nervous before the examination. Start your preparation well in advance to avoid any last minute stress.
We hope this article on LIC Assistant Preparation 2021 helps you in clearing the exams with ease. Good Luck!